+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wine! The Juice is Loose     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    i still hate wine and any form of alcohol, but i think it's because alcohol itself tastes incredibly bitter to me. like... black tea that has been steeping for 2 days. never enjoyed the fiery feel of it either as it goes down. at first i had thought it was the wine i tried itself, but after several brands and varieties, from merlot to pinot noir to a supersweet wine (HA!), i started to catch on that they all had one thing in common.

i do like using it for beef stew though. i see it in the same light as soy sauce - great for flavoring but you wouldn't want to drink it by itself.

i didn't even realize ethanol had a taste before i looked it up - apparently it does for some people. i guess my combination of genetics plus being a supertaster means i'm never going to experience what it's like to get flat out drunk.

which reminds me - what type of wine is the best for making beef stew anyways?
    Did you just compare soysauce to wine...?

Also, there are many wines you can use for beef stew, but I'd probably grab a Gammay for a nice stew or a cheaper Syrah or Sangiovese for an average one. It's just personal taste, try and decide.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

2015 Koenig Alsatian Gewurtztraminer.

"Exuberant" fruit is spot on.

I have had both the 2015 and now 2016 of this, and they are quite different. The 2016 is much less dry and less intense/exuberant as a result. Personally enjoyed the 2016 more, but that was my taste. Friend enjoyed the sharpness of the 2015 more.

i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dr. Konstantin Frank Semi-Dry 2016

As a semi-dry at 11.5%, I have had much drier at nearly the same abv. Not to say that is a bad thing as this was great, but it was more a tad more semi-sweet to me than full on semi-dry.
    Chateau Ste Michelle or Pacific Rim J Rieslings feels slightly more dry by comparison and Kungfu Girl would feel much drier (just picking random ones that come to mind). Interested in trying the Konstantin Dry as the Finger Lakes are great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag