Closed Thread
Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    What’s the story with the Sonics leaving Seattle? I only loosely follow basketball.
    Team moved to OKC and became the Thunder, got Kevin Durant and made a few playoff appearances in very short order. Seattle is still bitter about it as evidenced here.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nevar 4get

Also KD was there for the final season as the Sonics. Seattle fucking loves KD and was happy as shit when he left the Thunder.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Team moved to OKC and became the Thunder, got Kevin Durant and made a few playoff appearances in very short order. Seattle is still bitter about it as evidenced here.
    Wow! I thought Sonics were still a team alongside OKC lol.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Sonics/Thunder is humongous sore spot for Seattle. Was a ton of lawsuits about it and protests in the streets.

You could read about it on Wikipedia or whatever but most things online miss out on a bunch of the internal nonsense that happened with the Port of Seattle and a bunch of local politicians (supposedly) being bribed out of funding a new arena.

Compared to some of the shit we've seen recently with NFL teams moving, the Sonics leaving Seattle was a massive shit show.

Edit : I'm getting my wires crossed and confusing the Sonics departure with the current nonsense going on with the new basketball arena, which relates to the Port. They weren't involved back in 06 thru 08.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some indie guy named PAC was announced to be wrestling for Dragon Gate on November 6. For awhile he was going by the audicious name King Neville.

Also, I can't believe that 48 states thought they Thunder would beat the Heat. I don't even follow basketball and I know that is silly.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Watched GoD vs YB and thought it was solid. Also thought about something that hasn't been discussed (or I missed it). Tanga Loa's finisher is named Ape Shit right? Tama uses MGKA's Gun Stun, who teamed with Giant Bernard who used the same reverse piledriver. I think it's a cool shout out in a way and they tied that into being BCOG. Or, I'm overthinking things.

BG Level

I hadn't thought of that with Tanga Loa, but the less I think about him, the better. They'd said from the start that the Gun Stun was basically passed down to Tama though.

KOPW card and some thoughts:

Spoiler: show
    1. Tiger/Liger vs. Desperado/Kanemaru(c)
    2. GBH vs. Henare/Juice
    3. Chase/Page/Bucks vs. Ishimori/GoD/Fale
    4. Ospreay/Goto/Ishii vs. Iizuka/Taichi/Suzuki
    5. R3K/Yano/Okada vs. X/BUSHI/SANADA/Naito
    6. EVIL vs. ZSJ
    7. KUSHIDA vs. Marty
    8. Tana vs. White
    9. Omega(c) vs. Cody vs. Ibushi

Naito has been mentioning that LIJ would have a new member, so here we go. Before that, I was thinking BUSHI might get a partner from CMLL for Junior Tag League (it's round robin this year instead of just single-elimination), but if it's a permanent partner in Japan, it's seeming like even less a big deal than Ishimori, who really could have been treated as a huge deal, but since losing to Hiromu hasn't done shit.

This is apparently new:

EVIL/ZSJ likely leads to a Jericho match at Power Struggle, and I'm more than fine with either. EVIL probably makes more sense, but I have no idea what they're going to do with that show. I never thought about the idea of ZSJ vs Jericho, but just for promos, that would be hilarious. "Who's the fuckface now, dickhead?"

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I was high on Tanga Loa at first but yeah, he's cooled off quite a bit. Really hasn't shown any improvements. Regarding LIJ, who knows who it will be. For me it doesn't have to be a high profile name as long as it makes sense.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

For those who missed the nucler heat for Elias last night

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So apparently the Saudi government has offered The Rock 20 million dollars to be at the April show in Saudi Arabia. And to be there as WWE Champion.

Rock vs. Roman at WM 35 has been rumored for a while so it wouldn't be a surprise for Rock to win the title at WM and then drop it back to Roman in Saudi Arabia for a quick 20+ million payoff.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

LMAO

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    So apparently the Saudi government has offered The Rock 20 million dollars to be at the April show in Saudi Arabia. And to be there as WWE Champion.

Rock vs. Roman at WM 35 has been rumored for a while so it wouldn't be a surprise for Rock to win the title at WM and then drop it back to Roman in Saudi Arabia for a quick 20+ million payoff.
    If this actually happens I am 100% done with WWE.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Alright people, you know what to do.

Make CM Punk a star in Saudi Arabia.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

These are the same people that requested an appearance from both Yokuzuna and Ultimate Warrior to both be at the GRR despite both being dead.

But also when they announced Rusev vs Undertaker and then replaced it with Jericho vs Undertaker, the Saudi prince complained because he liked Rusev so they put him back in the match.

BG Level

Not gonna front. Seeing Rock vs Roman at MetLife would be dope lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Not gonna front. Seeing Rock vs Roman at MetLife would be dope lol.
    Biggest problem with Rock vs Roman is the fact that unless WWE somehow keeps Rock on a tight leash, he is going to completely eviscerate him on the microphone.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Biggest problem with Rock vs Roman is the fact that unless WWE somehow keeps Rock on a tight leash, he is going to completely eviscerate him on the microphone.
    Cena already did this. Didn't change WWE's mind. I don't see why they would now.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I for one welcome our new creative team, the Saudi government.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

One thing to be eviscerated by Cena, another to be eviscerated by your cousin after you admitted to pirating Moana in an interview.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    One thing to be eviscerated by Cena, another to be eviscerated by your cousin after you admitted to pirating Moana in an interview.
    With WWE even going all in to have the Rock come out and help try to get Roman over after he won the rumble lol.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast