+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Popery Jihad and Nirvana     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Popery Jihad and Nirvana

should have a religious news thread or somethin

Simmering opposition has suddenly exploded across the Catholic world, with a former Vatican ambassador accusing the pope of covering up sexual abuse — and demanding that Francis step down.

The accusations came in a 7,000-word letter written by Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò that could be viewed as an act of courage or unprecedented defiance. Either way, it sheds light on the opposition movement, and particularly its insistence that homosexuality within the church — and Francis’s inability to keep it at bay — is to blame for the sexual abuse crisis.

“We are a step away from schism,” said Michael Sean Winters, a columnist for the National Catholic Reporter. “I think there is a perception among the pope’s critics that there is vulnerability here — on the part of the pope and in the Vatican generally.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.27fad55f82ea

tldr longstanding conservative opposition to Pope Francis just erupted into an internal putsch within the Catholic Church trying to force him to resign using the sexual abuse scandals breaking out in Pennsylvania, Australia, and Chile, with a retired archbishop formally accusing Francis of protecting a pedophile cardinal.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

What I'm seeing is that there is a faction within the Catholic Church more than willing to exploit the sexual abuse scandal in order to force a more progressive Pope out of power.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Religion general threads always end badly.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    What I'm seeing is that there is a faction within the Catholic Church more than willing to exploit the sexual abuse scandal in order to force a more progressive Pope out of power.
    This is exactly what is happening. That faction are Trump supporters.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Tracking Catholic friend FBs closely. A former college buddy is studying to teach theology at a Catholic University so there's some interesting discussion on his wall

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I'm reminded of the Chapelle bit about Cosby.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Religion general threads always end badly.
    atheist OP gives this thread, the religious news thread, new hope and possibilities

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

It's certainly that.

But also a huge lingering question whether the specific allegation Vigano is raising about Pope Francis personally covering up for Cardinal McCarrick is accurate.

The accusations sent a shock wave across the reeling Roman Catholic Church, but the letter offered no proof of its claims, and Viganò on Sunday told The Washington Post that he wouldn’t comment further, beyond confirming that he was the letter’s author.

“Silence and prayer are the only things that are befitting,” he said.
    and it looks like that's going to remain an open question for a while.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Just watched Godfather 3 the other night. Shits about to go down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Mirrors my thoughts exactly. I won't deny I want the abuse addressed yesterday, but I have no clue what a reasonable timeline to clean up this mess looks like, or even how much Francis can even do with opposition, coverup, and the sheer spread of the issue at hand. The guy isn't perfect but he's leaps and bounds above his predecessor.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Pope Francis will be replaced by someone like Trump. I believe his name is Humperdoo.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    It's certainly that.

But also a huge lingering question whether the specific allegation Vigano is raising about Pope Francis personally covering up for Cardinal McCarrick is accurate.

and it looks like that's going to remain an open question for a while.
    hard concurrence. whatever the ulterior motives of his opposition the charge is egregious enough that it outweighs all other considerations. it is, obviously, well known that the Church has protected the predators in its midst for decades but if Vigano's accusations can be corroborated it implicates Francis, Benedict, and a generation of cardinals in the conspiracy. hope some outside investigatory agents can start the work of digging into it, and the documents Vigano cites are made public.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

It's also worth noting that the Cardinal in question, and the allegations that the popes supposedly ignored or covered up, is accused of groping/harassing/propositioning/having sex with adult (male) seminarians, not children.

Spoiler: show
    because it's the Catholic church of course he's also accused of abusing a teenage altarboy - but that accusation was apparently never presented to the popes

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

MN Pastor Convicted for Sexual Assault on a Woman who he was Performing a "Exorcism" on
    https://www.hennepinattorney.org/-/m...1B4ED5E06CD91C | http://www.fox9.com/news/brooklyn-ce...during-ritual-

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Victim later confronted Defendant while surreptitiously recording him, and Defendant did not deny touching
    Victim’s genitals, but instead talked about the “deliverance process.” In the recording, Defendant admitted
    anointing Victim’s breasts and admitted that “we insert things into people.” Defendant admits that his wife
    knows that he sees women naked and stated that some things happen during the deliverance event and
    that “you don’t ask what happens, you don’t go into details and that deliverance can be very tempting.”
    Sounds like it was kind of ongoing and that the wife knew/helped... wonder how much more we will find out

Look man if the demon won't come out you gotta go in and get it.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Look man if the demon won't come out you gotta go in and get it.
    So even demons need to be grabbed by the pussy it seems.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Priest Leading a Funeral for a 18 yr old who Committed Suicide Condemns the Suicide and Tells the Family that the Man Won't go to Heaven
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46578619

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/13/67644...der-in-austral

A jury in the County Court of Victoria in Melbourne where Pell, 77, was once archbishop, is said to have found the cardinal guilty of "five charges of 'historical child sexual offenses' that go back decades," according to the Jesuit magazine America. Both that outlet and the Catholic News Agency say they have confirmed the initial report of Pell's conviction that was published by the Daily Beast. All of the outlets are citing sources who either have knowledge of the case or are "close to the cardinal."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46708691

4 Ultra-Orthodox Jews kidnap 2 teenagers from NY because the teen's mother fled the sect.

Prosecutors say the men belong to the ultra-Orthodox Lev Tahor group, which is based in Guatemala.

They are accused of abducting a 14-year-old girl and her 12-year-old brother from the village of Woodridge, which is north of New York City.

The men planned to take the pair back to Guatemala after their mother fled the sect six weeks earlier.

The woman had reportedly feared for her children's safety and felt the group, which was founded by her father, was becoming more extreme under the leadership of her brother.

The four men, aged between 20 and 45, are accused of kidnapping the siblings from their home on 8 December and taking them to a small airport near the city of Scranton in Pennsylvania.

They were then flown to Mexico, but were located in the the town of Tenango del Aire on Friday morning and have since been reunited with their mother in Woodridge.
    The four men are looking at serving life in prison.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast