Closed Thread
Page 194 of 203 FirstFirst ... 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thank you guys. I don't know all the details yet, but sounds like gang-related. Which just is the worst. This kid def had it rough and I can imagine him getting in with the wrong crowd. At the same time, dude was super smart and was always respectful, if a little silly, to me. Great smile. He wanted to do well.

Ya know, I totally understand it's a rare chance you get to be that teacher who "turned their who lives around" and put them on the straight and narrow, and it's not my fault or anything, but man, if only I could have gotten him on the right path. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.

He has a younger brother, too, who looked up to him greatly. He moved schools, but I hope he is doing ok, and doesn't follow in his brother's footsteps. I feel so bad for his mom, too. She was super active in trying to do everything she could for her kids.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I'm really sorry to hear about that , it's rough.

Working in the jail and seeing the different people come through I can say this , you can't blame yourself. Often it comes to survival , what they feel they have to do to survive. It doesn't make it easier or better in any way of course. All it takes is one bad day , one wrong choice to change everything forever.

In the end , most times it comes down to their choice, though of course innocent people are often caught in the literal crossfire which is beyond unfortunate.
    If you feel like you made a difference, that is the take a way. And just remember you can't save everyone. A lesson I still have yet to learn in my personal life.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Running errands and stop for gas at costco. Gas up my car, hop back in, and battery is dead. Employee and a random good samaritan pushed me to an open parking spot (a miracle in itself one was there at costco at noon).

So now I'm on the endless hold with AAA since my portable charger didn't have enough juice, not that I think it would work as the negative connector had a crap to. Of battery acid corrosion on it and what looked like leakage underneath the casing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

my phone's battery is swollen. wife and i have been meaning to split off from our parents' plans anyway but i'd been hoping to bring my phone with me.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    my phone's battery is swollen. wife and i have been meaning to split off from our parents' plans anyway but i'd been hoping to bring my phone with me.
    Could always take your phone to https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations if you're near one. I got my pixel 3 battery replaced for $85.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

idk, it's a galaxy s6. not sure it's really worth putting any money into it.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I think i got fired on my day off, lmao; i'll find out when i go clock in tomorrow (wasn't told I was fired,but got removed from the group chat)

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I think i got fired on my day off, lmao; i'll find out when i go clock in tomorrow (wasn't told I was fired,but got removed from the group chat)
    Didn't this happen a few months ago? Wtf is up with your employer damn.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

What did he do? Park his bike in the handicap lane? lol

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I got laid off from a job while I was home sick with the flu. I was literally delirious with a very high fever and throwing up and my then boss called me up with HR on the line to tell me I was being laid off. I was like seriously it couldn't wait?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

trying to replace my phone and verizon's shit web store won't process jack shit

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I legit hate dealing with people in FB marketplace sometimes.

It's constant no shows and I am sitting around waiting for them to come. I am giving away free boxes so it's not like I am making any money off of this. People love to message AFTER the schedule time to be like "oh sorry I couldn't make it, can I come tomorrow?"

No bitch, I know this is a pandemic and all, but I don't like the idea I don't want go anywhere on the chance you decide to finally show up. And don't even have the decency to message BEFORE.

And I don't sell often, but I wanna say that literally happens every time I do.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I legit hate dealing with people in FB marketplace sometimes.

It's constant no shows and I am sitting around waiting for them to come. I am giving away free boxes so it's not like I am making any money off of this. People love to message AFTER the schedule time to be like "oh sorry I couldn't make it, can I come tomorrow?"

No bitch, I know this is a pandemic and all, but I don't like the idea I don't want go anywhere on the chance you decide to finally show up. And don't even have the decency to message BEFORE.

And I don't sell often, but I wanna say that literally happens every time I do.
    Theres something about FB Marketplace that just makes people awful. I was selling this gaming Keyboard/Mouse combo a while back. This person hits me up. Is super interested. We talk about its a dick move to ghost people, lowball when you pick it up, expect delivery, ect. After a day of talking, decide to meet up in 2 days to make the sale. They ghost me for 2 weeks. When I mark the ad as "Sold" they message me back freaking out me on about how I'm a piece of shit, I can't keep my word, and how they "Had to wait for their inheritance". They then tried the ol' "Whatever, your item is trash, I can get it cheaper elsewhere" and "Its for my sick and dying mom".

or this one chick. My wife and I bought a lovely wooden TV stand/unit thing for 50 bucks. We get there, she tells us stories about how she's been trying to sell it for weeks, one person promised her 200 dollars if she drove back from her summer Vacation to buy it. She did, 4 hour drive, tried to meet up with this person, then got ghosted. A week later she got a message saying how that person changed their mind, it wasn't worth the 200 dollars(that the buyer went to, it was 50 bucks), and how she tried to scam them.

I just refuse to sell shit on there now. I can't deal with people anymore.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

When I graduated from college, I got a new kitten while living with my parents. When I moved to CA I left her with them because by that point her, my father, and my parents toy poodle had become inseparable and it just didn't feel right to take her with me.

She survived the other two, but passed away last night at the age of 19. Extra sad because my mom is with us right now and her brother was taking care of her, so my mom didn't get to say goodbye. ;_;

Today I also had to have the Santa talk with my daughter. Time is going by too fast. :cries:

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I really wish basic PC knowledge was mandatory in today's work world, especially for mobile users. Due to Covid and people working remotely and connecting to the network via VPN, I've been sticking a little script file on people's desktops to double click and map their network shares if they ever get disconnected. Even show them how it works. Just had someone e-mail me saying they haven't seen their network drives since the last time they spoke to me, told them they should have this file on their desktop, but if not, here's the link to your personal folder, I'll stick it there for you and you can copy it to your desktop.

Idiot just e-mails me back saying oh that file has always been there, I just don't know what you mean by double click on it for it to run so I just let it sit there and e-mailed you instead.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My power is out and I have apparently ridded myself of all non-electronic forms of entertainment.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    My power is out and I have apparently ridded myself of all non-electronic forms of entertainment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Western Union.
    FTFY.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Phone at 20%, death is near.

Also, I tried out YouTube Music because why TF not and thought it was a slightly better DJ than youtube autoplay. However, now I am using it in offline mode and it seems to have downloaded a massive cache of music based on my geographic location. I have a handful of spanish language songs in my collection, but the songs it chose to secretly download for me at some point in the past are ~50% spanish, ~30% Taylor Swift, ~10% songs I would listen to, and ~10% other english language music. I live in a millennial wonderland next to an el salvadorean community, so I think they probably picked it based on the demand geographically.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

So we have 2 openers at 3, and then someone comes in at 5am and they work till 6 when the first shift all comes to clock in. One of the 3am and the 5am girls both called out today, leaving the other to open/make food/drinks, cashier, drive thru etc. solo until the 6amers showed up.

I get in about 5:40 since I usually like to take a breather before I start since I'm a 6 mile bike ride. I was about 2 secs away from clocking in and then I remembered the last time I went to help her 2-3 months ago, she left me hanging to do it solo (when it was her job and I was just trying to help her w/ it) went back to the lobby and waited till 6 to clock in

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I thought you got fired.