+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Shit Yuri thank you for those remixes. I'm listening to them now and wow.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm glad you're enjoying them! I think most people have no idea just how good the OST to this game is

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This..looks ridiculously fun.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

If it looks that way to you, you'll probably enjoy it. The story may be childlike but the game has teeth, especially on hard mode. Beneath the fluffy exterior lies a classic roguelike dungeon crawler with the Final Fantasy job system we've all come to know and love, and plenty of content as well as challenge dungeons that remix the entire formula and make you think

Oh and the music is even better than I remembered. All these classic FF remixes are just so good

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I was worried about it maybe being too easy, nice to hear that there is a hard mode. Does anyone know if multiplayer works on the switch with one joycon for each player or does it require a pair per person?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Just beat it today. The hard mode can be ridiculous at times and a little frustrating but I enjoyed it a lot.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Nice. I'm still at the beginning of Chapter 5. Hard mode can be a bitch altho I found that unlocking Dark Knight just wrecked everything. Will probably eventually complete all jobs, dungeons, and buddies but that will take place over the next few months lol. I hear the final job is a massive pain to get

Also, if you haven't noticed, the dogs in this game have the BEST dialogue

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Oh I missed the pre order Didn't know about this game until now

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

You didn't miss much. The Switch buddies are cute but a joke. The PS4 buddy is really good but nothing irreplaceable. And you can still get the Machinist/Beastmaster/Alpha jobs in either version

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Honestly, the PS4 DLC Beastmaster is the best Buddy in the game, IMO. I literally never switched him out because his ability just beats everything else. It's practically a full heal that you can spam throughout all the dungeons. Just heal > kill all mobs > rest in place to get SP. I was surprised at the difference between him and the DLC for switch which is practically useless.

DRK is def the best job in the game for damage. I completed everything with it after I got it, Covenant + Shadow or Dark Blade just destroys everything. As far as mastering jobs, at the end in post game you can get into a dungeon thru the book in Mog's house. In that dungeon all the monsters drop JP that gives 150+ and the bosses 500+ so you can cap easily in 30m from 1 to level 8.

Also, if anyone is struggling with Alexander like I did in hard more, you can go into the Insatiable Hunger dungeon and complete it. Once you complete it you gain access to infinite dungeon where even at level 1 you can get the best claws/harness in the game (Irma/Volg) at that point. Made everything else much easier.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

finally grabbed both of those and maxed them out along with two all brands. only thing really left to do is beat the game and grind out any completion shit I'd like. really not sure if I'll ever get Shinryu Talons and Omega Saddle or the Alpha job for that matter, all of the above sound obnoxious lol

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Do you remember where you got the Ice Saddle? There is barely any info for the game in the places I looked lol, they updated some things from the original. I saw the requirements for some stuff like lv500 Infinite dungeon clear and thats insane.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Yep, ice was Shirma's dungeon. It'll be in the mirror at the church. NOT to be confused with Shiroma's dungeon, which is entirely separate (and you can't bring anything back from that one anyway)

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just started playing this. Completely new to genre and these types of games. Playing on hard. Any advice?!

Kinda sad it looks like there's no "benefit" to leveling multiple jobs besides the flexibility, but eh, we'll see!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Use black mage for things until you get better talon/saddle, its the best job imo for starting out. If you're on PS4, use the DLC Beastmaster buddy as his heal is essentially a full cure and it heals him too. Can rest in place to regain SP before moving to next floor.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

random tips:
    - the normal dungeons tend to be very unbalanced in the sense that normal floors will be a breeze and suddenly the boss creams you. that's normal. if you can't beat a boss (I lost to all the chapter bosses at least once) just grind.
    - save before every dungeon. this seems obvious, but it's good to remember. the game does not autosave, so if you're on hard you can just reload the game when you die so you don't lose all your equipment and items.
    - healing buddies are pretty much the only buddies worthwhile. the other buddies are fine and all, and you can use them for flavor if you want (I did have fun with Ifrit), but they are all gimped as fuck compared to healing buddies. the first one you get (unless you have PS4) is Shiroma and I literally used her for at least 90% of the game. she's on your farm, in one of the buildings (lower left corner of the farm) and I think she shows up fairly early. you'll know; she looks like a white mage.
    - Scholar is OP for getting to the boss and/or hunting for items. Thief is good too. both of them have skills that reveal the entire map for the floor; do not underestimate how useful that is.
    - the Blacksmith moogle (from duel/shop traps on occasion) will hone your equipment past the limit with 100% success. I rarely failed with the normal Blacksmith, but it did happen at least once and it's annoying. so just something to know about.
    - some of the memory dungeons where you can't bring buddies and/or items are massive pains in the ass. this is normal. just post here if you're really struggling with one. (seriously, there is one where you are ALWAYS BLIND [use black mage] and one where you have ONE FUCKING HP [use black mage again]).
    - actually, Draylo is right, just use black mage (until dark knight, but that's way late game)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just want someone to fix the theme for PS4. It's broken/corrupted. SE blames Sony and Sony blames SE so it'll never get fixed.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Playing on switch

I might hold off on this game to finish off srw x first tho. Playing on the bus to/from work so get like an hour a day D: (little over a month and I've completed srw v and plat CSH so far :D)

Is the PS4 dlc gonna be available on switch at some point?