Closed Thread
Page 59 of 203 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Blinds broke about a month ago. Put in maintenance request... no one tries to contact me so a week later I call and ask about it. They say whoops they will tell their maintenance team and they will get back to me soon. Another week passes and nothing. Call again and they like oh yeah um his email was down when you put it in and so he was behind and forgot definitely going to get to you. Another week + and nothing so I call but no one is answer because they go to lunch 12-1 and while they are open till 5 they generally stop answering the phones somewhere between 1-2. Another 5 days and they haven't returned that message and still not answering

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got a ticket this morning and in a bid to be a responsible adult and pay the ticket ASAP, the government makes today a holiday making me irrationally irate that I have to wait one day to pay this.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got a notification from Credit Karma that there was a hard inquiry on my Equifax report this morning from a company called Seventh Avenue that I’ve never even heard of. Apparently it is a furniture catalogue chain based in Wisconsin. So obviously I didn’t authorize this. I filed a dispute with Equifax immediately but now I’m over here stressing that someone is trying to steal my identity and shit. Sigh.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Welp when I got home from work I called up this Seventh Avenue place to report it as fraud. Looks like someone tried placing an order for a television online using my info. They cancelled the order and said it would take up to 30 days for the hard inquiry to fall off my credit report, which is in line with what Equifax advised. The lady told me the person had my name, address, and social, so after I got done with her I immediately called up the three bureaus to put a freeze on my credit. Just went through and changed all my passwords that would be tied to banking and shit. Sigh. Super annoying.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They say life happens in threes right? Was driving to work and my car hit the smoothest skid right off the road and about 5 feet from a concrete ditch. Luckily no significant damage to my car and nothing bruised on me but my ego.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Baby boy got his checkup shots yesterday and now he has a slight fever.

ANTI-VAX!

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Welp when I got home from work I called up this Seventh Avenue place to report it as fraud. Looks like someone tried placing an order for a television online using my info. They cancelled the order and said it would take up to 30 days for the hard inquiry to fall off my credit report, which is in line with what Equifax advised. The lady told me the person had my name, address, and social, so after I got done with her I immediately called up the three bureaus to put a freeze on my credit. Just went through and changed all my passwords that would be tied to banking and shit. Sigh. Super annoying.
    Do not lose your pin numbers to unfreeze your credit! I lost one of mine and it was a pain in the ass to get back

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I bit my bottom lip 3 times while eating lunch.
    Did it again!!!

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Baby boy got his checkup shots yesterday and now he has a slight fever.

ANTI-VAX!
    My first son had strong reactions to every vaccine. No sleeping and fevers for at least a couple days after each shot. We learned to spread them out more for him. Only one or two shots at a time. With my second son he doesn't react nearly as strongly but we still spread them out a bit more doing only 1 or 2 shots each visit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

spreading them out is pretty useful in general. Half the adverse reactions are due to doing them all quick together.

So got my blinds fixed yesterday yay... couldn't be there so need to make sure nothings wrong. But the replacements don't have a draw string to put them up/down so got actually manual grab the blinds themselves and lift them up/pull them down. Took me like 10 minutes of looking to make sure I wasn't missing something and it really was that dumb

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So in the middle of November, my AT&T Wireless account got hacked and someone added a line and purchased a phone. Called them up, and while I was pissed the person creating the fraud ticket to transfer me kept trying to upsell me shit, they quickly got the line removed and got e-mail confirmation nothing would show on my bill.

Last night my bill finally goes live with AT&T as it always processes and pays two days later. 38 dollars in activation fee's, day of service and tax on the line show up. Call them back up as I'm not paying that shit and the person I talk to says there's no notes from my previous call, despite me giving her dates and e-mail confirmation. Tells me we have to create a new ticket. After she does she tells me fraud will get back to me in a week. Tell her that's unacceptable as this should have been resolved and they already found it fraudulent and they need to remove those charges now. After placing me on hold, she comes back and says for me to stop the auto pay and they will open a dispute. I tell her that won't work because if I cancel auto pay, I lose my 20 dollar bill credit for auto pay. She confirms that. At that point I tell her she either needs to remove the charges, or I will take my business elsewhere, and without even saying anything, just blind transfer me to customer retention.

Speak with them and she confirms she can see everything from my last call and the other person is an idiot. She finds out fraud is closed so she does what I asked the last person previously and removes it plus a few more dollars. 90 minutes of my life down the drain for that bullshit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

AT&T is the worst so glad I left those clowns

checking mail at lunch yay my bank got back to me on credit card dispute and is requesting further information/documents sweet. And it says I need so submit by December 4th or they will just conclude the investigation. They of course sent it around thanksgiving time so I literally got the letter sometime in the last 2 days <.<. So this going to be fun dealing with

Hulu account got hacked. They deleted all the extra profiles, and renamed our primary profile to "nimoro". They changed the e-mail address as well. Really didn't take long to get the account back, but once we logged back in we started looking at the device list. There are over 15 devices in there I don't recognize... going back over a year. So at this point, we are guessing this account info was given to a lot of people and they were just sneaky about using the account (Never seen a profile we didn't make, nor anything show up that we didn't watch). I'm guessing someone gave it to a dumbass who started deleting shit and made us notice. I hope they know each other and someone is getting their ass beat for it.

Edit: I would like to note that we didn't get e-mails on new devices logging in. Not sure why we were not getting those, as we started getting them without changing anything after getting the account back.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Shit man all of BG getting hacked this week.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Had that happen with Netflix, no email with suspicious logins. Wife just noticed one day someone was watching the Walking Dead on her profile, but she doesn't even watch it. Changed the passwords and all that shit but forgot to force logout all devices, had to rinse and repeat a couple days later.

GATTACA!

BG Level

To stay on the hacking trend - do y'all ever receive random text messages with codes? It looks like it's my two-factor authentication saving my ass but it also makes me paranoid. I probably need to start changing all of my passwords since I reuse the same few too often

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’ve gotten texts from Uber before asking me to confirm my code so yeah I think that’s definitely a thing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Credit karma warns me of all the reported breaches and which PW I use for that associates place and recommends to stop using that PW, really helpful.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i use 1password, a password management tool which lets me generate extremely secure passwords and save them securely.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    i use 1password, a password management tool which lets me generate extremely secure passwords and save them securely.
    Until that gets hacked too ,lol.

In theory it sounds okay but nothing is absolutely secure and that just makes me nervous leaving an automated site/program or whatever to store things for me. How do they know it’s secure as they state ? I’m genuinely curious now.

Closed Thread
Page 59 of 203 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast