BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I downloaded over 1TB in games in under two weeks on my new couch PC. Whoops.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Submitted a resume and realized I wrote the wrong dates for my recent employers. No big deal it's only my dream job.

Resending a fixed one with a letter cause the way I have it makes it look like I didn't work for 4 years. Hopefully I don't look like a moron.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Submitted a resume and realized I wrote the wrong dates for my recent employers. No big deal it's only my dream job.

Resending a fixed one with a letter cause the way I have it makes it look like I didn't work for 4 years. Hopefully I don't look like a moron.
    While not exactly the same, when I was job hunting a few years back and sending my resume somehow Word moved all of my start/finish dates in the left column. I didn't realize it until after a apps being filled out. It looked so unprofessional lol.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah I had a minor freak out but said fuck it, the honest and professional thing to do would be own up resend it corrected with a letter saying the dates were wrong.

It was optional to even send it at this point anyway all they wanted was a letter of intent/interest lmao.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Studying at a coffee shop in the upstairs with only two people in it on a Monday at 2:35 PM is a lot harder than it should be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So last night felt like playing some older games. Boot up the Wii and neither controller works. Weird considering we just swapped batteries last time around 4-5 months ago. Whatever swap batteries. Now one works but the other still isn't. Whatever try to work with that one but it's not tracking.... check the tracking bar thing and seems somehow the wire completely cut/snapped. Fuck it bring out old ps2 that was working fine last time around a year or 2 ago. Wont read any discs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Emulators brah.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want to play with my old stuff ok geez! Wonder if my snes still works

Don't see why it wouldn't assuming you've kept it in a safe place. Games with batteries may have lost their save capability, though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Left my phone charger at home so now I can’t shitpost while at work unabated, feels bad man

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I was getting ready to take a shower after some meal prep today and forgot I used cayenne pepper. Of course I had to rub my eyes before getting in the shower and mistakes were made. It took about 15 minutes for the pain to subside so I could see again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Also a shower fail. Was getting out of shower and I got a FaceTime/duo call from wife. Handed phone to 15 month old so I could get dressed. He walked into bathroom and gronk spiked it on the floor, cracked the screen of my pixel 2 xl. Was hoping it would last till Black Friday for pixel 5's...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That's honestly impressive. I'm still using my original pixel, and that thing has been through some shit. Thrown, dropped, left outside, etc. Only has a small nick in the case and still works perfectly.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They are literal tanks, I've dropped it from my lap out of the driver's door of my old Dodge ram straight to pavement and concrete several times. But when he slammed it onto the bathroom floor I knew immediately.

Morale of the story don't shower.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

My Pixel 3 fell out of my pocket onto my concrete basement floor, about a 9" fall, and cracked the screen. Wife then knocked it off the bathroom counter and shattered the back.

Moral of the story, stick to the Pixel 1/2. And have a case immediately when purchasing a new phone I guess. Both of those incidents happened within two weeks of getting the phone. My Pixel 1 was without a case for a good 6 months and only have a few scratches on the corner mouldings.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Never have cracked/broke a screen/phone from a fall. I don't even have a case for my current phone. I guess if you don't use your phone you can't break it...

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So guy who sort of subcontracts out to us calls in super buttblasted. Yelling at us how we haven't responded to his email in 2 whole days. Mind you he ignore ours for months. He's mad because the customer he got for us was mad because we hadn't gotten back to him... and subsequently directly contacted us for a much cheaper price cutting out the middle man. Try to explain how there was a problem emails over the weekend and had just gotten it fixed and started answering emails a couple of hours ago... he asks why we are fucking him for not answering his first and how he'd never fuck us like that... and that's where boss finally lost it. Boss explained he answered other ones first because he assumed it was just answering the millionth email we had sent him a few days previously about his 6 month+ overdue bills to us. He's already gotten fully paid by the customer both for his cut and ours on these bills btw. So boss is like you are fucking us and have been doing this the whole time... dude still tried to make it sound like he's the good guy here lol.

And last night almost got ran over by a biker. Was on a small narrow part of sidewalk without enough space for a bike to pass by a person walking at night when this guy comes barreling down as fast as he can almost hitting me. He gets angry and is like look where you going! I mention he isn't even supposed to be riding on the sidewalk and dude actually skids to a stop and starts yelling at me wanting to start a fight or something before shortly after rides bike across a busy street thru traffic

oh and new guy at work has decided to quit because he realized the moderate physical labor that is in the job description actually does happen sometimes and it's too hard. For reference the recent stuff that's been "too hard' is lifting file boxes of paper and dumping them into a bin and recently have had a few that had 100 or so which is done over the course of an hour or 2 with 2 people doing it. So yeah not that hard

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I fucking hate my new job.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I fucking hate my new job.
    What happened to being besties with Bezos?!

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

@work my department is going to start using Microsoft Teams. I'm quickly reminded how much I hate posting on social media. Sr. Manager says it's to post important information and "motivational posts"

I swear if the spiritual people start posting Bible passages and prayers...