Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yet another TV recommendations thread. (Budget 4K HDRs)

So i'm in the market for a new TV as my 8 year old Samsung 46" 1080p while still working perfectly, i'd like to replace it.

So i was looking into some 4K HDR TVs and was thinking of going the budget route.

I plan on picking up an XBoneX since i never had an XBone ever, only had a ps4, but also since i'm planning on going balls out on my PC as well, i'd like to have something nice to look at for now (i know... budget sucks, but it's something i'd like to afford for now before really going balls out on an OLED later down the line). So that's my reason for going budget.

I was looking at these 3 models, and i wanted to see if anyone has experience, or opinions on them, i'm gonna look at reviews on youtube tonight, and i'm going to my uncle's house tonight as well to see his ps4 pro in action with his TCL 5 series 4K HDR tv.

1) TCL 55R617 55" 4K HDR for $650 2018 model
    2) Vizio E50-F2 50" 4K HDR for $450 2018 model
    3) LG 55UK6300PUE 4K HDR for $500 seems like it's from 2017

Things i've heard from the TCL that's negative is the vertical banding, otherwise i haven't heard much from the Vizio and the LG, but they all have good reviews more positive than negative, and not just the price.

I was comparing them at rtings.com and they all have good comparisons, but i would like to see if anyone just has experience with them.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

We picked up a 60" Vizio 4k smart tv a few years ago for $400 on walmart.com. It was refurbished but it's worked perfectly. I don't mind refurbished because you have a window for returns. Keep an eye on slickdeals.net for deals. Daily I'll type in the search walmart ymmv for stuff. It's how I snagged a 43" Sharp 1080 smart tv for $64 and a Samsung 40" 4k smart for $180.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I have one of these and I couldn't be happier, can find them on sale sometimes and it currently seems they're having a fairly good one. Only con I noticed is the speakers aren't too great. I have a sound setup though so I didn't care terribly much. Has been great for my 4k needs and general use.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Rtings.com to start, narrow it down by your needs there.

I have a 70" Vizio that I love but 1080p, I'll probably be replacing it with a 4k Vizio. I got it because it averaged the best as far as gaming and sports viewing and it was a steal.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Sharp 50" 4K smart LED TV for $280. I don't care much for the built in smart tv for Sharp but the price is right on this one if you're in the market for a 50".

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sharp-50-...ype=10&veh=aff

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I haven't liked Sharp since their NA TV license was bought by HiSense. I have a 50" Sharp from 2011 that I still use to this day. I mean hell, Sharp JPN (Foxconn) even filed two lawsuits against them. One of which was for lowing the brand's value by selling "shoddily manufactured" TV's under the Sharp name.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I def put Sharp in the lower end and it wouldn't be my main screen. The one we have in the bedroom is fine and all, but we got it cheap.