+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I also had one setup that finished 2 turns after stone punch petrified Ashe, Elarra, and Larsa because I fucked up. Slot 1 Shantotto LD BSB + Chain and Slot 5 OK mUSB Chain Thundaga. So if you can unload any applicable AOSBs you should be able to get him down low enough before you get petrified that the final two can finish him off. You will not have quetz up between 32-42 seconds. Stone punch happens at 43 seconds if you max out the 10 turns for each phase so you will have it back up to break enrage.
    No AOSBs. Without giving a full breakdown here, Ashe and Shan both with USB/dive, and Shan has LMR, but those two are my main damage dealers. Using Prompto for lightning chain + spark offering + dive to stack up the imperil, and OK using Voltech to push out some more damage, which he does quite well and can cap damage on the tail end of the chain. Prompto has entrust in his 2nd slot to give a small boost to Ashe to get her going a bit faster. Ashe caps out damage pretty quickly into the chain using Chain Thundaga (don't have rubies for Chain Thundaja), and Shan runs her witch spells and starts doing more damage than another Chain Thundaga pretty quickly. Between Elarra using USB and ACM, and OK's initial mUSB and recast around 20 seconds, everyone has quickcast for the majority of turns.

I think the problem is, as you noted, I don't have a "finisher" SB, so when I get to phase 3 I need to have Elarra ready to set Ashe/Shan up with last stand and see if I can't push it down the final bit before he takes them out.

As a side note, I think I've been incredibly unlucky with Shan's LMR proc'ing while under her double cast USB, because I've not gotten a triple or quad cast, whatever it is

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well.... Fuck this game. Only had one dupe on healing lucky and of course, 1/11 59523774th Eiko BSB..... Forever doomed to use Selphie USB.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Not even having issues with the physical fights, all my problems are with mage fights. There are decks for those too right?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Ultra gem draw: 4/11 Ace USB, Barret LMR (lol more gunarm damage), Dupe OK SSB + LMR
    Selected Palom USB

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got bupkis on the actual LMR/USB draws. 3/11 on both, with only Edge LMR as new, dupes of 2x Rem LMR, Agrias OSB, Yuffie USB2, with a seemingly terrible Firion glint to cap it off.

Now for decisions. Dont see much on the LMR table aside from OK or Aerith. Opinions?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

triplicate squall ssb blasting zone; now to figure out what usb

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Took ragnarok buster (laguna usb) from picks for use on eventual wind magicite. Managed to get 1 min 1 second on VIII torment with pretty bad dual trigger luck. AOSBs would help a ton...or even an OSB for squall!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Healer LD was a total miss but was worth a try for Aerith/Ovelia: 2 disco balls> Rosa USB, Relm USB both dupes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Malak USB from daily. Kind of meh - but a free 6* M.Blink for Tactics isn't terrible.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Decided to roll the dice on the Healer LD against better judgment since I had 2 of the 6* (Larsa + Ovelia) and 3 of the bursts.

2/11 Aerith USB, Lasra LMR. Well my physical teams got a fair bit faster now.

BG Level

Got Jack and Shit from mage draw. On to FFX!

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Disco from daily....

Dupe Cloud USB2

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Did the first lucky draw, got exactly what I wanted :O

2/11

Squall USB2 and Locke LMR

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

4 pulls, best was the first one and went against my better judgement. 200 mythril and lots of Minfilia and Potato glints later, i'm done.

BG Level

3/11 2x Alphinaud BUSB, Thancred BSB

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did two pulls on XIV.
    First was Papa's USB and Minfilla's BSB.
    Second was Papa's USB again ; ;
    My boy Alphi is sad

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is Alph USB that good?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Probably aiming for chain. I personally think his USB is better than his brave, but 24 chain hits over 2-4 turns isnt half bad.

BG Level

Alphinaud Brave is good for chain building. It's possible to get 2 cycles from Brave mode with enough Quick Cast since it does give Quick Cast for 2 turns on entry.

BG Level

It really is good if you like his burst. You can chain summon after summon and effectively double your hones.