Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I tried to find the leaks but they've all been deleted apparently, RIP. I'd like to know how bad/good this show is without paying to disappoint myself. You guys need to hurry up with the reviews

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I tried to find the leaks but they've all been deleted apparently, RIP. I'd like to know how bad/good this show is without paying to disappoint myself. You guys need to hurry up with the reviews
    For one episode?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    For one episode?
    No, with the season. I know you have to wait until its all released, I'm pre-rushing you. GET WITH THE PROGRAM CHIEF

However if you want to review a single episodes, I'll gladly take that too. I don't want to stifle your creativity.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Reviewers saying it's pacing is slow until about the end of episode three.
    Given the premise, I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised at that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Patrick Stewart went on the View for his promotion tour of the show and with S2 already being confirmed, personally invited Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her role for the 2nd season

Edit:

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Reviewers saying it's pacing is slow until about the end of episode three.
    After watching ep1 I have to wonder how batshit retarded these reviewers are. Little bit of build up, then it smacks you in the face about 10 times relentlessly with "WAAAATTTTTTT" moments.

It was fucking fantastic.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Especially the end. Oh my God.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    After watching ep1 I have to wonder how batshit retarded these reviewers are. Little bit of build up, then it smacks you in the face about 10 times relentlessly with "WAAAATTTTTTT" moments.

It was fucking fantastic.

Thank you

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It was getting too late last night when I posted that so I only got around to watching past the first couple minutes a little bit ago. It was fine. Not sure what people are bothered about with that, and don't really care.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    It was getting too late last night when I posted that so I only got around to watching past the first couple minutes a little bit ago. It was fine. Not sure what people are bothered about with that, and don't really care.
    The first couple of minutes remind us that Patrick Stewart is a generational (see wat I did thar) talent. That interview...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Finished the episode, I enjoyed it a lot. Not sure why some critics are just hating on it, pacing seemed fine for what it is and Stewart just nailed it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have no issue with it so far, particularly looking at it through the lens of needing to world build a bit to connect the dots between the end of the movies and the series present.

Spoiler: show
    The Federation being a bunch of beaureaucratic asshats probably shouldn't be anything new. Though, the Romulan survivors seemingly repurposing a disabled Borg cube should probably worrisome if it's something the Federation actually knows about. The twins legitimately being Data's daughters is also something I'd be iffy on since in TNG he did have a kid, but that existence wouldn't quite jive with this show's interpretation unless they played it off more as him really being a grandfather with the offscreen scientist having worked on/with it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I fucking loved the first episode. I´d be willing to bet that 9 out of 10 reviewers who hate on Picard loved Discovery, so fuck them and their worthless opinions. The interview alone was more Star Trek than all of Discovery combined. Can´t wait to see where they´ll take it. Also awwww at Sir Patrick inviting Whoopie to get on board for S2 on her show. Now all we need is John de Lancie and Michael Dorn to make it perfect.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, I have no issue with it so far, particularly looking at it through the lens of needing to world build a bit to connect the dots between the end of the movies and the series present.

The Federation being a bunch of beaureaucratic asshats probably shouldn't be anything new. Though, the Romulan survivors seemingly repurposing a disabled Borg cube should probably worrisome if it's something the Federation actually knows about. The twins legitimately being Data's daughters is also something I'd be iffy on since in TNG he did have a kid, but that existence wouldn't quite jive with this show's interpretation unless they played it off more as him really being a grandfather with the offscreen scientist having worked on/with it.
    The Star Trek: Countdown comic showed the Romulans were able to outfit their ships, with Borg tech, and the Narada destroyed several ships, so the Federation knows they have that kind of capability. How much they know is another question.

I don't see what there was to hate, unless you wanted TNG 2.0, which we all know we weren't going to get. Picard would very much like to go on another adventure, and I'm on board with it. With Whoopie hopefully on board for season 2, I'd love it if they could explore her races relation with the Q and/or why she was so close to Picard.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean, I kinda wanted TNG 2.0 but I also really enjoyed the more “have a main story” approached that DS9 took as well.. I pretty much like all Star Trek except Discovery and the prequel one. I’m not a picky man when it comes to Star Trek, so long as it has a certain feel to it, that I can’t explain, it’ll do fine for me.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I’m not a picky man when it comes to Star Trek, so long as it has a certain feel to it, that I can’t explain, it’ll do fine for me.
    I totally get where you´re coming from. The "Star Trek feel". And imho Picard has that feel, at least it did very much so for me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I hope they do a full series review, their reaction are only bright spot of this messy series.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oof, and I respect Mike/Rich's opinions on Star Trek... they're almost as big of a Star Trek nerd as I am. I look forward to their Mid-season review though. I still hold hope because some of you really enjoyed it.

Edit: Also can we talk about B-4 being disassembled? I thought in this timeline, ala Star Trek:Countdown, Data had fully asserted himself over B-4, was reinstated into Starfleet, and was Captain of the Enterprise-E? Hell even in the books, B-4 was transferred to the Daystrom Institute where Bruce Maddox fought, and won, a legal battle to have him classified as sentient, and therefor could not be disassembled.

I'm trying to wrap my head around all the Star Trek multiverses, but I assumed this took place in the "Prime" timeline, so B-4 should be Data, and therefor a Captain of the Enterprise E and fully sentient... so why would they have just murdered the dude and took him apart? Or did they specify beforehand which Timeline this takes place in, because theres so many of them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    The Star Trek: Countdown comic showed the Romulans were able to outfit their ships, with Borg tech, and the Narada destroyed several ships, so the Federation knows they have that kind of capability. How much they know is another question.
    This is also a subplot in Star Trek Online.

The Tal Shiar are secretly building a stockpile of weapons designed with Borg tech and even have a military base that houses a cube. Towards the end of the storyline it's revealed that the Iconians are responsible for all of the Tal Shiar's advances.

The destruction of Romulus is also touched upon in STO.

It was Romulan rebels triggering a secret project that brought the end to their own solar system.

Starfleet conducts an investigation in the Hobus System to finally solve the mystery behind what triggered the supernova in 2387. With the help of Lieutenant Gaius Selan from the R.R.W. Lleiset, protomatter and decalithium findings in the system can eventually be traced back to Taris, hiding in an underground base on Iconia, where an ancient Iconian base and an operational Gateway are found. It seems that, in an effort to directly contact the Iconians, Hakeev and the other Romulan rebels under her command had been triggering a transmission from that base that ultimately caused the Hobus supernova.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag