+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

No. Fuck you all access. Just put the fucking show on TV.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm gonna pirate it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In an interview with Yahoo!, Stewart says the new show will not be self contained episodes, but rather will tell one central story across the season. He likened it to a “10 hour movie”, and also “we’re hoping for a second season”.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is it confirmed they're following the rebooted movie timelines, or are they just ignoring those all together? While were at it, does the new show on their streaming platform follow the rebooted movie timeline? I really dont keep up with star trek news lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

It could easily follow the rebooted timeline, though they'd need to address what changes happened due to Spock and Nero fucking around in the past. I'd hope there's an episode that addresses Prime Spock leaving some messages for the future so they know he survived and lived out the remainder of his days on New Vulcan.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

disclaimer about memory: but I think they said it would be a continuation of "our" Picard, just a fair amount of time later?
    I will be a sad lolifell if they go with the reboot shit

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Yeah, from what I heard it's supposed to continue in the original time line, which I am totally fine with.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Pretty sure nothing is going to be in the timeline of the dead movie series

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Jonathan Frakes (Commander William T. Riker) Announces that He will be Directing the Series
    https://trekmovie.com/2019/02/26/jon...is-hysterical/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hanelle Culpepper (ST:D) to Direct the First Two Episodes
    Santiago Cabrera (Big Little Lies) and Michelle Hurd (Blindspot) Join the Cast

https://www.thewrap.com/members/2019...picard-series/

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I just want it already! But I want them to take their time and make it good. But I just want it already!

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope they can find a happy place with a great script and be a character driven show while still being able to flex their budget from time to time. Really, I'm not getting my hopes high but if they're going through the trouble of making a Picard return series I hope they go back to what made TNG great to many of us... what with STD still being there for the Action fans

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Its been confirmed this is one of the live action series? As soon as I saw the announcement I was worried it was going to be animated and he was just going to voice the character.

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/1128774612735614976

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Discovery made me get Netflix.
    Picard is making me get Amazon Prime Video.

I see what they're doing here...!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The series will explore Picard's emotional scars.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm losing a bit of faith in this, I'm still going to give it a shot but I don't think that concept sounds very appealing.

No one wants this to be a Luke Skywalker situation, did we wait 25 years for that? An episode or two sure but an entire series dedicated to a broken, jaded, sour Picard with anger toward the Federation? Like... raise your hand if you want to watch a series with the greatest Captain in Star Trek(Subjectively) sulking through episodes a bitter old man? I understand a man in his situation would probably be emotionally damaged, I get that that is the more "realistic" approach, but meh.

Like I said I'll still give it a shot but I'm not exactly optimistic. Here's hoping though.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

What? The way the Federation had been operating completely flies in the face of Picard and his beliefs.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Operating in what? Isn't like... Nemesis the last thing we've actually seen from the prime timeline chronologically?

If this supposedly takes place in 2399, then whatever they're referencing hasn't ever been shown afaik since that's 20 years after Nemesis and they said 15.

Edit : I guess the Supernova that led to the reboot universe also happened. Could be tied into that, maybe something like the Enterprise getting destroyed during the rescue operations of Romulus or something.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What? The way the Federation had been operating completely flies in the face of Picard and his beliefs.
    If you're talking like, extended universe in comics/books/etc then well, I admit I don't know shit about those, but also don't think those matter, like at all. I'd be surprised if any of that sh*t aside from the events that lead to the Kelvin Timeline is even acknowledged(I expect Romulus and Spock to both be gone). I'm talking from someone who's knowledge of the extended Star Trek universe goes about as far as Star Trek: Online, and other TV shows in the same general time frame as TNG (DS9, Voyager). I have a vague understanding of the Kelvin reboot timeline and the events leading to it from as well, also occasional reading through the Star Trek Wiki when i'm bored.

The Movies I struggle to acknowledge but if what you're talking about is in there, I've seen em but its been a long time and also they're poopie and make no sense.

Its not that the concept is going to ruin the show, I'm only hoping they don't lean too hard into it. Not that they don't use it at all because honestly some of the better episodes were the ones that really explored Picard as a human not the "Hero", just you know, I don't think that can carry on as a series long focus. I know we don't know enough to make judgments, I'm just speculating.

PS If you know a lot about Deep lore (Nerd) I'd love to hear about it.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not going off books or comics or anything, and I doubt a TV show would either.

Other then random one off time travel episodes (which I don't think really count), the farthest forward in the prime timeline we've seen was Voyager finale, Nemesis, and the super nova that led to the Kelvin Timeline.

Stewart has said it takes place in 2399, which is 20/12 years after Nemesis and the super nova respectively. But I'd wager he misspoke and it's probably tied into Romulus getting destroyed, since it convienently ties into something that the non Trekkies can understand.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag