Closed Thread
Page 157 of 203 FirstFirst ... 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We get 1 day of vacation a month and starting like 2 years ago started getting a bunch of sick leave. Sick is weird though it's based on hours so I'm gaining 2-3 hours per pay period... but we cap at like 3 days for the year so there has been a period where I capped in like 6 months.

So had a fail Saturday... literally rained on my parade! Still fun event

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The joys of being a manager in a government agency with a union.

I get 4 Floating Holidays a year, 7 Manager days to make up for the fact I'm salaried and there's a chance of having to work late. I earn 4 hours of sick leave a pay period (13 days a year, 1500 hours is the cap) and starting in May, I'll be 11 years with the county, so I'll earn 4 weeks of vacation a year (6.15 hours a pay period).

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I get unlimited PTO at the job I just started

We'll see how much I'm actually able to use though. At least around Xmas and New year's everyone's taking off so I can too

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I hate home ownership even when I'm not the owner but am legally responsible for it and the estate. $2500 for electrical panel repair. Doubly crappy since there's rust in the panel and I don't want the house to burn down.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I just wanna say implementing floating point ops w/ hardware is the stuff nightmares are made of. The architects who came up w/ this stuff are fucking geniuses tho.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

People in waiting rooms playing games on their phones and refusing to put it on silent are a special type of asshole.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Waiting rooms without wifi are worse. Which is me rn.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I almost died at work last night.

I was using the bathroom at the station during lunch and saw something on the ceiling out of the corner of my eye while washing my hands. I look up and there's a black spider about the size of a silver dollar.

I jump back and almost trip over my own feet as I scramble for the doorknob. Then as I look up notice there's a clear thumbtack pressed into the spider..a rubber spider.
    I'm fairly certain my Sgt. put it up there as a prank as one of my coworkers hates spiders more than I do, lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Maybe you should consider being less scared of spiders. They are generally frands!

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Maybe you should consider being less scared of spiders. They are generally frands!
    Haha so if they are close quarters I get scared otherwise I don't mind them.

Like at one of my posts I was at tonight for 8 hours had this huge one spinning an amazing web tonight I was fascinated by it. But I also had thick glass separating me so I felt safe

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Had the office holiday party yesterday (on a Thursday) and now I'm incredibly hungover contemplating all of my life choices.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got rear-ended in a company truck yesterday 30 minutes before our Christmas party. Joy.

Luckily it was a company truck and not my own car, it was just a dented bumper, and the other guy was at fault. Still was annoying AF.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Guy I'm working with today called out of his shifts next week but is in tonight, I thought that was weird and I'm on call so I gotta work for him those shifts. I go hey you called out next week everything all right?

"No. Everything is not all right. My wife has Cancer."

HomersimpsonBush.gif

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Damn but you had no way of knowing and honestly that did seem weird and I would have asked the same. Fuck cancer for real.

My fail is I placed an order online with Boxlunch about two weeks ago. So one item was supposed to ship separately which is a Mandolorian tshirt, which shipped after the first box yet I got it first..okay whatever.
    I specifically ordered a women's size and they sent the unisex/men's style so it's easily two sizes too big on me. Well guess my husband can have it then..

Still no sign of the rest of the order which had several gifts and their customer service is abysmal. They also use Ontrac which is the worst carrier in existence. If I can't get this resolved in a few days I'm disputing the fucking transaction.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Amazon order says it will arrive today by 9:00 PM. Shipping carrier is UPS. Items do not state "out for delivery". UPS.com cannot find tracking information for the tracking number Amazon has provided. Doubting items come today. I would be sad if not for the new bed coming today.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Damn but you had no way of knowing and honestly that did seem weird and I would have asked the same. Fuck cancer for real.

My fail is I placed an order online with Boxlunch about two weeks ago. So one item was supposed to ship separately which is a Mandolorian tshirt, which shipped after the first box yet I got it first..okay whatever.
    I specifically ordered a women's size and they sent the unisex/men's style so it's easily two sizes too big on me. Well guess my husband can have it then..

Still no sign of the rest of the order which had several gifts and their customer service is abysmal. They also use Ontrac which is the worst carrier in existence. If I can't get this resolved in a few days I'm disputing the fucking transaction.

Ontrac is so bad I don't even know how they still exist as a business. Amazon occasionally uses them and there is almost always an issue. Their drivers leave shit at the wrong address or my packages flat out go missing.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Amazon order says it will arrive today by 9:00 PM. Shipping carrier is UPS. Items do not state "out for delivery". UPS.com cannot find tracking information for the tracking number Amazon has provided. Doubting items come today. I would be sad if not for the new bed coming today.
    This happened to me when I ordered a bed online. The bed frame was delivered but the mattress was not. After several back and forths with the manufacturer and FedEx is was determined that the shipping label was lost in transit and the mattress entered into a state of perpetual purgatory in some warehouse. Eventually I was sent a new matress free of charge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally got ahold of someone at the police department. Got a pretty carefully worded vague answer along the lines of they don't disagree with what the officers did and there are some differences between your memory of what happened and the video but not what and when I pressed on the important parts just a do you need any other help.

It's like talking to SE customer service lol. And they wonder why people trust them to police their own when they can't even give a meaningless simple we will look into it/talk to them like the hospital likely did (idk they might have actually done something sounds like they were but it's not like they will say what).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Ontrac is so bad I don't even know how they still exist as a business. Amazon occasionally uses them and there is almost always an issue. Their drivers leave shit at the wrong address or my packages flat out go missing.
    I tried calling them for Astylla and the recording said they have a higher than expected call volume and all.lines are busy, call back later and then hangs up. Ontrac and DHL both are seriously the worst.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sonos changes their app and you can’t stream music straight off your phone / iPad anymore.