+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fall Season Anime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I kinda fell off Slime for a bit. It's doing better than I expected but it's still basic isekai. The only saving grace this season are the goblins.

Gobta is pretty awesome, I'd watch a show just about him. The rest is pretty lame and expected. Except replace all the human elements with slightly less humans (then don't, and just have big tittied humans err I mean ogres fighting over the harem master.)
    I was screaming at the screen during one of the last episodes when it was literally just two people sitting stationary and talking to each other the entire episode. I might as well just read the goddamn light novel! This is not how you do exposition in film!

Yeah, this anime has a few problems. It's still mostly enjoyable, and OP protagonists can be fun, but I vastly prefer the straight fantasy Goblin Slayer to Slime.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

See I’m on the opposite side. I find goblin slayer so boring so far. Slime I like because it has a lot more humour and is clearly playing up the tropes more then taking them overly seriously

Goblin Slayer is fine, it's the opposite of Slime but both are pretty fun depending on what you're looking for. I'm probably more interested in Goblin Slayer but that's because Slime makes me roll my eyes at least once an episode lol

Having said that there's a good amount of fun stuff to watch this season, though nothing really to talk about.

Jojo and Zombieland Saga are still fun, Bunny Girl is fine, Golden Kamuy continues to be the weirdest shit ever, and a couple other shows too.

GS had it's moments but overall the manga is a million times better.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Read the GS manga too, aside from some extra lore tidbits I don't see that much difference between the manga and the anime. I do like the manga a bit more, but I wouldn't go so far as to say a million times better. As an adaptation, the GS anime isn't lacking very much.

I prefer it over Slime because the premise of a guy who does nothing but think about how to kill what are essentially trash mobs in the most creative ways possible makes me laugh ten times more (and also the excellent choice of waifus).

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think what hooked me on Slime was how specific the WN got with power increases and ability updates and evolutions and etc, etc. The anime hasn't dabbled into it much at all really, but the WN has a strong RPG feel to it which is my fetish >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Read the GS manga too, aside from some extra lore tidbits I don't see that much difference between the manga and the anime. I do like the manga a bit more, but I wouldn't go so far as to say a million times better. As an adaptation, the GS anime isn't lacking very much.

I prefer it over Slime because the premise of a guy who does nothing but think about how to kill what are essentially trash mobs in the most creative ways possible makes me laugh ten times more (and also the excellent choice of waifus).
    I disagree. I feel like there's so many details and little things that add a lot to the story that help build it more than what it currently is.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, this week's episode of Goblin Slayer was pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Okay, this week's episode of Goblin Slayer was pretty awesome
    100% Agree. I kind of wish they did the GK's back story and explain it a bit and subtitle what they were saying like they did in the manga, but overall it was really well done.

I get the feeling after episode 1 they're trying really hard not to trigger the internet. It doesn't matter to me either way, I'll be checking out the manga after it finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I get the feeling after episode 1 they're trying really hard not to trigger the internet. It doesn't matter to me either way, I'll be checking out the manga after it finishes.
    Yeah, that much was obvious. They completely toned the show down which is sad.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

But wouldn't most of the production have been planned (if not finished already) before episode 1 even aired?

Yeah, there's no way this shit is animated in a week alone. At the very least, I'd say they'd have half a dozen episodes out of the way.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Reincarnated as a Slime this week was also very awesome.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Well, I was going to make a winter anime post, but the forums crashing when I do... I'll try later O_o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4