+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 132 FirstFirst ... 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

also my friend quit the game because he couldn’t beat it so i look forward to sending him condescending messages about me beating it for him

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Returnal DLC and co op yes please!

So excited for this!

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Did they say anything about the new PS+? I must have missed it.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They did not

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03...tudios-family/
    https://www.havenstudios.com/en

Sony has acquired indie Haven Studios who is helmed by Jade Raymond (AssCreed 1 & 2/Watch_Dogs/Far Cry 4).

One year ago this month, we embarked on a journey to start Haven Studios with a small team and big ambitions. Our goal was to build a studio where we could make the kind of games we’ve always wanted to create – and games we’ve longed to play!

We’ve made amazing progress in a short time thanks to our talented, passionate team and their exceptional contributions. We established a culture at Haven grounded in kindness, adaptability and courage that unlocks creativity. Our first new IP for PlayStation is on track to deliver a AAA multiplayer experience with a vision to build a systemic and evolving world focused on freedom, thrill, and playfulness that will keep players entertained and engaged for years.

Today, the Haven team begins a new phase of our journey, as part of the PlayStation Studios family. Working with Hermen, Connie Booth and the team at PlayStation over the past year has been a career highlight. SIE is a supportive partner that truly understands the creative process and what it takes to make a blockbuster AAA game. They have empowered and encouraged us to bring our bold vision to life and make our dreams come true and we could not be more thrilled about this opportunity to strengthen our partnership.

As a SIE first-party studio, we will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the world’s most renowned development teams, including studios like Guerrilla, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, and Insomniac Games, the creators of games that have inspired us as players and developers for years. We’re excited to learn from these world-class studios, as well as the exceptional central creative, technology and marketing teams whose expertise will enable us to deliver even better games to players.

To our Haven team – a huge thank you. It’s been one of the most rewarding years of my career – and to the players out there, we can’t wait to share more. We’re just at the beginning of what is sure to be a wondrous adventure that will span generations.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03...r/#sf255029422

Three-tiered PS+ Sub unveiled;

PlayStation Plus Essential
    • Benefits:
      • Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
        • Two monthly downloadable games
        • Exclusive discounts
        • Cloud storage for saved games
        • Online multiplayer access
      • There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.
    • Price* for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
      • United States
        • $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
      • Europe
        • €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
      • United Kingdom
        • £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly
      • Japan
        • ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra
    • Benefits:
      • Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
      • Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.
    • Price*:
      • United States
        • $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
      • Europe
        • €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
      • United Kingdom
        • £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
      • Japan
        • ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium**
    • Benefits:
      • Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
      • Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
        • PS3 games available via cloud streaming
        • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations
      • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.***
      • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
    • Price*:
      • United States
        • $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
      • Europe
        • €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
      • United Kingdom
        • £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
      • Japan
        • ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
      • PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.
    The new Extra and Premium tiers represent a major evolution for PlayStation Plus. With these tiers, our key focus is to ensure that the hundreds of games we offer will include the best quality content that sets us apart. At launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal. We’re working closely with our imaginative developers from PlayStation Studios and third-party partners to include some of the best gaming experiences available with a library that will be regularly refreshed. More details to come on the games we’ll have on our new PlayStation Plus service.

When the new PlayStation Plus service launches, PlayStation Now will transition into the new PlayStation Plus offering and will no longer be available as a standalone service. PlayStation Now customers will migrate over to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch.

As this is a massive launch effort, we’re rolling out the new PlayStation Plus offering in a phased regional approach. In the June timeframe, we’ll begin with an initial launch in several markets in Asia, followed by North America, Europe and the rest of the world where PlayStation Plus is offered. We aim to have most PlayStation Network territories live with our new PlayStation Plus game subscription service by the end of the first half of 2022. We also plan to expand our cloud streaming benefit to additional markets, and will provide more details at a later date.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...t-into-ps-plus

No Day 1 releases for PS+

"We feel like we are in a good virtuous cycle with the studios," explains PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan, "where the investment delivers success, which enables yet more investment, which delivers yet more success. We like that cycle and we think our gamers like that cycle."

He continues: "[In terms of] putting our own games into this service, or any of our services, upon their release... as you well know, this is not a road that we've gone down in the past. And it's not a road that we're going to go down with this new service. We feel if we were to do that with the games that we make at PlayStation Studios, that virtuous cycle will be broken. The level of investment that we need to make in our studios would not be possible, and we think the knock-on effect on the quality of the games that we make would not be something that gamers want."
    After reading the whole interview, Jim Ryan seems out of touch with the consumer.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Thanks, I hate it. I'll buy a year subscription on discount on black Friday, play the shit out of some oldies, and never touch it again until they figure out how to compete with game pass.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Really need to see a game list to decide how I feel. PS3 games are prolly what I'm most interested in since I missed most of that generation. There's still the question of how upgrading works if you've already got some sub time banked too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Really need to see a game list to decide how I feel. PS3 games are prolly what I'm most interested in since I missed most of that generation.
    It's basically everything available on PS Now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’m still just tryin’ to find a ps5 though

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Really a missed opportunity with the idiotic namic convention they chose to not call the tier after "PS Plus Extra", "PS Plus Ultra."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Really a missed opportunity with the idiotic namic convention they chose to not call the tier after "PS Plus Extra", "PS Plus Ultra."
    Premium is called Deluxe for countries that don't have access to PS Now. So, there is that.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is trash. I cancelled my PS+ a while back and I definitely won't be getting this either. If anyone buys into this, they are pulling the wool over their own eyes. But I somehow suspect Sony fanboys will eat it up.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Depending on the selection of older games, I may get it on a steep r/gamesale grey market pricing, but not at that full retail price.

BG Level

it's aight, depends on what the modern gen library is like. otherwise just a pricey emulator. better than Nintendo's shit, doesn't touch Game Pass.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm pretty sure it's just going to be the majority of PS1/2 games on there that are already on PSNow. It's still shitty they are charging for access when MS has provided basically every game for free so long as you have it.

Different companies/values and all, but I'm not a fan.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

idk guys I would personally love to pay $20/mo to stream PS1 PS2 PS3 games on PC because there's definitely no way to play them for free right now

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I'm going to keep my PS+ sub but not upgrading to this garbage. More money just so I can play games I've probably already played or are not interested in? I'll pass thanks. There might be a few I'm sure but nothing you couldn't get on Amazon for 10 bucks.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just going to be the majority of PS1/2 games on there that are already on PSNow.
    It literally says this in the announcement. PS Now is getting phased out and will become PS+ Premium tier. So everything about the numbers of games, including the PS3 titles, is just current PS Now offerings.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps...l-ps-now-games

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag