Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Throw me a follow if ya wanna play.
    Cool, thanks for sharing mine is 751334064272. Voice chat seems the way to go if really want to play well in this game. Tried with PUG earlier and everyone was all over the place.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just added you. The network portion of the game is pretty unwieldy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Just added you. The network portion of the game is pretty unwieldy.
    Ive only done 3 games, 1st was me getting losing connection halfway in, 2nd was fine, 3rd was fine. Playing on the Switch so I don't know if that helps with anything. Friend I played with in the first two games was on PS4 and the third game had switch icons under all the people.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Question, if I have the lite version and my friend has full version, can I fully experience 100% of the game with him in multiplayer? I'm not too understanding of this, I have no intention of buying the full game but we would like to play it together.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I haven't disconnected other than being idle. Meant trying to play with friends is convoluted but once I start playing, I'm okay.

@the stig. I couldn't tell ya at this point. Sorry.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I think the game has 14 dungeons, and lite multi-player goes up to 13? But lite single player goes up to like 3 i think. Saw the info on the tube this morning...somewhere...lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm still stuck debating whether I want this on PS4 or Switch +_+

The big Switch bonus is being able to play handheld and while travelling. Are there any specific perks about playing on PS4 over Switch that I can't think of other then possibly being graphically better which is a non-issue considering this is a remaster?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I gotta rant for a second.

Spoiler: show
    Ugh, I really wish I would have looked at reviews and visited reddit before purchasing this game. Multiplayer is just for dungeons, you can't form Caravans anymore but the Town system is still locked to idea of it being a multiplayer game (I.E 8 Villagers, 8 Occupations) all of which you now have to level individually because you can't share progress with your friends when you play together and they completely removed Couch-CoOp so even if you wanted to form a caravan and progress together you can't.

I don't wanna be a hater but man they really really fucked up Multiplayer in this game and literally the only point of this game is Multiplayer. I don't want to make 8 characters just to do basic crap like crafting weapons and buying items ._. - I knew Multiplayer looked bad but I never suspected it would be so awful that I'm considering getting a refund of the game and just not bothering, maybe buy it again if SE ever patches it, but right now unless this game gets some serious MP Patches, Square Enix's good will is on 0 for me and I'm done with the company because this is the laziest cash grab I've been suckered into in years.

Damn I was so hype.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I somehow forgot all about this. Holy crap are the reviews on this brutal.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey forgive my ignorance, is there cross-sharing on this? Meaning, if I make an account on my Switch, can i pull it up on my Phone to progress while I'm on the go?

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I somehow forgot all about this. Holy crap are the reviews on this brutal.
    For good reason. they managed to really mess up key things about the game, like the Village and Caravan systems. You can't even form Caravans, you know, the thing the whole game is based around? Like you'll only ever be Solo on the road and cutscenes, MP is Dungeon only. Story implications aside theres also lag/latency issues and in general just bad design choices (Not being able to swap host when asked to replay a dungeon for one, which would be a huge QoL for MP with friends).

Also nothing went into modernizing the controls and such to feel less dated. Lots of 'dead buttons' on PS4/switch, no quick-swap options for spells/abilities so every time you want to change one of you ~5 commands you have to open a screen-blocking menu and navigate all of that to equip the right thing, a lot of minor things I think would have went a long way and I would dare say are necessary today. We've come a long way since its initial release... I've already complained once but I admit I'm a little salty.

Really a shame, game was given a second chance and it seems whoever remastered it just didn't care, like there was no passion behind the project, a phoned in cash grab.

Edit: Its also worth noting, you can Craft armor/weapons in Marrs town, its just the "endgame" gear is Family-Only, the "ultimate" weapons and armor. Same for I believe quite a few materials and the Merchant family. Just a lot of needed stuff from them that'll be a chore to grind alone, but if I'm to understand just make them all and every year be sure to talk to the father twice, and it "should" progress them based on what im seeing online.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeaaah based on what Karb said and that review, I might hold off for a while and hope they fix shit with some future updates

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just played 3.5 hours of it.

It's ..... meh. I'm not motivated at all to buy the game or care about the story, so that aspect doesn't matter to me. My friend can progress his save/story and I'll just watch on his stream until I can join his dungeon group.

