Page 51 of 203 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Just dropped into the 2nd tier weight bracket for plasma selling. It's 5 bucks less; w/ 8 visits per month that's -45 bucks. Fuck that shit.

Gonna start stuffing my pockets w/ small weight plates to keep myself on their scale in the top bracket
    5 * 8 = 40
    I think you might be lightheaded from donating too much. :X

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Woke up this morning to a new cell phone added to my plan that Astylla and I did not order. To add insult to injury, while dealing with customer service, while she was setting everything up to transfer me to fraud, kept trying to up sell me crap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Woke up this morning to a new cell phone added to my plan that Astylla and I did not order. To add insult to injury, while dealing with customer service, while she was setting everything up to transfer me to fraud, kept trying to up sell me crap.
    A lot of them are pushed into it. Had an ex working for some phone companies customer support and yeah if you made lots sales/upgrades etc you were golden got money promotions etc. If you didn't make enough you were shit on (think maybe fired eventually)

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I had a friend who was hired by Comcast as Tech Support I. He quit after a month because all departments get billing calls routed to them and he wasn't having that. On top of it they were told to always upsell even as a tech support. Barf.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Just dropped into the 2nd tier weight bracket for plasma selling. It's 5 bucks less; w/ 8 visits per month that's -45 bucks. Fuck that shit.

Gonna start stuffing my pockets w/ small weight plates to keep myself on their scale in the top bracket
    Had a coworker who recently was diagnosed with anemia due to her constant blood donations, careful broski

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Had a coworker who recently was diagnosed with anemia due to her constant blood donations, careful broski
    blax are way more susceptible to anemia too fam.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

now that i don't work there anymore i guess i can say i used to work for Charter Spectrum. So... not the worst cable company out there, but still a giant cable company and therefore anti-consumer. But they were pretty good employers. As a repair agent, I had no pressure to upsell, and could transfer most billing stuff. i liked that job. management was the worst part.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cream; don't do that.

I actually had one IDIOT of a medical assistant (I told them I never wanted to see him again) tell me don't donate plasma at all because doing it too much can make you sick. (I go twice a week, every other week, and I do it with the knowledge and hand in paw with my main doc, so she knows and knows I try to be wise about it. Just so you know, I'm on Medicare with a medicaid assist so I get free health care.) I assume that guy saw a lot of people that do NOT listen to their bodies about it and just see $$ when they donate plasma. Tho I still never want to see that aid again..He was of the opinion that it messes with the liver, which far as I know is not true.

But going above your weight class like that/cheating by putting weights in your pocket like that COULD make you really sick, so don't. Is your health worth a few bucks to you?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty sure he's been going at that weight class only difference now is he's been a little harder on the cardio and diet so has removed some of the fat

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Prolly, Das. Tho yeah, I know at least at the Biolife I go to they do try to watch out for leg weights and stuff (heck, they ask me to take my fanny pack off half the time, even tho I tell them, it's only a pound extra really. I'm not a girl that carries THAT much in my fanny pack or purse), tho I doubt they catch all the people desperate enough to cheat, and far as I know they don't have tiers for weight for anything but how much you donate. It's a flat fee for a donation (Less for the first than the second btw in a week, but it's about $50 ish total for two donations in a week). So I'm not worried if I end up dropping enough to drop a weight class myself.

Might be worth it to change centers Creme for that reason if there's a Biolife not too far away from you since they'd only yell at you about weight if you were just too light to donate at all.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Jesus how much is plasma to jeopardize your health over it!? At that point get a cart and start collecting cans.

BG Level

i used to donate plasma, when i was going through my first divorce and broke as fuck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Changing centers might be hard... like fuck the closest I have is a good 80 miles and next is um idk a lot farther. Money isn't bad though and you fine if you don't donate too much. Also note he's not donating blood. I don't think that will give you anemia but think they might not let you donate?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Das; depends yar. The one I donate with is right in town, over by the local mall, and I have to get rides. (I'd say no more than 10 miles? I could be wrong tho, never checked with Google.)

It won't give you anemia or nothing but you might have trouble with being sickish, feeling weak, fainting, and blackouts if you donate too much. I don't think a little more money is worth that, so I've always been careful and listened to my body. I also don't donate every week b/c I think that's too much; mind YRMV, so listen to your body. (As it is I'm waiting a extra week on account that it's Thanksgiving and the lady who's been helping me needs to be with her family.)

But yeah, I didn't listen to that idiot aide since I know I'm fine, but it's not worth risking the effects of donating too much, imo. Also since (I can only speak for biolife) they do test, they might catch you b/c of low protein levels or something of the sort, so yeah, they could not let you donate after a bit of that. Again, not worth the risk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah most I think recommend you eat protein and iron rich foods before so you do better on the screening tests. And yeah different people react different. Never done plasma but never felt any of the normal symptoms after blood... I'd so go back to donating blood if any place around me offered anything for it to at least make up for my time

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

s h o c k i n g

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    now that i don't work there anymore i guess i can say i used to work for Charter Spectrum. So... not the worst cable company out there, but still a giant cable company and therefore anti-consumer. But they were pretty good employers. As a repair agent, I had no pressure to upsell, and could transfer most billing stuff. i liked that job. management was the worst part.
    Charter/Spectrum/The Warner is terrible in NY at least. Especially Manhattan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    s h o c k i n g
    I mean apparently they were completely legit until moviepass showed them you don't have to be

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Charter/Spectrum/The Warner is terrible in NY at least. Especially Manhattan.
    Total garbage. Verizon is the truth.