Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

September 2018 Version Update

Update Notes
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update

FFXIAH Discussion Thread - https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...ersion-update/

Items
    New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/September...Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/September...Existing_Items

Note regarding Augments:

Augments on weapons have always been server side, but we do have a list of all potential augments in the game. I will make a note on the BGWiki page listing all new Augments.

The new augments might not be in the .DATs at all, and there is no way to associate them with each weapon via the .DATs. Unless SE straight up tells us what is on each weapon, we will need to use our best guesses based on the Scythe pictures they have already released.

Campaign
    BG Level

Thank you Funky!

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

10,000 Job Points. Thank you god they're allowing you to spend Job Points from other jobs and not just the one you want to do it for. I can deal with this.

Edit: 700 JPs a week per trade ins. I don't mind it but considering I have 4 jobs with maxed out JPs at least I can build more in between. I was always bitching about being capped out on my Mastered Jobs with nothing to spend all those points on. I should have known by now they had something planned.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    10,000 Job Points. Thank you god they're allowing you to spend Job Points from other jobs and not just the one you want to do it for. I can deal with this.

Edit: 700 JPs a week per trade ins. I don't mind it but considering I have 4 jobs with maxed out JPs at least I can build more in between. I was always bitching about being capped out on my Mastered Jobs with nothing to spend all those points on. I should have known by now they had something planned.
    I'm actually fine with this. Gives me an excuse to join a CP party on my already mastered Idris GEO since they'll be very much in demand.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm more annoyed by the odd number. Couldn't they make it 1000 instead of 700?
    Anyway from in-game dialogues of people who talked to Oboro it SEEMS that the 10k JPs unlock all weapons of one category.
    Supposing this is right, it's gonna be "only" 40k JPs to unlock all 4 categories. Roughly a bit more than 1 year, with that 700 JPs per week cap.

If this is wrong and it turns out to be 10k for each single weapon then you'd have more luck farming the gil to pay a merc group and get KIs, I guess lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm more annoyed by the odd number. Couldn't they make it 1000 instead of 700?
    Anyway from in-game dialogues of people who talked to Oboro it SEEMS that the 10k JPs unlock all weapons of one category.
    Supposing this is right, it's gonna be "only" 40k JPs to unlock all 4 categories. Roughly a bit more than 1 year, with that 700 JPs per week cap.

If this is wrong and it turns out to be 10k for each single weapon then you'd have more luck farming the gil to pay a merc group and get KIs, I guess lol
    I'm waiting for all the info to come out before I reserve judgment. For now, I have 500 JP stored on PUP and GEO. I'm playing wait & see game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So just to be clear, as far as I can see you have THREE options:

A. Do 30,000,000 damage in Dynamis Divergence

B. Defeat your corresponding Wave 3 boss

C. Be a job master and gather 10,000 Job points, 700 trade cap per week

Option B looks like the easiest hands down, though I dont think option A is much harder either, just make sure you join.

Option C is definitely soloable by many jobs, and lends well to the low time available players. I think it works out to 4 months of work?

Option A is fine for low man runs, Even 1 hour of Dynamis every 3 days should pretty quickly achieve those kind of numbers. I'd estimate about 1 month of work.

Option B is definitely best for end game shells though, that clear should be pretty fast to get as long as everyone is competent.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's not just 30 mil damage in dynamis. It's 30 mil damage (across all players in the alliance pretty sure) to the wave 3 boss, or defeat it. This or the 10k Job Points is just to unlock the ability to augment the weapons. Who knows how much detritus we'll need to cap RP, where it will drop etc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I would guess that Augments 52+ are for the HQ2 dynamis weapon special forms.

So it will take me 15 weeks to unlock one category of RMEA upgrade, I think. I picked Mythic to start with because /shrug. At 1 million CP/hr, I would have to farm JPs for about 24 hours per week. I think I have done 4 million CP/hr before on BLM, which would only be 6 hours per week, but I can only do that for 500 of the JPs.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy fucking shit, they actually gave BLU a piece of DD gear with these neck augs.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em. The long winter of mage only gear for years is over.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

All gear with Geomancy + is broke, working as if you have none of it equipped, finally they fixed GEO.

Pretty sure it's 10k job points per weapon not per catagory, that's just how SE rolls. Probably can only work one on at a time too because that's how Oboro has always worked in the past.

Yes I always expect the worst from SE.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    It's not just 30 mil damage in dynamis. It's 30 mil damage (across all players in the alliance pretty sure) to the wave 3 boss, or defeat it. This or the 10k Job Points is just to unlock the ability to augment the weapons. Who knows how much detritus we'll need to cap RP, where it will drop etc.
    Fair enough, it should be noted since its cumulative, that basically means even if you wipe against the boss you get partial count towards victory.

Thus you will eventually get your KI, even if you cant beat the boss.

That sounds great to me actually, Im completely fine with this. Considering I've gotten PUGs too the wave 3 boss and got it down to 75%, I don't see it being a huge issue getting these augments.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone see what god hands gets?

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I would guess that Augments 52+ are for the HQ2 dynamis weapon special forms.

So it will take me 15 weeks to unlock one category of RMEA upgrade, I think. I picked Mythic to start with because /shrug. At 1 million CP/hr, I would have to farm JPs for about 24 hours per week. I think I have done 4 million CP/hr before on BLM, which would only be 6 hours per week, but I can only do that for 500 of the JPs.
    If killing the wave 3 bosses didn’t overshadow all other options, MW burning might actually have become as profitable as cleaving during the Abyssea days.

Maybe SE will abolish that 700 per week cap.

But how else will they milk the subs?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Holy fucking shit, they actually gave BLU a piece of DD gear with these neck augs.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em. The long winter of mage only gear for years is over.
    I don't know- BLU's one of the few jobs that didn't get Physical Damage Limit +10%, which could be a pretty detrimental depending on how it works.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    But how else will they milk the subs?
    By running the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I don't know- BLU's one of the few jobs that didn't get Physical Damage Limit +10%, which could be a pretty detrimental depending on how it works.
    We shall see, but I don't have any earth shattering expectations for that stat. Especially since WAR didn't even get it either.

BLU is WAR tier now.

Aeneas: DMG +6 Extenterator DMG +10% Acc/Macc +30
    Twashtar: DMG+4 Rudra's Storm DMG+10% Dex/Agi +20
    Vajra DMG+15 Mandalic Stab DMG+15% Acc/Macc +30
    Mandau: DMG+7 Mercy Stroke DMG+20% Triple Attack DMG +10%

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gap between main Aeneas and main Twash for THF has narrowed, but Aeneas is still better than Twash in the mainhand for RSing the night away.

As for Vaj vs Aeneas, I just noticed that the existing sheets never included the 119 III (only 119 and lower) for the Mandalic Stab damage +30% when adding the 45% on the augmented version to mine.

If I am correct, this can be seen in the Data tab cells on H/I (etc), row 263 (Relic Bonus). No wiz at this, but it seems like a huge oversight.

As for the Augged versions of each, if things are going right, and my edit to the Mandalic Bonus is correct (seems to be when comparing the cells against the 119 version) then Vajra should be best now when:
    • You aren't capping attack and use Mandalic (solo/stacked both do more). Divergence bosses or certain Ambuscades for example.
    • You are making light, as per before.

SAMs roll helps a lot obviously for Vaj, but still that only narrows the losing gap (significantly) instead of changing the entire outcome.

Otherwise, Aeneas isn't as far ahead as it was in the previous hierarchy.
    Still the easiest and safest bet for people though and compliments the job style better (less can go wrong). Vajra has secured a real niche now though.

Someone do their own checks against mine though please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast