BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Boss bought us all McDonald's sausage, egg, and cheese bagel sandwiches. I ate it.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Boss bought us all McDonald's sausage, egg, and cheese bagel sandwiches. I ate it.
    They used to have the steak one that were decent years ago, but I haven’t seen their bagel sandwiches out on the west coast for years.
    Now the only acceptable breakfast sandwich is their sausage biscuit.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    They used to have the steak one that were decent years ago, but I haven’t seen their bagel sandwiches out on the west coast for years.
    Now the only acceptable breakfast sandwich is their sausage biscuit.
    I love making breakfast sandwiches at home so this wasn't going to be as enjoyable as home cooking. If you put on a blindfold and had this sandwich, a frozen sandwich similar heated up (Jimmy Dean?), or another comparable I don't think you could tell the difference. And yeah, I should've got the biscuit or muffin. I don't think I've had a bagel in over two years. I feel like I ate a loaf of bread.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I got some FUNNN to deal with this afternoon. Not.

We got a severely clogged kitchen sink. Emphasis on SEVERE.

Got some Liquid Fire, but since there's still water in the drain (which makes using that stuff inadvisable unless I want acid in the face)..I'm seriously considering locating a pair of pliers and taking the drain apart to find the stinker. Ugh..I didn't want to deal with this today of all days..

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I'm at work today because my boss doesn't want to be at his home.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Out doing some last minute shopping and decide to go to the local bubble tea place T4. Firstly this location has always been awful in service but it’s the only one close to me so I was willing to deal with it. Terribly understaffed today and wanted almost 10 minutes to order then they tell me they won’t honor my request for light ice, wait what ? The menu specifically says how you can change the ice/sweetness and they say they don’t do it here even after I point it out on THEIR MENU.

Walked out after that and won’t be back here.
    So sad. Love my T4 but that's ridiculous. How hard is it to put more/less ice/sweetener!?!

So seems one of the pairs of pants that went thru terrible wash Saturday was my work ones. Given how my big booty and how much I have to move around they are relaxed fit and had and elastic band. Well now it doesn't stretch and at the tightest. So super uncomfortable. Also computer lagging like a motherfucker

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So sad. Love my T4 but that's ridiculous. How hard is it to put more/less ice/sweetener!?!
    I’ve never had anyone refuse less ice- like how the fuck is that a special request. I could maybe get less sweet if it changed the entire flavor of the drink but I didn’t even get that far.

On lunch and the only microwave I have access to at work is fucking broken and dead. So eating cold sous vide chicken. It’s still pretty good though..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I’ve never had anyone refuse less ice- like how the fuck is that a special request.
    That's kind of thing I'd expect out of some place like McDonald's being cheap

And yay my work comp just go its 3rd BSOD today. Each time it went thru disk check and found things in need of fixing. Computer aint even that old

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

hard drive is probably dying, assuming it's a pre-built. every pre-built i've ever had, the HDD was the weakest link. it's to the point now whenever i buy like a laptop or something, I automatically swap to an SSD and do a fresh install from day one, then stick the HDD in my desktop as extra storage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

naw was built... though for gaming. But bosses wife only played wow on it for like a couple of years before upgrading.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I agree with Bane. Prob hdd. Just cause it wasn't pre-built doesn't mean they didn't get some turd hdd.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So as a follow up to what I posted in the Christmas thread (summary: Closeted Trans woman and my mom got me pierced ears + earrings for Christmas. So visiting extended family and planning to come out to them). Spoilered for length.

Spoiler: show
    First off, everyone was wondering/lightly making fun of my earrings, so my cousin and 67 yr old Uncle asked me why I got them. I mustered up the courage (and God was it hard) and told them. My uncle said nothing, but gave me a mean stare the whole rest of the day, my cousin praised me and told me that I shouldn't worry as it's nbd.

I was too rattled to tell rest of family, but as I was afraid, they spread the word to my Aunt and other cousin (who just came out as gay last year and he struggled alot with the family over it), who in turn, ambushed my Mom (which I warned her could happen).

My Aunt yelled at my Mom and asked her why did she help me and not prevent it (me being Trans that is) and my gay cousin told my mom "you need to get him to a psychologist, he is mentally ill." My mom ignored them (bless her heart) and instead told me what happened. It was the most hurt I've felt, I wish they had the guts to confront me instead of trying to turn my support.

I talked to my cousin later and didn't mention what my Mom said (he leaves in 3 days and I don't want to cause drama), but instead told him I was Trans. The conversation went like this:

Him: " So have you seen a therapist yet for being Trans?"
    Me: No
    Him: Then how do you KNOW you're Trans?
    Me: Because I know I am.
    Him: Well unless you see a therapist you can't get gender reassignment surgery
    Me: I don't intend to
    Him: Then you aren't Trans
    Me: Not every Trans woman gets GRS, there are plenty of us who don't require it.
    Him: Have you seen any support groups?
    Me: Just Reddit
    Him: Scoffs, well just know family can be counted as your biggest support group!
    Me: *mentally flips a table*

Sorry for the ramble all and Merry Christmas!

Edit: Forgot to add he did ask what gender pronouns I wanted, so it wasn't all bad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I agree with Bane. Prob hdd. Just cause it wasn't pre-built doesn't mean they didn't get some turd hdd.
    While it certainly probably is hdd going bad I also know who built this and that he knows his shot. It wasn't a turd just going bad unexpectedly soon.

Ah ha seems one of the fans isn't running. Dat not good. Well see if I can figure anything out if it's not too fried already

Edit: now that I'm thinking about it keeping the office door open all the fucking time probably hasnt been helping either. Bring it up and boss completely ignores that part and goes on about maybe putting filters on or cleaning it out more often. Or how about we dont keep an office door to the outside next to a freeway just because you decided this year you like the feel of it. Can get plenty of airflow and cooler air from the door to the warehouse. Would also solve the problem of how dirty our office looks what with all the dirt and leaves and other vegetations blowing in

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I’ve been at work only 1.5 hours and so far the following has happened :

10:25am - Get text from my Sgt. he needs my timesheet. Could have sworn it wasn’t due until end of day today so get in my car and drive down fast. Apparently it was a mass text to anyone he didn’t currently have it for, my other coworkers came in and did theirs like I planned to.
    Annoying but I only live 10 minutes away so now no time for good before shift but I have snacks.

12pm - Get dropped off at my post for first part of shift and start work.

12:10pm - Get told I need to go to a different post for a few to cover while someone changes posts.

12:15pm - Post change again and I’m waiting for my ride to rotate to original post.

12:30pm - Finally get back to original post. Start working and nearly get run over by a southwest employee too impatient to slow down. They drive off so fast I stumbled behind me and Neely twisted my ankle on an orange stationary cone.

1:10pm - Walking outside my checkpoint both I misjudged the step and trip over my own two feet.

FFS is it 6pm yet..it would be my Monday if I didn’t work overtime last two days but it sure feels like one. And I got a Christmas gift I’ll never use - a 10pk of mini patron bottles. I fucking despise tequila especially Patron and what’s worse it’s a gift from my in laws who know I hate that stuff. I’m usually it’s the thought that counts type person but we’ve been married 8 years , bleh.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    So as a follow up to what I posted in the Christmas thread (summary: Closeted Trans woman and my mom got me pierced ears + earrings for Christmas. So visiting extended family and planning to come out to them). Spoilered for length.

First off, everyone was wondering/lightly making fun of my earrings, so my cousin and 67 yr old Uncle asked me why I got them. I mustered up the courage (and God was it hard) and told them. My uncle said nothing, but gave me a mean stare the whole rest of the day, my cousin praised me and told me that I shouldn't worry as it's nbd.

I was too rattled to tell rest of family, but as I was afraid, they spread the word to my Aunt and other cousin (who just came out as gay last year and he struggled alot with the family over it), who in turn, ambushed my Mom (which I warned her could happen).

My Aunt yelled at my Mom and asked her why did she help me and not prevent it (me being Trans that is) and my gay cousin told my mom "you need to get him to a psychologist, he is mentally ill." My mom ignored them (bless her heart) and instead told me what happened. It was the most hurt I've felt, I wish they had the guts to confront me instead of trying to turn my support.

I talked to my cousin later and didn't mention what my Mom said (he leaves in 3 days and I don't want to cause drama), but instead told him I was Trans. The conversation went like this:

Him: " So have you seen a therapist yet for being Trans?"
    Me: No
    Him: Then how do you KNOW you're Trans?
    Me: Because I know I am.
    Him: Well unless you see a therapist you can't get gender reassignment surgery
    Me: I don't intend to
    Him: Then you aren't Trans
    Me: Not every Trans woman gets GRS, there are plenty of us who don't require it.
    Him: Have you seen any support groups?
    Me: Just Reddit
    Him: Scoffs, well just know family can be counted as your biggest support group!
    Me: *mentally flips a table*

Sorry for the ramble all and Merry Christmas!

Edit: Forgot to add he did ask what gender pronouns I wanted, so it wasn't all bad.
    how can your cousin be gay and so closeminded? smh. at least he's trying I guess

sorry it didn't go as well as you had hoped but proud of you for being who you are and don't let the haters stop you

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    how can your cousin be gay and so closeminded? smh. at least he's trying I guess

sorry it didn't go as well as you had hoped but proud of you for being who you are and don't let the haters stop you
    Thanks, he did talk to me today and apologized for saying that stuff and told me that he wants me to find a support group IRL in order to have one for if/when things get tough. I told him what my mom relayed to me and he explained she misunderstood and he only said for me to see a therapist, which she thought he implied I was mentally ill (which she confirmed).

He wants me to talk to my Aunt (his mom), because she is taking it poorly and bad mouthing me behind my back, but only after the holidays when we are about to leave.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

First, since I do not have kids and do not have any friends who went thru pregnancy, if I'm way off base on this take please correct me! TLDR is my coworker who's 32 and five months along has been absent/tardy/leaves work about 60% of the time since getting pregs. Is she milking or am I a dickhead for being annoyed? Long rant below!

So I've made quips about my work. This is not about work, which has slightly been better! My coworker who is 32 is I want to say five months pregnant. I've never been around someone who is pregnant and can only go off of what I've been told. The morning sickness period is known and yeah it's going to happen. During those two months she was late to work usually 3 or 4 days. On top of being late (which has always been an issue with her, excuse being she commutes 50 miles each way) she was leaving work once or twice a day to go lay down at her Dad's house which is just up the street because she was too exhausted to be at work.

After morning sickness period ended she has a "migraine" so severe she is either multiple hours late or can't come to work. This happens a few times a week. She's constantly holding both her stomach and back because she either has severe stomach pain or her "spina bifida" is "acting up". Also, her "anxiety" of driving is making coming to work difficult. This is where I'm wondering if I'm a dickhead or if she's milking pregnancy for time off work and attention.

Since I've known my wife (eight years) she's been medically treated for migraines. We got things under control about five years ago to where it's pretty rare she gets the blackout/vomiting/superpain migraines she was getting. My coworker says she has had migraines for a long time but refuses to medication saying she doesn't need it. Even before the pregnancy she would get "a migraine so bad" she'd miss one to two days in a row.

Anxiety person here! This has grinded my gears in general because it seems like everyone now says they have something and I feel like it's the chance to play a card when you want to leave work early or whatever the situation is. Like, I get it. Driving on the highway can be hectic and yeah things happen which will cause some stress. But actual anxiety from driving? Naw. If you did you couldn't do the drive ever. There are people out there with legitimate anxiety and fear of driving on the highway because they "just know" a semi will kill them. It's an insult to those that do deal with mental health issues when others use it in passive conversation about a one off situation they had.

