Closed Thread
Page 61 of 203 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So my wife works at a vet and is 6 months pregnant, had another appointment and got pulled from work finally. Shows her boss the letter, fucking texts her an hour later asking if he can call/text her if he needs her to come in. WTF no, are you kidding me?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    So my wife works at a vet and is 6 months pregnant, had another appointment and got pulled from work finally. Shows her boss the letter, fucking texts her an hour later asking if he can call/text her if he needs her to come in. WTF no, are you kidding me?
    Is your wife a vet tech or a tech assistant? My wife is a vet tech and both times she was pregnant it was crazy. It is hard for her to get away from work for anything because of surgeries and procedures. Doesn't help that she is the only licensed tech at her work right now so when she is out the Dr's are on their own. Plus on top of it all working in a vet clinic is very physical work and the techs and tech assistants are constantly crouching down and standing up and wrangling heavy ass belligerent dogs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

She is the main assistant who was going to be sent to school to be licensed until she became pregnant. It's a small clinic and aside from her boss/owner she's in charge. I work out of town doing a 14 on/7 off rotation, so she's basically on her own when I'm at work as far as house shit goes. Her body has been constantly aching after work, and her doctor has been on holidays the last couple weeks so she couldn't get pulled any earlier. She helped with 2 major surgeries last week and was in so much pain after with her joints and the baby squishing her bladder. I'm just glad she finally got pulled, it was shitty seeing her so exhausted every day.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    She is the main assistant who was going to be sent to school to be licensed until she became pregnant. It's a small clinic and aside from her boss/owner she's in charge. I work out of town doing a 14 on/7 off rotation, so she's basically on her own when I'm at work as far as house shit goes. Her body has been constantly aching after work, and her doctor has been on holidays the last couple weeks so she couldn't get pulled any earlier. She helped with 2 major surgeries last week and was in so much pain after with her joints and the baby squishing her bladder. I'm just glad she finally got pulled, it was shitty seeing her so exhausted every day.
    I hope your wife gets some rest. I feel for her. I watched my wife work all the way until the day she went into labor with our first and she was constantly squatting down and getting back up with a giant pregnant belly. With our second she went on medical leave 2 weeks before the due date which was good because the little guy came a bit early. That being said she works in a very small clinic now and it is a lot of work. Keep supporting her the best you can and congratulations on the impending bundle of poop and noise.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks man. This is our first and was 5 years in the making, so we're trying to take every precaution, and getting rid of that stress is nice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I find out about this pretty good thai food truck that sometimes is pretty close to me. Message them and apparently they go all over the place but where in some place I'd never heard of in a nearby town. Turns out it's basically an abandoned lot next to old town grainery that a lot of food trucks gather to on a rotating basis and they've even built a cover bar and fire pits and such there. Even really close to the train so hop on over to try it out only for them not to be there when they were supposed to.. check their twitter and yep says they canceled and someone else should be there. And no one else showed. Walked around town for a bit found an old retro video game store that even had some cabinets working. But it seems during the recent rain they had a leak and the one cabinet that got leaked on was the Simpsons. ie the best game there

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

almost got into a fight on the train today because some meth'd up bitch wanted to talk shit and thought I'd back down

tbh IDK if this is a fail or a win; it was pretty entertaining. best part was when I told her to back the fuck off or I'm calling 911 and her friend (also meth'd up) was like "FINE I'LL CALL 911 TOO" and I'm like "uhhhhhh you guys are threatening people and being violent, what are you calling on me for?" and she's like "FOR GETTING UP IN OUR BUSINESS"

ah yes, I had forgotten our fair city's anti-getting-in-ur-business laws

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

it was a fail

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Internet is down at work. Cant do anything other than post on BG LOL.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Last night at 11pm my youngest kitty Jager decided it was the best time to play fetch. I had found his favorite old toy this crumpled crinkle ball and he kept bringing it onto the bed at our pillows and dropping it and demanded it be thrown. This went on about 20 minutes until my husband finally threw it and he got bored..

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

bought groceries, left them on the belt

only $11 worth but fucking still, what the fuck yuri GET IN THE GAME

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

it wouldn't be "only $11" if it was 10 or 9 Shin Black cups! GET IN THE GAME INDEED!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Booking a hotel or something and hey lets check thru southwest /booking.com since can always use them points and they used to have good prices. First fail is mostly everything is the same or slightly higher on first glance and the particular place was looking at also had an extra fee they say the Inn is charging added on... go to that Inn's site and not only is it not doing so but also base price is a little cheaper so overall about $35 a night savings booking directly. Call up booking.com ask about their price match... they do it but only after you reserve and only if they determine from online information it's exactly the same. They are the same offer but are formatted decently different (like actual names for the rooms vice queen/king, paragraphs instead of bullets and info kind of spread between pages etc), so risk paying $70 more or just not get points /sigh

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Found some old case fans, put them in my main pc....and theyre loud

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The dude who worked at the food truck that used to get me free burritos quit. Now I have to pay like everyone else.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    The dude who worked at the food truck that used to get me free burritos quit. Now I have to pay like everyone else.
    This is truly a FWP worthy of posting about.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So the other day when I called the three credit bureaus to freeze my credit they all said they’d be sending me a packet in the mail with my PIN that I would need to unfreeze it. I verified my address THREE TIMES on the phone with TransUnion, and they still sent my packet to my parent’s house, where I have not lived for 15 years.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So in further frustration with amazon about a week or 2 ago I turned off all notifications and called up telling them I wanted my account deleted since there is no real option to do that in your account. They send me a link to fill out which I did and no response. Not only is my account still there with all my information but they keep sending me ads

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

sorry, but yeah, it was real, made it to the hospital, had 2 stints put in, im still here lol

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Take it easy and get well soon.