BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Mini/body camera

So I'm a property manager and I get the joy of interacting with shady people or shady neighborhoods. Any cameras out there that is affordable?

I'm looking for mainly these functions:

1. livestreamable? I'd like to allow someone to know when I get shot lol...
    2. small enough, maybe to be inconspicuous
    3. decent memory to record up to 30-60min of footage

Yea idk, anything close to those recommendations would be great.

A biggy would be #2, since cameras by themselves will set people off, but if it got to that point, I guess I wouldn't need one anyways. I'd still rather not raise tension if possible, but also try to protect myself at the same time (aside from getting a gun...)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Depends on your price range but this might work?

https://www.amazon.com/WOLFCOM-Captu.../dp/B077H7XMSW

You can try looking with key works like 'life blogging' or 'vlogging' and see what comes up like the Clip 2.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quelima SQ13 like $20 with 90 min battery life. You can find sample videos on youtube.

No livestreaming but for the price can't be beat.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

get a CC permit and a very visible body cam
    and just walk around whispering I WISH A MOFUCKA WOULD

I'm sure you dont want to get into a gunfight but how much do you value your life

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well these neighborhoods weren't so bad years ago when the previous manager was still on the job. Apparently (at least according to tenants who told me before moving) the areas gradually became worse as years passed and shootings starting popping up sporadically. Last month a tenant got shot in broad daylight, to have his car taken and be found within 5 blocks from the house.

Either ways, whether it be considering a gun license+gun or camera or both, I gotta start saving up now, uuuuuugh.

Do like the suggestions, been looking at them and possibly others since I need a quick investment, then a longterm investment down the line. Pray for me.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'd also double check your states consent laws on recording to cover your tracks. Showing up at someone's door with a body camera may cause some legality issues.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oklahoma is a one party consent state, if that's what you mean. If not, I'd have to google what other legal issues I might run into.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been thinking of getting a camera for my bike rides for awhile and recent events has increased the desire and this thread pops up a couple days later lol. Previously when I was looking for stuff from companies specializing in bike accessories shit was kind of crazy expensive. But here makes it sound like I can find something not so much so was wondering if anyone had some recommendations. Prefer something I could mount to my handlebar probably though might want one to wear as well. Don't need streaming just at least 30 minutes of recording though a bit more would be nice. And hopefully something that can handle a crash lol

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So been thinking of getting a camera for my bike rides for awhile and recent events has increased the desire and this thread pops up a couple days later lol. Previously when I was looking for stuff from companies specializing in bike accessories shit was kind of crazy expensive. But here makes it sound like I can find something not so much so was wondering if anyone had some recommendations. Prefer something I could mount to my handlebar probably though might want one to wear as well. Don't need streaming just at least 30 minutes of recording though a bit more would be nice. And hopefully something that can handle a crash lol
    30 mins again - the same one I recommended here earlier it'll get you 90 minutes. I'd recommend a front+rear setup.

I actually use a Warrior G1S because it has a 7 hour record time and great night vision, but it's a lot bulkier obviously.