Asked wife about spina bifida. She said no way she has it. She doesn't have regular doctor visits or even semi regular. Before pregnancy she was very active physically going kayaking, camping and hiking, zumba, etc. And a ton of driving. One day she was complaining about her spina bifida "acting up" and even my boss said to her she doesn't have it and she got very defensive.

Bottom line is, I for sure and I think my 44 year old coworker who popped twins and a single are starting to get more than a little irritated with the tardiness, constant leaving, or calling off. However, could this really be legit? Or am I a giant dickhead?

GATTACA!

BG Level

First, since I do not have kids and do not have any friends who went thru pregnancy, if I'm way off base on this take please correct me! TLDR is my coworker who's 32 and five months along has been absent/tardy/leaves work about 60% of the time since getting pregs. Is she milking or am I a dickhead for being annoyed? Long rant below!

So I've made quips about my work. This is not about work, which has slightly been better! My coworker who is 32 is I want to say five months pregnant. I've never been around someone who is pregnant and can only go off of what I've been told. The morning sickness period is known and yeah it's going to happen. During those two months she was late to work usually 3 or 4 days. On top of being late (which has always been an issue with her, excuse being she commutes 50 miles each way) she was leaving work once or twice a day to go lay down at her Dad's house which is just up the street because she was too exhausted to be at work.

After morning sickness period ended she has a "migraine" so severe she is either multiple hours late or can't come to work. This happens a few times a week. She's constantly holding both her stomach and back because she either has severe stomach pain or her "spina bifida" is "acting up". Also, her "anxiety" of driving is making coming to work difficult. This is where I'm wondering if I'm a dickhead or if she's milking pregnancy for time off work and attention.

Since I've known my wife (eight years) she's been medically treated for migraines. We got things under control about five years ago to where it's pretty rare she gets the blackout/vomiting/superpain migraines she was getting. My coworker says she has had migraines for a long time but refuses to medication saying she doesn't need it. Even before the pregnancy she would get "a migraine so bad" she'd miss one to two days in a row.

Anxiety person here! This has grinded my gears in general because it seems like everyone now says they have something and I feel like it's the chance to play a card when you want to leave work early or whatever the situation is. Like, I get it. Driving on the highway can be hectic and yeah things happen which will cause some stress. But actual anxiety from driving? Naw. If you did you couldn't do the drive ever. There are people out there with legitimate anxiety and fear of driving on the highway because they "just know" a semi will kill them. It's an insult to those that do deal with mental health issues when others use it in passive conversation about a one off situation they had.

Asked wife about spina bifida. She said no way she has it. She doesn't have regular doctor visits or even semi regular. Before pregnancy she was very active physically going kayaking, camping and hiking, zumba, etc. And a ton of driving. One day she was complaining about her spina bifida "acting up" and even my boss said to her she doesn't have it and she got very defensive.

Bottom line is, I for sure and I think my 44 year old coworker who popped twins and a single are starting to get more than a little irritated with the tardiness, constant leaving, or calling off. However, could this really be legit? Or am I a giant dickhead?
    She's full of shit

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The daughter of a friend of mine (she’s eight years old) added me on FB messenger through the “FB Messenger For Kids” app. Supposedly the kids version requires parental approval. This still makes me incredibly uneasy.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Given her work ethic and background I can definitely see why you’re questioning things. Now I’ve never had kids myself but have had too many friends to count who have been through high risk and difficult ones , so it’s possible she’s having issues that obviously should remain private.

On the other hand if she’s unable to work consistently she should be seeing a doctor frequently and maybe even bedrest. It’s a tough call but I understand your frustration.

My work fail : TLDR version - TSA conducted a “test” without informing our agency. Said TSA person almost got shot last night due to it and probably is getting fired. This could have gone horribly and was not fun for us to deal with after.