Closed Thread
Page 107 of 203 FirstFirst ... 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Good friend of mine who was also my sergeant for a period when I was with the sheriff's office died. Letter from the sheriff to all employees in Astyllas email today. The fact they didn't state a cause usually sadly means suicide. So yeah not a good day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sorry for your loss fam

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Really learning first hand how expensive lawyers are. To be fair, I have no idea how I would navigate all the paperwork and filings for this case. Now here's to hoping this doesn't get more expensive than the original fee agreement I'm going to sign later this week.
    I just paid 1k to a lawyer for a misdemeanor. This justice system is beyond fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I just paid 1k to a lawyer for a misdemeanor. This justice system is beyond fucked.

I don't know your details, but as someone with a wife that is a lawyer, this is her default when people bitch about the cost.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DWB?

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

When I got a DUI in 2009 my $5K lawyer actually made it worse. However, I did stop breaking the law.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    DWB?
    Standing outside my apartment with a joint

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

tried to get my phone fixed, tho, got my hand wrecked

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I can't tell if I'm having SSRI withdrawal, alcohol withdrawal, or both. Haven't taken any anxiety prescription meds in over a month. Still drinking nightly but over this last week cut my drinking in more than half. Sitting at my desk right now with a headache in the center of my head, feel light headed, sort of tingly all over, and a few times felt like I wanted to throw up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I can't tell if I'm having SSRI withdrawal, alcohol withdrawal, or both. Haven't taken any anxiety prescription meds in over a month. Still drinking nightly but over this last week cut my drinking in more than half. Sitting at my desk right now with a headache in the center of my head, feel light headed, sort of tingly all over, and a few times felt like I wanted to throw up.
    Both? Your body is adjusting to it's new "normal" and its pissed. I'd go see a doctor if symptoms persist. Take an advil and dim the lights homey.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Both? Your body is adjusting to it's new "normal" and its pissed. I'd go see a doctor if symptoms persist. Take an advil and dim the lights homey.

I think all we have is some expired ibuprofen here. Unfortunately cannot dim the light. I'd totally go to bed right now if given the option. Oh, forgot to mention though I have Gabapentin which I'm taking to help reduce alcohol withdrawal symptoms. One in the morning, and taking my afternoon one right now.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Withdrawl just sucks period. Makes you the most irritable person, unless its opiate withdrawl in which case it makes you an almost dead person lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Withdrawl just sucks period. Makes you the most irritable person, unless its opiate withdrawl in which case it makes you an almost dead person lol.

My wife could tell you about both since the floor she works on has admits for both symptoms. Two weeks ago a guy detoxing from alcohol was acting as if his bed was his Honda and he kept revving the motor. Last week a guy kept thinking his tourniquet was an orange peel because it was orange in color.

Because of my wife I somewhat know what to expect with the booze withdrawal. I still haven't heard back from the IT Help Desk job. If I do get it I'm going to try to take 10 days off before I start to basically cleanse.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Alcohol withdrawal is a hell of a process. My ex had to be strapped to the bed until the hallucinations stopped.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Alcohol withdrawal is a hell of a process. My ex had to be strapped to the bed until the hallucinations stopped.
    Wife has seen a ton of that too. Of course I can't say for certain I'm not there but I don't feel like my volume of drinking was ever there. Over the last week I've been down to a couple average abv pilsner beers and a couple black russians a day. Last night I didn't even finish the second drink. It's just weird to not drink right when I get home from work and it's weirder to see 10:00 PM and be like, hey, you aren't hammered.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Have you tried wheat beers? I used to be able to down a handful of beer a day, but never to the point of addiction. But when I started getting into wheat beers they were just too dense to drink that much; I was legitimately full after 2 beers max and just stopped drinking lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Have you tried wheat beers? I used to be able to down a handful of beer a day, but never to the point of addiction. But when I started getting into wheat beers they were just too dense to drink that much; I was legitimately full after 2 beers max and just stopped drinking lol.

I have and they are very filling to me as well. I'd drink a wheat pretty regularly until I had a fit of gout a year and a half ago. Doc said originally no more beer period. He said the wheat and my body do not get along.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not sure if this is win or fail but I'm gunna chalk it up to fail. So ex who cheated on me has been with same gf since then for last several years despite not really getting along came over for some Netflix and chill yesterday lol

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

welp, looks like I've been ghosted

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thank god my life is awesome and the therapy has been productive and I know I can do better. still hurts like a bitch, but not much I can do about that and it will pass

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'm not sure if this is win or fail but I'm gunna chalk it up to fail. So ex who cheated on me has been with same gf since then for last several years despite not really getting along came over for some Netflix and chill yesterday lol
    Yes, you posted in the correct place.