Closed Thread
Page 190 of 203 FirstFirst ... 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Eh I mailed something via the drive up box a few months ago at the same post office before work during the opening months of the pandemic.

I would have just let the mail carrier pick it up from my home mailbox but crazy homeless person is getting more erratic throwing stuff at my house (broke a window this weekend) and yelling at neighbors about deep state conspiracy theories. We called the cops twice yesterday.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So BG I could use some help curbing an addiction. I've decided to quit smoking weed as of 10/1. Why? My girlfriend and I will be looking to buy a house in a few months and I could use as much money as I can get.

Currently I'm spending ~$400/month on weed. I buy a half at a time for $100 and it lasts about a week. I've tried and tried making it last longer, but I have absolutely no self-control.

I'm a simple man. My absolute favorite thing to do in this world is smoke a joint/rip the bong and stand in the shower with the hot water running down my back.

Honestly if it wasn't for the money I probably wouldn't quit.

I've had a terrible stomach since I was a small kid (diagnosed with IBS because they could never find the problem). Weed helps my stomach out a lot and helps me eat.

I've also been depressed because I lost my mother 2 years ago from cancer and my best friend killed himself last year. Honestly if I didn't have such an amazing girlfriend and the weed I'd have killed myself 100x over by now.

But unfortunately I'm not rich and when it comes to buying a home every penny counts. I have to prioritize and more than anything I want to buy a house with my girlfriend and move on my life.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I quit smoking weed. I'll be fine on the weekends because I'll be with my girlfriend, but during the week is when I'll be bored and stressed from my job.
    Pretty much all I do in my spare time is smoke weed and go to the gym or smoke weed and play ffxi. Problem is I only enjoy the gym when I'm cracked out on pre-workout and weed and I only enjoy FFXI when I'm high. When I'm not high I just get extremely bored.

I've quit in the past. I know when I quit the first thing that's going to happen will be my stomach will go to shit, then I'll get moody for 3-4 days, and after that I'll just be bored every day.

I've read all the articles and stuff online and know all the stupid little tricks, but maybe, just maybe if someone else knows what I'm going through then I think it may help me.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i can't speak directly on the smoking issue, as i don't smoke. I have some modest insight on depression/mental health, but without specifics I don't know what to say. I'm sure you've heard all the common platitudes.

but stomach issues i know very well. what kinds of diets have you tried? whatever is going on, diet always plays a pretty big role in how your guts behave. There are some ways you can manipulate the results, even through the filter of a disease like Crohn's. For example, caffeine, sugar, and things that digest into sugars, all have laxative-like effects, though the actual way they work varies. Even with a full-blown flare skewing all results to bad, there are different shades of bad. Things that normally cause diarrhea cause bleeding in a flare, etc. So it is always worth ingesting with forethought.

And it's important to keep in mind that your guts are an ecosystem. Diarrhea is like a hurricane or a tornado, scouring that ecosystem and preventing it from functioning normally. So you can get stuck in a vicious cycle where your biome isn't functioning so you have diarrhea which prevents your biome from recolonizing your guts. Personal recommendation: unflavored greek yogurt. I typically have it with some fresh fruit (don't forget to rinse the pesticides and other chemicals off), granola, and a touch of honey. When I'm having a flare, the influx of "good" bacteria helps kick my guts out of the downward spiral. Doesn't always work, but I feel noticeably better even when it doesn't.

Likewise, anti-diarrheals can help break the spiral by slowing down the muscles in your gut enough for you to actually process things and re-absorb the liquids and all that jazz. Personally, I take them full-time, but I'm down to a very small daily dose, these days. They're the lynchpin that allows my treatment plan the time to work. You can get them OTC. Follow the directions- they exist for good reason. Most are opiates. Same family as pain pills, so treat them with the respect that warrants.

So what I would suggest is keeping a digestive diary. Record what you eat, approximately when you ate it, and then record when you poop and what kind of poop it was. This is the chart my research team at Mayo Clinic uses. The type of poop you have can tell you what changes to make in your diet- higher numbers would indicate you may want to focus your efforts on slowing things down by cutting back on sugars, or taking an anti-diarrheal, etc.

After you've journaled for a few weeks, patterns might emerge. You may identify a few trigger foods, or problem ingredients, etc. The idea is to arm yourself with as much knowledge about how your body works as possible so you can achieve closer to the desired.... output.

Also, you'll want to cross-check this with potheads, but I seem to recall reading that weed sometimes causes constipation, which would give you a pretty strong hint about how it may be helping your symptoms.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You just reminded me to get a shitload of yogurts for tomorrow. Yogurt has definitely helped my stomach. Also didn’t know that about sugars, but I have a terrible sweet tooth and I know I need to cut down. I have more problems with discomfort/lack of appetite than I do going to the bathroom, but I’m definitely going to start that journal tomorrow. Straight milk is horrible for me and even lactaid destroys my stomach. Guess October’s going to be a big health month for me... Appreciate the input.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

You're welcome. Feel free to PM me if you want. I meant to elaborate a bit on the sugar thing- there's a fair amount of things like that I strongly suggest you research. Dieticians and bodybuilding/gym-bro communities are good places to look, as they typically delve into the science of what digests into what, and how that affects your body at varying times of the day, that sort of thing. Even a casual acquaintance with the science involved will be immensely helpful in interpreting your journal and making decisions.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Recommend Kephir too for good bacteria.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Some dude I've seen on YouTube attained remission with kephir and fermented veggies. I've had ulcerative colitis for five years and it can be a bitch. Getting infusions and pills to force myself in to remission. I'm getting close it seems. I REALLY need to put together a proper diet plan but I always put it off.

