Closed Thread
Page 163 of 203 FirstFirst ... 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

One of my monitors at my cubicle workstation got locked to a max resolution of 1024x768. Shit is so disorienting. And I couldn't solve it in 15 min before I had to go into the lab. So IT ticket it goes. Ugh that resolution makes my eyes bleed and lose so much workspace/vidya watching real estate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't run to Crew's Mess to get ready to don EABs n shit.
    Fuck that sucking rubber sucks balls.

Todays fail.... get my new health insurance bill and see that as expected the amount of assistance I get has gone down since I put in I make more now. But also the premium has magical gone up by the exact same amount my assistance went down effectively doubling the increase in what I got to pay. Of course by the time I see this they on billing skeleton crew so I can't get it dealt with. In the meantime while on hold I check out my plan some more since thinking heck maybe I'll start using it since they forcing me to have it and pay for a decent chunk of it now. And I remember why I haven't. Thing doesn't cover shit before deductible but still costs a bunch. How is this better than just letting people have catastrophic coverage again? But hey if I'm illegal I can get an exemption....

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anybody know how to diagnose and/or repair a washing machine that occasionally doesn’t drain out all the way? It’s super annoying when I go to check my clothes and they are still drenched. I usually have to turn off the water and run more spin cycles to get them from soaked to damp before I throw them in the dryer.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Anybody know how to diagnose and/or repair a washing machine that occasionally doesn’t drain out all the way? It’s super annoying when I go to check my clothes and they are still drenched. I usually have to turn off the water and run more spin cycles to get them from soaked to damp before I throw them in the dryer.
    Most likely culprit is a coin (or some other debris) in the pump.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Built a brand new computer, searched high and dry for the best parts for the best deals.. put it together and she is running like a dream.. running games at max FPS... M.2 drive boots up in seconds... Has really awesome RGB's.... the works.

Spent an hour organizing the most amazing wire management known to man, zip ties and Velcro where necessary, closed her up for good and decided to make sure I update every drivers before I officially just focus on gaming and enjoying the rig. Updated the GPU again... great... updated Windows and all other hardware.... great. Decided to update the BIOS, installed on a thumb drive the latest and greatest and went into the BIOS to install.

Installing 10...20...30%....man this is going great.... 40%... and then my dog thought it was a great idea to SOMEHOW turn off my UPC completely with his paw somehow getting a random ball that got stuck right next to my UPC while he was in my office with me and I wasn't paying attention to his ridiculousness.

...turning off during installation bricks my MOBO while it was installing, everything is dead and now I have to wait on a RMA to come in which takes at least a week

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Fuck Omni that sucks and I know your pain.

Was jailbreaking an xbox360 for a friend back in the day and he decided to pose all of the components and take a photo of the guts all laid out. He finished then we started to flash the bios to jailbreak the box. He took so long posing his shit that the box turned off mid flash due to timing out and going into standby and the damn thing bricked itself.

Good thing we knew the guy at gamestop and he replaced it no questions asked.

It's a horrible feeling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So not sure what the issue is but internet seems to be going really slow on some things but not others. Like games seem so slow can't log in looking at forums is fine but posting lags way the fuck out. So I do a speed test. Still getting like 120 or so down... hmmm lets check upload speed. Yeah .1 up. That's really weird guess that might be the problem?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Finally our house was getting done with being sick after ~5 weeks of misery and now my 3 year old has been vomiting all day. This fucking SUCKS. I will take a cold or a fever any day over this.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Woke up this morning feeling off, but had errands to run. Get home and by three I'm sick as hell and got a sore throat.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Stopped at a traffic light this morning and a guy hits my passenger side bumper as he's changing lanes because he either didn't notice we were stopped, or is an idiot, or both.

Guy behind him let me into the lane and I flashed my lights to signal him. Waved my hand to pull over. I can see him just staring at me in his rearview. I wave at him again to pull over, he waves me off and keeps going. We get up to an exit and I turn my signal on, he goes past the exit. I flash him again and am now screaming in my car to tell him to pull over and he waves me off again.

