Closed Thread
Page 5 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    You bought a new chandelier because the bulbs burnt out in the old one? Am I missing something here? I feel you on the shitty house wiring though most houses I have lived in have had shitty wiring and I have had to redo everything. I remember one house didn't have a single grounded plug installed throughout so I had to replace them all. Fortunately the ground wires were there and properly grounded but they just weren't being used.
    There was a house we looked at that was a beautiful, old, Victorian-style house. It had a straight up parlor, a servants kitchen in the basement, a dumbwaiter, and servants quarters in the attic. The outlets, however, were all ungrounded and the new kitchen was in an addition that was sinking.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Dude are you new on the internet?
    No but I like messing with people like that so I play along at times also makes reporting easier (though that's usually tinder). I like to lead them on just as much and waste their time too lol. Just weird because most are much more direct and fast.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

You bought a new chandelier because the bulbs burnt out in the old one? Am I missing something here?
    Sorry, I should have explained better. I think our chandelier is ugly as sin, and when the bulbs began burning out I happened upon a chandelier that I loved for cheap. I figured since we were going to have to go up there anyway (to replace bulbs) I might as well get the other one and put new bulbs in it since I was going to want to get rid of our current one eventually anyway. Basically killing two birds with one stone type of thing.

I feel you on the shitty house wiring though most houses I have lived in have had shitty wiring and I have had to redo everything. I remember one house didn't have a single grounded plug installed throughout so I had to replace them all. Fortunately the ground wires were there and properly grounded but they just weren't being used.
    That's happening to us, too. Some don't have ground wires, some have them and weren't being used.

One outlet looked like it might have ended up being a fire hazard eventually, so I am glad we are getting it done, just a big hassle.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Sorry, I should have explained better. I think our chandelier is ugly as sin, and when the bulbs began burning out I happened upon a chandelier that I loved for cheap. I figured since we were going to have to go up there anyway (to replace bulbs) I might as well get the other one and put new bulbs in it since I was going to want to get rid of our current one eventually anyway. Basically killing two birds with one stone type of thing.

That's happening to us, too. Some don't have ground wires, some have them and weren't being used.

One outlet looked like it might have ended up being a fire hazard eventually, so I am glad we are getting it done, just a big hassle.
    Haha that makes so much more sense. It just read funny to me the first time.

Glad you are getting it replaced and getting the rest of the wiring figured out.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bought some orthopedic insoles and new walking shoes on Amazon. Guess it’s finally time to admit my body has begun it’s inevitable betrayal.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Random Fail FWP Thread 2: Something, Something, Your Mother's a Whore.

I’m alive!

Not a fail obviously. Just figured I’d post that in this thread lol.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I’m alive!

Not a fail obviously. Just figured I’d post that in this thread lol.
    Congratulations on not getting shot. Did you teach your in-law how to shoot a gun?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Congratulations on not getting shot. Did you teach your in-law how to shoot a gun?
    He was getting the hang of it towards the end. Gonna probably take him one more time before he has to qualify.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

My fail for the day. I live in a really rural area. We have no high speed internet available to us except for satellite which is balls. I know that physically we could have but it just isn't profitable enough for ATT to want to offer it. Instead I could get business class t1 lines or ethernet over copper at my house which is about $1,200 a month for 1.5mbps up and down. Anyway today I called ATT to ask a question about my cell bill. The dude goes through his schtick about saving me money by bundling at the end of the phone call as they always do. During this he says that high speed internet is available at my home. I could get 50mbps bundled with tv and my cell service for less than I pay for satellite internet and cell phone right now.

Anyway I asked him specifically if he meant land based internet and he kept insisting yes that is what he meant. So I go through with it which takes forever. During the whole process I kept telling him how skeptical I was and he kept insisting on what he was giving me. Now ATT has no record whatsoever of an internet order on my account. They only see the DirectTV order. I waste a ton of time today dealing with this bullshit and I still can't get decent internet at my house. Fuck ATT and their stupid sales people who have no clue what land based internet means. I canceled the TV order because I don't fucking want TV I just want the internet that I was promised.

Kinda my fault for getting my hopes up but I was pretty specific with the guy and he still insisted that is what he was giving me.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

My fail for the day. I live in a really rural area. We have no high speed internet available to us except for satellite which is balls. I know that physically we could have but it just isn't profitable enough for ATT to want to offer it. Instead I could get business class t1 lines or ethernet over copper at my house which is about $1,200 a month for 1.5mbps up and down. Anyway today I called ATT to ask a question about my cell bill. The dude goes through his schtick about saving me money by bundling at the end of the phone call as they always do. During this he says that high speed internet is available at my home. I could get 50mbps bundled with tv and my cell service for less than I pay for satellite internet and cell phone right now.

Anyway I asked him specifically if he meant land based internet and he kept insisting yes that is what he meant. So I go through with it which takes forever. During the whole process I kept telling him how skeptical I was and he kept insisting on what he was giving me. Now ATT has no record whatsoever of an internet order on my account. They only see the DirectTV order. I waste a ton of time today dealing with this bullshit and I still can't get decent internet at my house. Fuck ATT and their stupid sales people who have no clue what land based internet means. I canceled the TV order because I don't fucking want TV I just want the internet that I was promised.

