FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! (PS4/NSW) - March 20, 2019

2007’s Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo’s Dungeon is back and better than ever with a whole new gameplay system!

The rules to the mystery dungeon are simple! The world only moves whenever Chocobo moves, whether Chocobo walks, kicks, or uses an item.

So, if you find yourself surrounded by monsters, don't fret! You have all the time in the world to think of a plan! Just take it one step at a time.

Become buddies with all the monsters and play cooperatively with your friends.
    Every time you enter, the mysterious dungeon changes shape. Take one step forward and change the world.
    Due for release this winter on Nintendo Switch & PlayStation 4, the Chocobo’s Dungeon series returns for the first time in ten years with Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!

The rules to this mysterious dungeon are simple…every time you enter, the world around you changes shape, but it only moves whenever Chocobo moves, whether Chocobo walks, kicks, or uses an item.

Become buddies with all the monsters and adventure through countless dungeons, all whilst enjoying a deep and engaging story, it even includes 2-player co-op play!
    https://www.jp.square-enix.com/chocobo/en/index.html

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Loved this game for the Wii. Wonder if any other aspects will have online play, I remember the only thing was the card game.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

almost made a thread for this just now lol. should have trusted 6souls. this is like my #1 most wanted game right now. love roguelikes, love mystery dungeon, love chocobos and final fantasy, love the job system, loved the original (but didn't complete it!), and I need more switch games.

on the other hand, I'm sitting over here like, "release date: 2018" and it's November but we don't have any more info yet... I really, really hope that release date isn't a lie. you'd think we'd have more info by now, but then again WoFF is coming out next week and they haven't exactly pushed that game so maybe 2018 is right after all. I'm praying it is

co-op play is the only thing I think could be online? but I sincerely doubt that. it would be wonderful though!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Delayed to 2019, At Least for Switch
    https://mynintendonews.com/2018/12/1...witch-delayed/

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Oh no I was excited for this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

March 20, 2019 in Japan for Both Versions

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    March 20, 2019 in Japan for Both Versions
    NA, too
    A new installment of the ever-popular series is coming to Nintendo Switch on March 20th, 2019! The classic FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon is back with an enhanced gameplay system - to be enjoyed by both first-timers and fans of the series!

Explore the challenges of the never-ending dungeons ("Insatiable Hunger"), befriend monsters with the new buddy system. You adhere to one simple rule, every time you enter, the world around you changes shape, but it only moves whenever Chocobo moves!

Grab another controller and play with friends! Look out for familiar characters from the past!

Chocobo can also take on 14 different jobs and gain amazing abilities and outfits.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ONE MONTH BITCHES

ok one month and a day

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Oh no, I thought it was only for switch. I hate exclusives like that, is it a job or just an outfit? I'll probably get it for PS4 and wait for it to go on sale for switch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Oh no, I thought it was only for switch. I hate exclusives like that, is it a job or just an outfit? I'll probably get it for PS4 and wait for it to go on sale for switch.

Buddy Chocobo "Machinist"

Releases Apr 23, 2019
    DLC details
    $1.99

A chocobo is an adventurer's best friend!

With the new Buddy System, you can take a chocobo buddy with you on your adventure.

Invite Machinist and begin your journey now!

[Ability]

Ultimate Fire:Concentrate your fire to launch a piercing shot that deals huge damage to all foes up to 6 tiles ahead of you.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd rather get this on the Switch but I want that Beastmaster DLC. :/

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

As far as the description of the DLC goes, it wouldn't allow you to play as beastmaster, it just gives your AI buddy that option. As for me, I'm going Switch for sure because god damn they added Alpha <3

Disclaimer: That's just me reading the item description and googling a few articles. I ain't work for no Square-Enix

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gameplay

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ONE MORE DAY

...I'm the only person here who has this preloaded on their Switch, aren't I?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Didnt know this was even a thing until I saw it pop up here. I will check it out looks neat.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there really no North American physical release coming for this? Still seeing nothing on the web for it.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

No, this is eShop only for NA. I know I wanted a physical copy so bad for this game.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh btw, one point that's getting mostly ignored and I totally forgot: the OST. it's a lot of classic FF remixes.

like this.

and this.

and this.

and this.

seriously guys. do NOT underestimate this fucking OST. it's ridiculous. I could go on all day with these remixes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll probably pick it up eventually, just not at the moment. I remember enjoying the one that was DS years ago.