End up calling the cops before I pull over cause this guy clearly doesn't want anything to do with this. Lucky for him there was really no damage when I finally did pull over, some minor scrapes and some rubbing from where he hit me, so I didn't bother filing a report. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should have just to fuck him over.

If you hit someone pull the fuck over. Doesn't matter if you think the damage is minor. If it is, great for both parties, if it's not then take fucking responsibility. If you just blow them off, and they file a report, you can be charged with leaving the accident and your insurance will go through the roof.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure if it's state to state, but from what I was told in Michigan if you are hit and the offender drives off and you follow, you too are considered to have left the scene of an accident. Idiotic. It's another reason why I don't mind paying a little extra a month for broad collision tho because if they drive off I don't have to worry about trying to go after their insurance to get refunded for my deductible.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I don't know if that's true or not in NY. When I was on the phone with the cops they just told me that I can pull off and give them the plate in the report and they'd take care of it. Didn't seem to imply that I had fault in it at that point, but who knows if it got passed down the line.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I'm not sure if it's state to state, but from what I was told in Michigan if you are hit and the offender drives off and you follow, you too are considered to have left the scene of an accident. Idiotic. It's another reason why I don't mind paying a little extra a month for broad collision tho because if they drive off I don't have to worry about trying to go after their insurance to get refunded for my deductible.
    What makes it extra dumb is because unless you managed to already get the license before they drive off the cops in a lot of states are unlikely to even look for the guy

So in tales of dumb customers. One made an appointment with us for today at a certain time. All planned ahead on top of that was given a reminder yesterday, this morning on 2 different numbers they gave us and the driver called shortly before getting there. They finally answer after we are a good 30 minutes away. Seems customer thought appointment was for tomorrow. They apparently don't understand that their fuck ups have consequences and can't understand why we can't just turn around make a round trip there way just for them when we have to drive around an entire county today and come back

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

More tales from a construction site:

This dude(He's a taper), is trying to tell me he has the cure for Coronavirus, we're all just too stupid to do it.

"You know the Papaya? You need to eat the seeds. Just the seeds. And you're cured."

Just because you ate some seeds one time when you were sick, then you got better, doesn't mean that the seeds did squat.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I was told that lemons are the cure for cancer.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Having a minor anxiety attack at work right now. Really think I might quit today but I don’t have any other jobs lined up. I’m miserable at the moment.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Last year one of the restaurants I like when going wine tasting was about to switch out their French onion soup due to season. But I managed to catch them and they saved some. So normally they caramelize/stew them all day but my batch got another day and it looked and tasted amazing

So wine tasting last weekend had been looking forward to it since hadn't had it in awhile and this is what I get

As you can tell cup is only like half full. Cheese isn't melted over it right and not browned at all and seems like went light on that too. Too much bread so hardly any broth/onions. Onions still pretty firm. At first thought maybe just we got a worse chef or something... but like just lazy not filling it and the main course was great. Still the weekend was ruined!

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Started sneezing and feeling off at work last night. By 2am constantly sniffling, runny nose and feel kind of weak so skip the gym and come home. Wake up two hours later full on sore throat on fire, coughing heavily and can't breathe through my nose. I swear I avoided this for months and just now it decides to take hold , ugh.

I work at an airport so was sneezing and coughing some last night and I swear I watched passengers run away from me because of the damn virus in the news lol.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Started sneezing and feeling off at work last night. By 2am constantly sniffling, runny nose and feel kind of weak so skip the gym and come home. Wake up two hours later full on sore throat on fire, coughing heavily and can't breathe through my nose. I swear I avoided this for months and just now it decides to take hold , ugh.

I work at an airport so was sneezing and coughing some last night and I swear I watched passengers run away from me because of the damn virus in the news lol.

Weaponize that. Don't want to deal with someone, sneeze in their direction

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post

She's got the plague!