Graphics: cute, but mweh
    Gameplay: the menuing is clunky, the battles/commands are clunky, feels like Crisis Core. And the chalice man, that is slightly infuriating having to move it around, though I suppose it does keep you on screen; the game was fun for a bit but then not really after you know the system, I hope there's more spells/abilities later on
    Story: is there a story? I absolutely don't understand any of it, but I also had minimal attention going on
    System: loading screen loading screen loading screen loading screen. Even worst is the random cutscenes (events) that pop up during the world map, with some infuriating ones where nothing of interest really happens)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There is a story, but you won't get to see it while leeching, and its not spelled out and more given through world building and those cutscenes you seem to hate. Thats why every Journey has a Journal you can read afterwards in case you forget. There are several continuing stories through those encounters ranging from random Caravans you meet over and over, the Black Knight Story, and a few others.

Rings of Fate was the best CC Game TBH.

Edit: This sounds snarkier than it was suppose too. Just letting you know, its abbreviated but no snark intended.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No that's cool, I can see that you dearly love the game based on your few posts prior, so your response style was expected, whereas I've not even played the original. I admit that I am especially spoilt by today's standards in games (good graphics and voices) so playing this is at the bottom of my interest pile because I find it hard to pay attention these days to older games that's mostly reading. I'm just doing it to support my friend who's more interested. I can see that a lot of lore is buried inside the diaries.

I am leeching indeed but we're both chatting over in his livestream of it, so I am watching the full game play out on his screen, minus reading (which we both are very weak against. Example, when we streamed Last of Us Part 2, each time we need to read we yawn and go drowsy hahaha)

However, I can maybe answer this:

Hey forgive my ignorance, is there cross-sharing on this? Meaning, if I make an account on my Switch, can i pull it up on my Phone to progress while I'm on the go?
    I didn't see any indication on the menu that there's a cloud save/login of sort (like Fortnite and their Epic Account system across platforms), so I highly doubt this.

This was our stream earlier: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/725434813
    I sound slightly less focus as my friend uses a headset mic, whereas I have a desktop standing one, if you want to skim around and listen to us chat/react about it.

I did enjoy how the bosses scale with how many characters you got though. For example the first boss, it gained a stun move at 3 members, whereas at 2 members it didn't do that move; though I guess this is only natural to balance up things.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah, I figured as much and TBH I'm disappointed but not surprised. As I said (I'm being a sourpuss again sorry ._.) Games an extremely cheap cash grab with no love or effort put into it. So many bare bones basic features that are common sense in MP games they just didn't put in. I honest to god feel like they put this on Mobile phones just so theres an excuse for why so many features are lacking, broken, remained the same or are worse than the original game.

Still, i must begrudgingly admit despite the horrific P2P Lag since theres appears to be no dedicated servers, I do have fun playing with my friends (theres 4 of us, so it works out to a full team). Running every dungeon 4 times is a bit of a chore and can gets tedious fast, but the minute to minute gameplay is fun in its simplicity. Casting group spells is basically impossible without voice coms, but they did actually change that system for the better. Instead of needing to time your releases more or less exactly, with tier based on stacking, theres a little "Timing Wheel" and you only need 2 people to get spells like Blizzaga, but if you put in 3 or 4 people you can cast Blizzaga +1 and +2.

So praise where praise is due, despite having to fight horrific latency problems, the Spell-Combo system was improved!

Edit: My only hope is we get a patch that allows everyone in a group to progress simultaneously if they're at that stage, thats all i want :\.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Yeah I have some of those same issues as well, I would just love to play with my friends again since we played the original back on the GC, we been trying to set up a game for us all to play together but nobody can line up a good time. So I end up playing solo most of the time or PUG for artifacts that I don't have. And I kinda regret that I bought the game, I do have some fun with it but I am just kinda let down by the whole thing, I might have just hyped myself up too much for it due to nostalgia I had while playing with my friends. Also, check out the price for the DLC, if you want everything, it costs more than the game does itself, in typical SE fashion milking everything this game could get.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Another annoying problem I am having is trying to play offline solo, everytime I get a loading screen I get reminded to connect to a network and it brings up the list of networks around me. Not sure if this is switch only problem or not but it is so frustrating to play the bigger maps and every zone is a reminder to connect online.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4