+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't really have an issue with inputs being simplified like that if the core gameplay and combo systems remain intact.

Feels like they'd have leave Geese's Raging Storm input tho, that shits too iconic. Moves like that and Ivy's command grabs in Soul Calibur are iconic largely because of the weird inputs

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    There's definitely gonna be some teeth grinding from the hardcore crowd a lot of characters have had their inputs simplified. Terry's Rising tackle is a dp input again and Luong has had all her half circle inputs made into quarter circles just to name a few.
    They've stated that they're trying to open, not close the door to new players. Given the troubles they've had with sales in the past, I agree with this. They can always release a patch later to have an option that restores the original imputs for hardcore players.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I don't really have an issue with inputs being simplified like that if the core gameplay and combo systems remain intact.

Feels like they'd have leave Geese's Raging Storm input tho, that shits too iconic. Moves like that and Ivy's command grabs in Soul Calibur are iconic largely because of the weird inputs
    They already scrubed the pretzels in XIV. Krohnen is all double quater circle forward for his supers and I think climaxs are universally quarter circle back half circle forward punch+kick. Funny thing though Athenas command grab is half circle back forward now.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Team Garou got released but due to what I can assume is general Japanese dev incompetence the DLC is not available on Steam for over 8 hours now. Game is updated for it but no way to play them legally

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably already banned

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

GENOCIDE CUTTAH!!

Of every single special in any fighting game ever, Rugal’s Genocide Cutter is by far my favorite of favorite special moves.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

>Omega Rugal
    >Free DLC

OK NOW ITS TIME TO RETURN TO KOF

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Couldn't find a thread for SNK proper, so I guess this is most applicable. News comes via this article.

Saudi Arabia now owns 96% of SNK Corporation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niche Gamer
    The new filing, via SNK’s Korean business operations division, confirms Saudi Arabia now owns 96% of SNK Corporation, upping their original stake of 33% from back in 2020.

As per the original acquisition for SNK Corporation, the financial transactions are handled by Saudi Arabia’s Electronic Gaming Development Company, of whom the sole owner and shareholder is Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohamed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud.

This effectively makes iconic Japanese developer SNK Corporation a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Mohamed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud Foundation.

The original transaction and filing confirming Saudi Arabia now owns 96% of SNK Corporation was actually submitted back in February 2022, but only just now got revealed publicly.

Saudi Arabia’s crown prince originally wanted to get at least 51% stake with SNK Corporation, giving them majority control of the Japanese company – only now Saudi Arabia now owns 96% of SNK Corporation.

Other previous and large acquisitions in gaming companies by Saudi Arabia’s crown prince included over $1 billion into both Capcom and Nexon, as well as over $3 billion into other large game developers like Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, and even Take-Two.

As such, Microsoft’s new acquisition for Activision Blizzard will net the Mohamed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud Foundation a nice profit if the acquisition is completed, due to the rise in value for their stocks compared to when the crown prince bought shares in the company.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

They better leave Mai alone!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If they ever put Mai in a full hijab I would laugh my ass off.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

He knows better. He's buying massive shares in gaming industries to diversify his nation's revenue stream, since so many nations won't buy Saudi oil because of you know, the atrocities and human rights abuse.

Some game companies have received pretty substantial pushback for signing on with him as well. I remember when Riot got blown up and had to back out of an investment partnership with him after fans and players threatened to boycott.

Mai ain't gettin' no Hijab, though, lol. Nintendo is worse than him anyway on that regard. They just flat-out didn't put her in Smash.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

But Smash is for good little boys and girls!

Nintendo likely didn’t care if Mai was in Smash or not. Considering the switch has a lot of hentai visual novel games, albeit censored versions.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

It was less about "Nintendo hates tiddies" and more about "Cero ratings are fucking important in Japan". Mai's outfit would have raised the Cero rating, and Sakurai wasn't willing to censor her for it, especially as he fucking loves KoF and was annoyed by the entire thing.

Big N aren't prudes at all, but Cero ratings on games expected to sell in the tens of millions are too important to ignore.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

True, this was proven when a Bemani rhythm game i used to play, Beatmania IIDX, they removed the music videos for 2 songs due to the Cero rating coulda spiked it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yes to ALL of that. Take notes, Capcom!

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just out of principal, I can't support anything SNK does anymore. When MiSK Foundation bought them out and the literal person who owns that is the "Prince" that had a journalist killed for doing his job. Sorry. You have lost me forever as a customer. Only way I would ever buy this is as a used physical copy so literal human garbage doesn't get my money. Like I know no corporations are great, but this is just something else entirely.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At the way things are going ethical consumption is gonna leave you just staring at a blank wall in a few years.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    At the way things are going ethical consumption is gonna leave you just staring at a blank wall in a few years.
    Oh I'm well aware. The consolidation is just rapidly shrinking consumer choice. Embracer Group/Microsoft/etc is a prime example of that recently. Shit, I still buy Nestle products and they are terrible. But i feel slightly less terrible. Contradictory? Quite possibly, but I think everyone has their line in the sand that they draw. Come 10 years from now there might only be 3 companies that publish games and all of them are garbage tier.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I can never stay mad at anything fatal fury related.