Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Or, it's been broken for 20 years and they finally fixed it, which seems more likely, since, square.

Campaign
    BG Level

If that were the case they would've mentioned it in the patch notes, don't you think?

Naw, this way they can say it was never changed, we're just crazy, it's always worked as intended.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Naw, this way they can say it was never changed, we're just crazy, it's always worked as intended.
    Have they ever done this before? I can't remember another example where they pretended stuff wasn't changed and that it was just users being crazy and seeing things.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or, it's been broken for 20 years and they finally fixed it, which seems more likely, since, square.
    This is the least sensible way to see this, I feel. Sure it is a valid notion since it won't likely be proven or disproven unless SE says or does something, but it stands to reason that it is the incorrect one.

Far more sound to say this is the result of 'spaghetti code' after adding the new augments rather than use the same incompetence of SE to suggest a sudden massive imbalance in WSs is suddenly here to stay 'because it is SE guiz'.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

AV...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Does this mean monk is fixed?

Campaign
    BG Level

I don't see why it should mean that.
    Granted MNK is probably closer now to jobs like SAM or THF than it was before, but then again it's the same (if not even higher) distance from other DDs with good multihit WSs, soooo yeah...

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Does this mean monk is fixed?
    Since it is a bug, no.

Even if it wasn't, no.

The game likely won't change to make a job like NIN or MNK what it once was. Their niches are simply not important or necessary anymore.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

If things havn't changed otherwise in the past year, this will just widen the distance between mnk and jobs like blu/run/war/drk/etc, since their multi-hit WS are significantly better to begin with. It would make it slightly closer to jobs that rely on 1 hit WS I guess, not sure which jobs that still is, rng/cor/thf?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Everyone focuses on the DPS of MNK which is the wrong approach. White damage is dead, and it is clear by this point SE doesn't want MNK putting out the WS numbers of a WAR or DRK.

MNK's strength will never be in it's DPS again, but in tools like Mantra, Penance, and how hardy of a DD it is. Max HP traits, Counter, and Perfect Counter contribute to this. As well as how Kendatsuba +1 is great for magic evasion. Subtle Blow I/II also has it's place outside of alliances. In fact Monk's subtle blow potential is completely ignored by the player base. Especially certain enemies or simply shitty groups that really could benefit from it.

Frankly, Dodge should also add magic evasion so at least their defensive niche is more clearly defined.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    This is the least sensible way to see this, I feel. Sure it is a valid notion since it won't likely be proven or disproven unless SE says or does something, but it stands to reason that it is the incorrect one.

Far more sound to say this is the result of 'spaghetti code' after adding the new augments rather than use the same incompetence of SE to suggest a sudden massive imbalance in WSs is suddenly here to stay 'because it is SE guiz'.
    The least sensible way, but again, the most accurate. Nothing square does is logical/sensical/intelligent

Remember, Beneficial bugs get fixed IMMEDIATELY!!!, detrimental bugs, they fix whenever the fuck they feel like it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The least sensible way, but again, the most accurate. Nothing square does is logical/sensical/intelligent

Remember, Beneficial bugs get fixed IMMEDIATELY!!!, detrimental bugs, they fix whenever the fuck they feel like it.
    Unless not even SE knows about it yet. They generally have to find out first, yah know.

All I see are people who want to justify having more epeen on AH.com.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Unless not even SE knows about it yet. They generally have to find out first, yah know.
    There's also the small possibility that this is basically an intentional "leak" as part of the recently announced incoming job adjustments. They seem to be intending more sweeping/general changes than anything job-specific, so this would actually fit right in to that plan.

Also, about SB II.. Aren't MNKs theoretically able to reach 100% SB now w/ Div weapon? Adding up Niqmaddu Ring (+5), Sherida Earring (+5), Moonbow Belt +1 (+15) and Div weapon (+25), that should allow MNK to literally feed 0TP.

They have Job gifts that "lower tp given" labeled as subtle blow as well, that I'm not certain anyone actually knows what/how they work.

Campaign
    BG Level

We don't even know if there's a hard cap on SBII

We will now, as soon as someone is dumb enough to pay for a Sagitta. They will have "over 100" Subtle blow.

Super easy test too. Beat on a wall in assault and despoil the tp to see if it gained anything.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    There's also the small possibility that this is basically an intentional "leak" as part of the recently announced incoming job adjustments. They seem to be intending more sweeping/general changes than anything job-specific, so this would actually fit right in to that plan.
    When I get sick, there is a small chance it is cancer. Doesn't mean I should assume it is.

If House taught me anything, it's always the Zebra, never the Horse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra_(medicine)

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SE has moved the reported WSD bug to accepted bugs.