Closed Thread
Page 77 of 203 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Oh yeah. She was always religious, but never in your face about it, and very independent. But lately, especially the last few months have been worse and worse. They are actually moving back to california as he got orders to be assigned at some naval base in the central valley of california, home of Farmers, Trump supporters, Meth addicts, and juvenile detention camps for troubled kids, so I have a feeling it's going to get much much worse. For a while, I'd say 1/3 of her posts was sharing stuff from holy motherhood and blessed motherhood on facebook.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I feel bad for her. Sounds like the husband and his family beat her (figuratively, I hope) into submission. Keeping someone from taking their dream job is fucked up and actually has me pissed from across the interwebs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    It's hard to get people to stop drinking the kool-aid once they start.
    Tell that to the Heaven's Gate cult. Pretty sure they were all 1 and done on the kool-aid

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Gotta love that we were informed today of new management restructuring coming within the next month at work. Sounds like my options, if I choose to say, are to go back go regular floor staff with a pay cut, or become one of the new "team lead" positions. Which will appear to be doing 95% of the same manager work I do currently, without any of the same authority. I'd also lose access to the safe while still being responsible for the registers. Job will also now include doing regular floor staff work as well. It would also include a pay cut, because my current hourly wage is higher than the max that position can receive.

Was casually looking for a new job before Christmas. Guess my new deadline is the end of March when any pay changes will become official.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Tell that to the Heaven's Gate cult. Pretty sure they were all 1 and done on the kool-aid
    I bet they'd still try if they'd survived.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

On day 6 of my 9 day vacation and I get sick Not how I wanted to spend the last couple of days. Might have to call in sick on what is supposed to be my first day back if I’m not feeling right.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Via my phone's insurance, I have to send my phone across the country to get it fixed because there's no local locations I can take it and I'm immensely annoyed about it because sometimes I need my phone for work. Hopefully nothing goes wrong while my phone is getting fixed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Frickin' water heater in the attic started leaking night before last. No damage to anything other than a stain on the ceiling that can be painted over. Luckily I caught it quickly, but that's $2400 (40gal heater, labor, fittings, pan, pressure relief tank, etc.) down the drain.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Via my phone's insurance, I have to send my phone across the country to get it fixed because there's no local locations I can take it and I'm immensely annoyed about it because sometimes I need my phone for work. Hopefully nothing goes wrong while my phone is getting fixed.
    Maybe you can use a burner in the interim?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I seemed to have developed some severe chronic sneezing and idkwtf is causing it.

I used to sneeze maybe a couple times a day, but I'm having these random bouts now where I will sneeze no less than 10 times in a row and have a hard time getting it to stop. (Much to the amusement of my students fyi.)

It seems to be more common at work and home, so I am scratching off "developed allergies to the cats."

At first I thought it might be my dryer sheets as I just bought some kirkland-brand ones for the first time about three months ago, but I got some clothes for Xmas and wore them before washing just to see, and I still sneezed wearing them.

Trying to find the culprit has been annoying af, and I don't think I am any closer to solving the problem or having it go away.

Swapped any shampoo, soap, perfume, deodorant, or makeup lately? Or even been using certain makeup brushes for too long? Or maybe when's the last time you just let a bunch of bleach water soak in your washing machine for a while to possibly kill anything that me be growing in it? Lint trap and the immediate area it plugs into not congested on the dryer? Students not playing a prank and putting sneezing powder on your chalk?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Could be indoor stuff. With all the recent rain there will be more mold and mildew forming and you'd be surprised how much that can do. 9/10 if my allergies start acting like crazy outside of huge pollen days going around cleaning the fuck out of everything helps

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Swapped any shampoo, soap, perfume, deodorant, or makeup lately? Or even been using certain makeup brushes for too long? Or maybe when's the last time you just let a bunch of bleach water soak in your washing machine for a while to possibly kill anything that me be growing in it? Lint trap and the immediate area it plugs into not congested on the dryer? Students not playing a prank and putting sneezing powder on your chalk?
    I don't wear make up. XD

But yeah only thing I can think of that has changed were the dryer sheets. I haven't cleaned out the washer in awhile so I can try that.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Could be indoor stuff. With all the recent rain there will be more mold and mildew forming and you'd be surprised how much that can do. 9/10 if my allergies start acting like crazy outside of huge pollen days going around cleaning the fuck out of everything helps
    Also possible. My classroom hasn't had any leaks but there are some that have turned into pools due to the recent rain, so maybe that's effecting me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Even just the little extra from more moisture in the air/wet clothes can do it if you sensitive.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Went to have a short nap at ~5PM. Just woke up and it's 12 AM. Goddamn. My Saturday.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just found out my workplace added reddit to its blocked internet sites fml.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Just found out my workplace added reddit to its blocked internet sites fml.
    Oh man that really fucking blows. I would be so screwed

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

More teenage dad vacation shenanigans. He managed to burn through $2000USD (Equivalent to 100,000 Philippine Pisos) in 8 days. I am not wiring him cash because he is a fucking idiot and would spend that money even faster.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm almost scared to ask what he bought with that.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I'm almost scared to ask what he bought with that.
    Obviously hookers and blow. What else is an old dude going to do for fun on his own?