On top of that, I've always had back pains that the infusion meds numbed. They came back with a vengeance in Aug. Got to where I felt I needed a cane to walk. Fast forward to this weekend where a doc visit and x-rays showed arthritis in my back. Up to ten pills/day for the next week. :/

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Not gonna lie when I first googled it it sounded/looked like a gross rice pudding, but I keep reading about all the benefits so I’ll have to get some.

Day 4 of quitting smoking and have had a very smooth time. Been eating and working out. Barely any mood swings (2nd day was the worst) and have had almost no cravings. So far so good.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Wife dealt with ulcerative pains for a while..literally anything would make her ulcers flare and significantly affect her everyday activites...not to mention the “will this ever go away” idea settling in.

Followed a very strict diet of kephirs, avocados and other good stuff combined with medication for 2-3 months. The diet was very effective and she never had any problems eversince.

But by very strict I mean it, no alcohol, no coffee, no fried stuff, no spicy food and no cheat days or whatsoever.

Kephir is quite tasty after you get used to it. You can also flavor it just like yogurt.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Random addition: I don't really like drinking it myself, so can't comment myself, but around here it's one of the most popular hangover medicines

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Everytime i walk in on my father in law watching a movie, theyre on a sex scene. I cant anymore...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Had an exhausting day at work so decide to order food ahead to pickup for dinner. Get to place and they tell me they haven't even started it and will be at least 20 more minutes.

I just worked 12 hours , last 2 of which were nonstop bullshit so no I'm not waiting around for your fuckups, got my refund but now even more annoyed with the day. I was even more frustrated it was clear they were overwhelmed and understaffed but failed to shut down online orders or even contact me to give me a choice. Yet they were serving the outdoor diners with no wait..

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

sldfkjsdlfkjsdf

My boss is frustrating. She really does do a lot for our school, and we definitely are in a great place because of her; however, she has zero people skills. ABSOLUTE zero. She makes teachers cry like all the time. Up until recently, we had a new assistance principal every singly year because they eventually can't take it anymore.

The last two years we had our previous athletic director become AP. And he's really good. Like he is one I could see being our actual Principal someday and do an excellent job at it. But man. I've gotten so many messages and calls from him this year, and I think he's at that breaking point with her.

It's not my place, but I wish I could just tell her to knock it off. It just sucks balls. It also feels rough because I feel like a child in a parental divorce. I am glad that I have a good work relationship with my management team, but at the same time, I don't want to hear half the stuff I hear from these two.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

While at the beach today went back to the car specifically to get my sunglasses to wear so I'm not blind in the ocean waves.

Didn't think to put them in my cooler pocket instead out them on top of my hat while I walked down to the beach and setup. Then went to see how cold the water was and a semi large wave came up and down they fell. A few minutes later I realized they were missing. RIP sunglasses to the pacific ocean you served me well for 4 years. I guess it's a good thing I need new prescription ones now..

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Called in a to go order from a local Chinese restaurant a couple days ago and the girl taking the order didn't know what Dim Sum was. >.>

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Called in a to go order from a local Chinese restaurant a couple days ago and the girl taking the order didn't know what Dim Sum was. >.>

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
    Wait..what ? How...
    How white did they sound ? Seriously not trying to be that person but what in the everliving fuck.

My fail is that I'm reminded how useless HR is regardless of what company or sector you work for. Just over a month ago my car was broken into due to what I now suspect was failure to lock remotely so my fault.
    Anyway my sheriff's office work shirt was taken that had a secure key card for the jail , a metal badge , metal nameplate too.

Had to compose a memo to send via internal mail to the HR director explaining what happened and including the police report I filed. 2 weeks later I get the mail back...and it's a fucking replacement ID CARD not the metal badge I need. 2 more weeks pass and I just today got my new badge. Then an hour ago got an email they "lost" the original memo and need a new one. Motherfuckers..

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Wait..what ? How...
    How white did they sound ? Seriously not trying to be that person but what in the everliving fuck.
    Very. ^^; It sounded like she was a college age girl they had hired just to take orders.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Went to take another route home because traffic was absolutely ridiculous.

Saw a camera flash as I went 38mph to go around a guy going slow as shit. Speed limit is 25.

Probably getting a ticket in the mail. Fuck New York I hate this piece of shit state and I hate my girlfriend for keeping me here.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You wasn't driving with Waze, fam?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post