Closed Thread
Page 114 of 203 FirstFirst ... 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

In the course of 10 minutes I found out one of our HR People that I talk to on a regular basis is going to be out for up to 6 months due to stage 3 breast cancer, and my former Commander is going through severe medical issues that's causing a ton of bills that aren't covered under insurance. Fuck cancer and fuck our health care system.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

At Gradnite and it’s pouring rain, which sucks, but should end in about two hours (we stay at DCA until 2 am). I keep getting texts from kids asking what should they do. I’m all, “Stay dry?”

THE SKY GOD HAS TAKEN THE GROUND WETNESS AND IS DROPPING IT ON OUR HEADS. WAT DO?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So apparently now the boss tells us we are going to be doing all our paper shredding in the back. Ie great customers in the front office, load everything up and then walk around the building back to do it then walk back. I ask if this is because our new live in neighbor complaining again and he just kind of goes look I don't want the trucks blown up. da fuq? So I ask if he needs me to call the police for him since clearly too soft to do anything himself and he just says he's talked to the landlords. oh ok

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I lost my keys on the matterhorn (according to the tile that is). ;_;

Didn't realize until I was about to drive home from school at 4 am.

Scheduled a Lyft, and the drive came all the way to the school's intersection, cancelled, made a U-turn and sped off like a bat out of hell. (I'm assuming since it was a school, since they can't take minors, but he didn't even drive up and see me to know I don't even remotely look like a teenager!)

Thankfully, a coworker drove me home even though it was out of his way and he was exhausted, too.

For the dudes, what would you want as a gift for doing something like that? I was thinking a Starbucks Gift card, but maybe something else? He's pescatarian so I want to avoid food-related stuff.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Gift card would be fine.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Second a gift card. Amazon would probably be the safe bet. Plus you gift it via email so even easier.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Second a gift card. Amazon would probably be the safe bet. Plus you gift it via email so even easier.
    Oooh I like that idea so he can't refuse. Thanks!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Make sure you follow up with Disney to see if they found your keys.

Yeah if you ever need an uber/lyft from school, after they accept it, just text them saying I'm a teacher, no minors on the trip and that should avoid that issue.

I third the amazon gift card as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah I called them but they didn't see it. She said that keys usually get to the lost and found within 72 hours if they are going to get turned in at all (70% of the time according to the cast member). So I'm going to call again on Sat. She did warn me though that the Matterhorn has some areas that are not very accessible to the cast members, hinting that they may be lost forever until like 10 years from now when a maint guy randomly finds them in a corner or something.

In the meantime trying to figure out how to get a replacement fob without paying $100+ bucks (I have one spare key, don't want to rely on just having one, though).

Anyone ever do the reprogramming part yourself? It seems almost stupidly easy to order a spare key and do it yourself, but locksmiths seem to want to charge $100, which makes me wonder if I am missing something or if it is just that much of a scam that people are willing to pay for it.

fwiw: I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue. It sounds like all you need to do is this:

1. buy a key

2. do this:

https://www.hudsonnissancharleston.com/how-to-reprogram

3. go to a hardware store to have the key part drilled.

Am I wrong?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Be thankful it is only $100 newer vehicles that are keyless have fobs that are in the $400 range or higher even.

It really sucks to lose your keys though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Be thankful it is only $100 newer vehicles that are keyless have fobs that are in the $400 range or higher even.

It really sucks to lose your keys though.
    Tbh I am too far into “get of my lawn” age that if it ends up being $100, I’ll just get a manual key. I mean I used a regular key for the vast majority of my driving life that a wireless fob is just a luxury to me, not a necessity.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

First off what kind of car is this - year and make ? Secondly never trust a hardware store or any other location to program your keys. Most newer models ( last 15 years or newer) have a chip in the manual keys as well that prevents the car from starting if not programmed to the vehicle. This comes from working in a dealership environment for 6 years. Save yourself the money and headache and get it done right.

