+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Me a week ago: "Damn, if only I had Relm USB, I could sub 50 FF6 D???"
    Today: FF6 RoP: Relm USB!!!!!! Woot, so far this has been my best RoP ever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you need Dark stuff don't pull on the current focused banner, wait for the Dissidia banner with Sephiroth's awakening instead (it does have a chain /w Golbez).
    Also 6* magicites have been announced for JP, coming next month starting with earth (same physical/magical deal as 5*). Plan your Awakening pulls accordingly!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    If you need Dark stuff don't pull on the current focused banner, wait for the Dissidia banner with Sephiroth's awakening instead (it does have a chain /w Golbez).
    Also 6* magicites have been announced for JP, coming next month starting with earth (same physical/magical deal as 5*). Plan your Awakening pulls accordingly!
    /sigh, we're never escaping magicite farming then. Can't wait for the inevitable 7* and 8* magicite! /s

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've still barely touched 4* magicites.

The fights aren't fun. I don't play this game to spend tons of time trying to customize and fine tune the same fight lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Kind of funny that Odin was the "end of magicite" in JP. Though we all knew that was coming. Gird yourselves for Crusader, Levi, Bahamut, and KotR.

I almost wish they would make 6* magicite basically new nightmare dungeons and more of a puzzle fight than timing and power creep.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think we all knew 6*s were coming ever since they added generic monsters as 5* magicites compared to earlier plans. I don't really mind as much but they need some new type of content other than Magicites and Torments.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Kind of funny that Odin was the "end of magicite" in JP. Though we all knew that was coming. Gird yourselves for Crusader, Levi, Bahamut, and KotR.

I almost wish they would make 6* magicite basically new nightmare dungeons and more of a puzzle fight than timing and power creep.
    Gilgamesh (Beyond).

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Daily dungeon rewards got refreshed & drops an additional crystal for completion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They forgot to remove gear drops from low level dungeons, you can go farm those for free magia+ shards.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Also don't forget to change auto sell to auto rainbow shard for 1-4*

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there a cap on Magia points?

Also is it better to focus them on attack power or elemental damage up?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post

Im doing one water resist for everyone I upgrade. After that, if its something obvious (like Locke for fire, Fujin with wind) I would probably up element over atk/mag. If its a mix unit like Bartz or Cloud, likely would go atk/mag.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post

There's a cap of 100 points per stat, you can max them all out. Focus on raw stats first, the elemental damage boost is not that big of a deal. Elemental resistance is completely useless because it does not stack with gear. It's only useful if you wanna negate some gear effects to neutralize the negative resistance. Go for HP if your character can't get to over 10k with dive+ water or if it's a healer.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Im doing one water resist for everyone I upgrade. After that, if its something obvious (like Locke for fire, Fujin with wind) I would probably up element over atk/mag. If its a mix unit like Bartz or Cloud, likely would go atk/mag.
    The water resist is a good PSA for everyone, just 1 measly point in it negates the increased water dmg on Gigas Armlet. Same thing for any gear that increases DMG.

Also in regards to elemental resists, they DO NOT stack with elemental resist gear/magicite, so they are worthless. The elemental DMG DOES stack, so they are worth it.

Order should be: HP > ATK or MAG depending on character > Elemental DMG > DEF/RES.

Edit: Yeah, what Alkar said!

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

They forgot to remove gear drops from low level dungeons, you can go farm those for free magia+ shards.
    Any suggestions on those dungeons? I did like 50 of the first dungeon and haven't seen a single gear drop yet
    (is there any cap on the magia thingie or can we just get all of them? I think I missed any cap mention beyond capping everything)
    (Having picked this up again not too long ago, this patch is divine for me cathing up!)

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If you're still churning out Realm dungeons, don't worry about Magia farming. Just keep banking mithril for 4th anniversary. You should be able to get more Memory Crystal IIIs from RWing a high DPS Arcane or an Awakening SB and clearing the D140 60 stam event dungeons.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    If you're still churning out Realm dungeons, don't worry about Magia farming. Just keep banking mithril for 4th anniversary. You should be able to get more Memory Crystal IIIs from RWing a high DPS Arcane or an Awakening SB and clearing the D140 60 stam event dungeons.
    I'm done with the realm dungeons fortunately, I am currently butting my heads against the first set of magicite and am woefully undergeared and underabilitied I have come to find, so I was thinking I'd spam the hell out of the magia system and grind gear for the new weapons to get slightly more of an edge, I'm fairly close on Fenrir now, but just not quite enough yet, and I need the gear pieces for the new weapons, so I figured, two birds, one stone!

(I see that the Magia question was answered higher up now, i was too distracted by the gear thing to realise I guess, mea culpa!)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hell yeah another daily disco and another new-to-me CSB for krile!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Elemental boost, HP, Atk, Mag, Mnd.

BG Level

Had to read reddit that this means the Newcomer dungeons under events.