Kinda my fault for getting my hopes up but I was pretty specific with the guy and he still insisted that is what he was giving me.
    God damn lol fuck telecom customer service haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I used to do tech support for DirecTV, can confirm that sales in general knows fuck all what they are talking about, they just say whatever to make the sale and hit their metric and then the next poor sap in tech support or billing has to deal with the rage when the customer calls back later.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

so my job has two shifts, and we both have the same set of rules. except on the first shift, the rules are not being enforced, which leaves work for us on the second shift. so we're doing not only our own jobs but also the jobs of the people who came in before us but didn't do jack shit.

I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to quit. like, I hadn't thought it was that serious, but when I typed that first paragraph out it's exactly the sort of thing that would make me scream at someone else "WHY ARE YOU STILL WORKING THERE?" it's never ok for people to shove their work onto others out of sheer laziness or unwillingness to do the job, and it's even worse when management does nothing about it. and because my manager takes shit way more seriously than the first shift manager does, that's exactly what keeps happening.

I really don't know what to do. I'm not ready to start applying for new jobs yet... but maybe I need to go that route anyway. I'm almost done with my degree; I could probably finagle my way into an entry-level programming job. maybe.

IDK. I'm really fucking depressed about this and I'm just fucking done with this place. any words of encouragement or thoughts would be appreciated.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My fail for the day. I live in a really rural area. We have no high speed internet available to us except for satellite which is balls.
    Just how rural are you? Like you get good cell data? I ask because sometimes you will be surprised on how much better phone penetration can be. Like the other weekend I went on a hike in a state park and no matter how far in we got (granted only did like 10 miles in) I was still able to play mobile games lol. Actually reception got better as we went in guess probably because less trees and we were climbing pretty steady and quick

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I used to do tech support for DirecTV, can confirm that sales in general knows fuck all what they are talking about, they just say whatever to make the sale and hit their metric and then the next poor sap in tech support or billing has to deal with the rage when the customer calls back later.

fucking preach. i'd say maybe 70% of my calls as a video repair agent were cleaning up after lying/incompetent sales reps. inbound at least have the shit they say recorded, and can be traced, so if they fuck up you can submit feedback on them, and if it's REALLY bad Quality pulls the call and they get fucking reamed. but Outbound sales are the fucking worst. No accountability, because nothing they say is recorded, so the only way to track who they are is through their commission, but that part isn't readily visible to anyone on the service end, so we have no recourse when the customer says "No" and the fucking sales rep enters an order anyway. Wasted 15 minutes of my life, 30 minutes of my customer's life, and lost the company both money and a potential customer (he had been still thinking about it, but when the salesman pulled that shit he decided against us). That was one install I was delighted to cancel. Fuck your commission, asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    so my job has two shifts, and we both have the same set of rules. except on the first shift, the rules are not being enforced, which leaves work for us on the second shift. so we're doing not only our own jobs but also the jobs of the people who came in before us but didn't do jack shit.

I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to quit. like, I hadn't thought it was that serious, but when I typed that first paragraph out it's exactly the sort of thing that would make me scream at someone else "WHY ARE YOU STILL WORKING THERE?" it's never ok for people to shove their work onto others out of sheer laziness or unwillingness to do the job, and it's even worse when management does nothing about it. and because my manager takes shit way more seriously than the first shift manager does, that's exactly what keeps happening.

I really don't know what to do. I'm not ready to start applying for new jobs yet... but maybe I need to go that route anyway. I'm almost done with my degree; I could probably finagle my way into an entry-level programming job. maybe.

IDK. I'm really fucking depressed about this and I'm just fucking done with this place. any words of encouragement or thoughts would be appreciated.

if your manager is the conscientious one, it probably chaps their ass, too. Be honest with them. Say "Hey look, I like this place but this issue is creating a toxic work environment. I'm getting burned out. Is there anything you can do?"

If the answer is no, pack your bags. Market favors the employee these days.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    He was getting the hang of it towards the end. Gonna probably take him one more time before he has to qualify.
    My father in law decided he wants us all to go shooting next month and set a date on the calendar like it's a holiday or family dinner. I don't think we'll all die since he bought 500rds of .45 for it but it's like it's some kind of event where he wants everyone to go. I think he just wants a way to bond and shoot what I have but on the inside I'm completely weirded out and I hope the place is packed and it doesn't happen. I do wanna shoot his ridiculous 1911 though, he's the type of person that has to buy the most expensive and nicest looking thing even if it doesn't make sense or is actually garbage because it's a status thing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

People make a big deal out of going to a shooting range? My dad and I go to one about once a month. They even have a full auto mp5 to rent in there lul

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post

if your manager is the conscientious one, it probably chaps their ass, too. Be honest with them. Say "Hey look, I like this place but this issue is creating a toxic work environment. I'm getting burned out. Is there anything you can do?"

If the answer is no, pack your bags. Market favors the employee these days.
    pack my bags it is I guess. I've already told him multiple times this is making me want to leave and he's like "I don't want you to leave but I can't change this." well... I can't change the job, but I can change my job.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

exactly! And don't sweat it, man. The company obviously doesn't care enough to try to earn your loyalty; you don't owe them a single second of your life beyond your 40 hours.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    People make a big deal out of going to a shooting range? My dad and I go to one about once a month. They even have a full auto mp5 to rent in there lul
    No... That's why it's suspicious.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    No... That's why it's suspicious.
    Maybe it's less about shooting and more about hanging out?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast