+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fall Season Anime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

What's worse is

Spoilers for manga below
    Spoiler: show
    When we reach the point where Goblin Slayer has to defend a farm on an open plain against a proper goblin horde and needs to appeal to the entire guild for help (including several other Silver ranked adventurers who they absolutely needed to win the fight), the Guild decides to subsidize the quest at an exorbitant rate (1GP per goblin head) to get people to participate.

If the Guild is holding on to a large enough gold reserve to pull out all the stops like this, why aren't they subsidizing Goblin kill quests? The whole rationale for their low value in-universe is that the people who are most at risk are poor and unable to offer a substantial bounty for clearing goblin nests. All they'd have to do is offer a couple extra GP out of the guild coffers for each quest to be financially viable for more experienced parties. Tax higher ranking quests and redistribute the wealth to fund goblin extermination. It's like civilization 101.

GS so far isn't anywhere near as good as the manga. They're cutting so much out. And why the fuck is GS the only CG character...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What do you mean, it's almost 1:1 atm

And they prob CG'd him in a bunch of scenes to cut down on time

I suspect it's for the same reason Berserk went the CG route, too. The MC's design is simply heavily detail oriented compared to a lot of other characters. Though, it certainly can be a bit jarring when positioned next to the drawn stuff given CG's typical stiffness. For now, the goblins tend to bug me more than GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    What do you mean, it's almost 1:1 atm

And they prob CG'd him in a bunch of scenes to cut down on time
    More like .5:1. It's skipping a lot of details and a little nuance here and there. Ex: the nest in the 2nd episode was explained to be an old elf tree, and that's why it would burn so well. There was a party that went in first that they learned about from the guild. He explained that they were most likely already dead and she shoudln't worry about them burning it down.

He's CG'd in scenes where they're all hand drawn... and then in a following scene he's hand drawn <_>

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah but, those details don't really matter. It's like the 2 page back stories, each of the members from the first party got, it woulda bogged the 1st ep down without really adding anything

He's CG'd in scenes where they're all hand drawn... and then in a following scene he's hand drawn <_>
    Yeah just a time thing and with the armour it doesn't look that bad usually(tho the ED is p clunky looking)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thoughts so far:

Goblin Slayer: Awesome, love a good fantasy series, the dynamic between the 2 main charas is adorable (yes I just used adorable to describe Goblin Slayer)

Reincarnated as a Slime:
    Funny, consistently entertaining, thought it was gonna be shit but it's actually creative and feels like something new

Bloom into You: Beautiful, best OP this season? Great direction and realistic characters which is good for a show that is about relationships

Iroduku Sekai: Also beautiful, but sloooooooow, soooo s l o w. Afraid it will lose its charm and become a regular school drama thing but it's so damn pretty I'll watch it all anyway.

Bunny girl senpai: Also thought this was gonna be shit, but is actually awesome. However, I think it's basically just a remake of Haruhi. It certainly "borrows liberally" from it at any rate.

Zombieland Saga: Ok I only watched one ep of this but it's so stupid lol. I'll watch more and if it continues to be funny I won't drop it but damn does it fall into the "so stupid it's good" category.

Akanesasu Shoujo: Only watched 1 ep so far, has potential but I can see it being one of those shows that has a great idea and terrible execution.

Conception: Hoped from the cool poster art that this would be interesting. spoiler: it's not. Dropped after first ep.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Goblin Slayer is p much Darkest Dungeon. Waiting for elf girl to go insane lol.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Honda-san is also gr8, short eps and really funny

Speaking of maybe shows that I'm not sure about:

Reincarnated as a Slime is OK, it's not very smart but it does have a slightly fresh look at things. Main character acts like he's 13 and postures for no reason that I can think of which slows things down considerably. Otherwise, it's the same as any other Isekai, probably won't watch for very long since it might just devolve.

Irozuku Sekai looks very impressive and could be really good, but they're so flaky with the magic and you can tell it just wants to slide into the background but it's the only interesting thing about it so hopefully it doesn't just become a school drama.

Zombieland I think I'll like as long as it doesn't turn into a normal idol show...I think it both will and won't, but I'll keep watching to see what it becomes. It's still pretty fucking stupid but I can't hate Okabe Rintaro having so much fun being a fucking idiot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've been enjoying Goblin Slayer and the fact that so many people seem triggered or pretend to be triggered by it makes it all the more good.

Zombieland Saga def falls into the so stupid its good category for me right now.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Speaking of maybe shows that I'm not sure about:

Reincarnated as a Slime is OK, it's not very smart but it does have a slightly fresh look at things. Main character acts like he's 13 and postures for no reason that I can think of which slows things down considerably. Otherwise, it's the same as any other Isekai, probably won't watch for very long since it might just devolve.

Irozuku Sekai looks very impressive and could be really good, but they're so flaky with the magic and you can tell it just wants to slide into the background but it's the only interesting thing about it so hopefully it doesn't just become a school drama.

Zombieland I think I'll like as long as it doesn't turn into a normal idol show...I think it both will and won't, but I'll keep watching to see what it becomes. It's still pretty fucking stupid but I can't hate Okabe Rintaro having so much fun being a fucking idiot.
    Go read Reincarnated as a Slime

Considering the characters its showing and its like 24? episodes long series, its going to get to the Orc lord and Demon fighting parts... and then end it in some way probably... depending on how well its doing in Japan I guess, or it may just go for a 2nd season.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Zombie Land Saga is hilarious.

Am I remembering GS wrong? I thought the farm raid happened before the sewers... Maybe I'm just remembering wrong <_>;

Also actually enjoying SAO lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I got bored and binged all current 9 episodes of Bunny-Senpai today. On one hand I enjoyed it. On the other, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to draw parallels and rip-offs from other series (mainly Haruhi, Oregairu and Monogatari). The MC is more or less a mix of Araragi from Monogatari and Hikigaya from Oregairu. His love interest is a mediocre version of best girl Senjougahara. He has a weird flirty relationship with a very busty nerdy girl who's issue is split personalities aka Hanekawa. Like Hikigaya and Kyon from Haruhi, he has a seemingly wonderful, big brother loving little sister. There was also an arc where the MC had to help a kouhai which was super reminiscent of Iroha from Oregairu BUT it was combined with fucking Endless Eight (which filled me with dread when I realized what was happeneing).

The only character that's relatively unique as far as I'm concerned so far is his jock guy best friend who doesn't really have a parallel from the 3 shows I compared it to above. Closest would probably be Koizumi from Haruhi but even that is a big stretch.

And yet, despite all that I still enjoy watching it >_>

Edit: Also, enjoying Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru so far too. Not as thrilling or exciting as Haikyuu (which is also done by Production I.G.) but is still pretty enjoyable in its own way

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh hey it's One Night Carnival

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So 11 episodes in, Reincarnated as a Slime is still pretty awesome. I ended up binge reading the Web Novel to the end (which was.... interesting >_>), and having done that I'm really curious how far this series will end up going especially with what's shown in the OP.

Clearly it shows Rimuru fighting Hinata in the opening which is still a bit of a ways away, what with fighting the Orc army still, Milim still needing to be introduced, establishing Youmu as a hero, fighting Charybdis, going to meet+save the kids, introducing Ramiris and then FINALLY fighting Hinata lol. But does it end with him finding Shion (plus 100 other villagers) dead? Or do we get to see Rimuru massacre 10,000 soldiers, summon Diablo (who I REALLY want to see), ascend to a demon lord and have Wisdom King Raphael be created, all his named monsters evolving further and capping it off with Veldora being released? As much as I want to see all that, I think the latter might be a bit much given this series is going what? 24 episodes?

If it gets a 2nd season with another 2 cours, would love to see the Labyrinth be created, the Colosseum tournament and hrm... I guess the Eastern Empire invasion with Rimuru fighting a captured Veldora and absorbing him directly and evolving again from a Demon Lord to True Dragon or whatever. But again, that seems like a LOT of content >_>

I kinda fell off Slime for a bit. It's doing better than I expected but it's still basic isekai. The only saving grace this season are the goblins.

Gobta is pretty awesome, I'd watch a show just about him. The rest is pretty lame and expected. Except replace all the human elements with slightly less humans (then don't, and just have big tittied humans err I mean ogres fighting over the harem master.)