Having a spare is fine but if you lose that then the vehicle will need to be towed to be reprogrammed, it's a nightmare I've had to explain one too many times.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Tbh I am too far into “get of my lawn” age that if it ends up being $100, I’ll just get a manual key. I mean I used a regular key for the vast majority of my driving life that a wireless fob is just a luxury to me, not a necessity.
    I thought that too until we got my wifes new car. One of my favorite features is I never have to take the key out of my pocket. The car knows I have the key as I walk up and as soon as I touch the door handle it unlocks then I get in and start the car without ever taking the key out. It is GREAT!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    First off what kind of car is this - year and make ? Secondly never trust a hardware store or any other location to program your keys. Most newer models ( last 15 years or newer) have a chip in the manual keys as well that prevents the car from starting if not programmed to the vehicle. This comes from working in a dealership environment for 6 years. Save yourself the money and headache and get it done right.

Having a spare is fine but if you lose that then the vehicle will need to be towed to be reprogrammed, it's a nightmare I've had to explain one too many times.

Nissan 2014. More research says yes they have the chip, but def not to go to the dealer, but to a car locksmith. I'm going to keep looking to find a basic key with the chip and see how much a locksmith would charge for one of those. I wouldn't need to take the car in to reporgram if I have one of them at least.

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I thought that too until we got my wifes new car. One of my favorite features is I never have to take the key out of my pocket. The car knows I have the key as I walk up and as soon as I touch the door handle it unlocks then I get in and start the car without ever taking the key out. It is GREAT!
    That's you though. I legit do not care.

For my car, I have to take my key out half the time anyway as the car doesn't register it in my purse and wants the key super close to the handle. Once inside, I have to have the key out pretty close to the wheel (I put it in the little holder space underneath the radio, to register it). I've never been able to just keep it in my purse. So it really isn't much of a difference in my case.

I'd like to add, it's pretty fucking shitty that some of their models require a special expensive tool only dealers and locksmiths get and some don't.

CA has been working on passing laws against those types of practices (proprietary parts that require people to not be able to either fix things themselves or not allow anyone but the manufacturer fix it). I do hope they pass, because there should be no reason they couldn't have had these keys do what the other keys do by doing a sequence.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That seems either to be a battery issue, or your cell phone is also in your purse, interfering with it. It's overall healthier for the ignition to go keyless since idiots like to pile 10 pounds of key on their key ring and have it all hanging from the car key as it's in the ignition, pulling down on it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    That seems either to be a battery issue, or your cell phone is also in your purse, interfering with it. It's overall healthier for the ignition to go keyless since idiots like to pile 10 pounds of key on their key ring and have it all hanging from the car key as it's in the ignition, pulling down on it.
    I just replaced the battery about three months ago, and it's been that way since we bought the vehicle, and was that way after the battery replacement. Same goes in my pants pocket which I don't put my keys and phone in the same pocket (girl jeans don't get that kind of pocket space).

And I'm not one of those people you described, so it's irrelevant to me. Only thing I had on it was a tile (good that did), my front door key, garage door key, mail key, and my in-law's parents key. Hardly 10 pounds of keys.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Still extra strain on the ignition. I just got in the habit of keeping my car key on a secondary clip as you really don't want any extra weight hanging or swinging from your ignition.

As for the short range/reception, if that was even with a fresh battery and no interference, there is either a physical problem with the key or the starter.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Still extra strain on the ignition. I just got in the habit of keeping my car key on a secondary clip as you really don't want any extra weight hanging or swinging from your ignition.

As for the short range/reception, if that was even with a fresh battery and no interference, there is either a physical problem with the key or the starter.
    At the end of the day it doesn't really matter to me tbh. I'm not going to spend any money on making my key work better from my purse. That seems so silly to me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Crisis averted, guys! Disney just called and they found my keys! They are mailing them to me. <3 Disney.

Lessen learned though to really make sure they stay secured in my bag on rides.

I usually keep them in the bag, but I had to keep taking things out of it (medication for kids, field trip slips for cell numbers, GradNite rules, etc.), that I think I put it in my pocket to get them out of the way, and forgot to put it back in.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Crisis averted, guys! Disney just called and they found my keys! They are mailing them to me. <3 Disney.

Lessen learned though to really make sure they stay secured in my bag on rides.

I usually keep them in the bag, but I had to keep taking things out of it (medication for kids, field trip slips for cell numbers, GradNite rules, etc.), that I think I put it in my pocket to get them out of the way, and forgot to put it back in.
    That's awesome I'm glad to hear it !

Ate you going to any oki that grad nites ? I'll be there on June 4th.