FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    There's going to be a free Lite version, giving you access to 3 dungeons. Players with full version can invite lite players to play in 13 dungeons.
    Also, the mobile versions contain the same content as the Lite version.

With FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite, adventurers can play through the first three dungeons in both single player and online multiplayer with cross-play functionality***. Additionally, players who purchase the full game will be able to host multiplayer sessions with players using FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite, so a full party of up to four caravanners can play through up to 13 dungeons in the fantasy adventure together with one copy of the full game. Save data can be carried over from FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite to the full game, ensuring players can seamlessly continue their progress in the magical fantasy adventure.

** For iOS and Android players, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES is a free-to-download app which includes the same content and functionality as FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite. Players can access the full game via an in-app purchase to provide the remaining story and gameplay content found in FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition on the Nintendo Switch™ system and the PlayStation®4 system.

*** An active PlayStation®Plus subscription is required to play online for PlayStation®4 users and an active Nintendo Switch™ Online account is required to play online for Nintendo Switch™ users.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    In addition to a ‘Mimic’ feature which allows players to take the form of various characters they meet on their journey, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition also adds a number of new gameplay enhancements to make the adventure more memorable than ever, such as:
    • Quick Chat – new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
    • Magic Timer – a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronise and combine their magical attacks to unleash more powerful abilities.
    • UI Improvements – Increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
    • Additional Difficulty Modes – after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition.
    • Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hoped it was going to be online+local, didn't see any confirmation before, but just saw this pointed out on the site
    https://www.playstation.com/en-in/ga...d-edition-ps4/
    So this was misleading, apparently there's no local co-op

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So this was misleading, apparently there's no local co-op
    I mean, there can be, you just need an internet connection.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Probably referring to trying to play with multiple people on just one console, like how the old one was with the GBA connection but guess they couldn't/didn't want it to work out that way. I know I was let down when I heard it would always require internet to play with others, no more couch co-op sessions. But I still plan on getting the game either way though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

In online multiplayer mode, a player will only be matched with others in the region specific to player’s software.
    For those looking to play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered with friends internationally, you will need to make sure you all have the same region-specific software in order to access the same multiplayer servers. If you don’t, you will be locked out of playing with one another.
    https://www.siliconera.com/final-fan...gion-software/

I was looking forward to getting this imported since the west is only getting this digitally but guess not anymore.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That makes me worried that it's a band-aid for them to try to hide the fact the netcode is garbage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thankfully there's the lite version so we can judge all of this before spending money

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I suppose. I'm just worried now they took the classic Japanese approach of "let's synchronize inputs!" for netcode, which for my home connection will mean input delay on everything I do, making it all feel swimmy.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I imagine its likely due to the Playstation/Xbone versions...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

As of now I've only seen it coming out on PS4/Switch/Andoird/IOS. Someone smarter than me can figure out how crossplay across all of those would deal with delay inputs or whatnot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Anyone else pick this up? Either Lite version or full, played a quick map with a friend earlier and it was fun since we were using voice chat, no idea what it would be like without it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

No local coop no purchase sry

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Apparently they made the load times far worse on PS4 than it was on the Gamecube original, and there's still no dedicated Defend button for some unknown reason. Early reviews don't say much about the online other than disconnects suck (no option to reconnect to a session?), but those were on a test server, not whatever will be for live.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Well I had one disconnect with my friend, i just had to find the lobby again, which was strange since i was the host. But came back in and the items we collected i lost, but he still had his since he didnt get kicked.
    Well its just like the og where you pick between attack,defend,items/spells but yeah no single button for block kinda sucks but i just run around if i need to really.
    As for load times, they were pretty good for me on the switch version using the lite version of the game just to test things out before i buy. Feels like much the same as the og.

One thing that worries me is at the end of the map after the boss, the host gets the drop and the letter from their family but the others dont. So if your not the host your at the mercy of the host while they pick what they want to write back to the family BEFORE you get the chance to pick up your loot of choice. So if they go afk or something, you might be stuck there, no idea if theres a timer for the host but was not visible to me as a nonhost

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Throw me a follow if ya wanna play.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Throw me a follow if ya wanna play.
    Just making sure if you noticed, but that code is only valid for 30m

And yeah, checked out one dungeon on Lite ver on PS4 and I agree that loading times were pretty annoying. So was the lack of defend button. Don't really see the appeal of this without local coop sadly.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just making sure if you noticed, but that code is only valid for 30m

And yeah, checked out one dungeon on Lite ver on PS4 and I agree that loading times were pretty annoying. So was the lack of defend button. Don't really see the appeal of this without local coop sadly.
    No my dude. There's an Invite Code and a One-Time Invite Code. One-time is basically for inviting random people via social media which is valid for thirty minutes. Invite Code is to give someone a direct follow cross-platform in hopes that you play together again. It's kinda convoluted but considering that I've played with people on the Switch, I am not surprised at all that it exists.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ohh, my bad. I just read some review that complained about those 30m codes and thought that was the only option.