Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

HBO Max - AT&T & WarnerMedia's Streaming Service - May 2020

Would Have Access to the Entire Warner Library
    The organization (formerly Time Warner) has several TV-content networks under its umbrella, including HBO, Turner, and Warner Bros. Turner's assets include CNN, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, and others. Warner Bros. produces series such as The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, and The Bachelor for distribution on other networks, as well as feature films like Crazy Rich Asians, Wonder Woman, Blade Runner 2049, Ready Player One, and Dunkirk. Warner Bros. also owns DC Comics.

And of course HBO produces original series like Game of Thrones, Sex and the City, Westworld, Silicon Valley, and others, plus documentaries and other films and specials.

WarnerMedia was acquired by communications and media behemoth AT&T in June. As viewers change habits and shift to skipping cable providers, networks like HBO and Turner that have traditionally depended on fees cable television providers pay for their content have begun shifting their focus to "direct-to-consumer" distribution via streaming video in an effort to survive the transition.

The new service would be closer in scale to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or the upcoming Disney streaming service than it would be to channel-specific services like HBO Now or CBS All Access.
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...r-warner-bros/

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

everyone wants to make their own streaming service until people decide to just read books again

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

All this streaming service crap is just going to be costing people more money. I'm waiting for cable companies to go out of business on their TV packages

Yeah, fuck subscription fatigue.

Banned.

BG Level

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.

User was infracted for this post.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

terrorist

Ridill
    BG Level

I am intrigued by the proxa post, as uninteresting as it may have originally been.

On topic; I agree with the too many subscription services but unfortunately that seems to be the way the world is going. Like, do I seriously need three different services just to watch anime? I might as well be pirating that shit again. Although... if it gets to a point where I can deal with comcast even just a little less, the price might be worth it. (Until you have to stream through them. Then it'll be a horrible, horrible nightmare. )

Time for downloading soon...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: DC Universe to be Absorbed into the AT&T/WB Service After Budget Issues Arise
    https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...tion-cut-short

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Combines content Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, & Looney Tunes. Dune: The Sisterhood, Gremlins animated series, and Friends (Netflix loses access in 2020) have also been announced for the platform.

Los Angeles, CA – WarnerMedia today unveiled HBO Max as the name of its new streaming service, which will offer an impressive direct-to-consumer experience for everyone ranging from families with young children to adults of all ages. Anchored with and inspired by the legacy of HBO’s excellence and award-winning storytelling, the new service will be “Maximized” with an extensive collection of exclusive original programming (Max Originals) and the best-of-the-best from WarnerMedia’s enormous portfolio of beloved brands and libraries.

New deals with Warner Bros. Television and others for HBO Max announced today include:
    • The exclusive streaming rights at launch to all 236 episodes of “Friends” — one of the biggest hits on television and in streaming
    • The exclusive streaming rights at launch to all episodes of fan favorites “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” and “Pretty Little Liars”
    • The exclusive streaming home to a string of new Warner Bros.’ produced dramas for The CW beginning with the fall 2019 season, including the highly-anticipated new DC Entertainment series “Batwoman,” and “Katy Keene” (spinoff of “Riverdale”)
    • New exclusive movie production deals with Greg Berlanti, one of Hollywood’s most prolific and successful producers, and Reese Witherspoon, Academy Award® and Emmy Award®-winning actress and producer; Berlanti will produce an initial four movies focused in the young adult space, while Witherspoon's Hello Sunshine will produce at least two films

HBO Max, scheduled to launch commercially in spring of 2020, is anticipated to premiere with 10,000 hours of premium content.

“HBO Max will bring together the diverse riches of WarnerMedia to create programming and user experiences not seen before in a streaming platform. HBO’s world-class programming leads the way, the quality of which will be the guiding principle for our new array of Max Originals, our exciting acquisitions, and the very best of the Warner Bros. libraries, starting with the phenomenon that is ‘Friends,’” said Robert Greenblatt, chairman, WarnerMedia Entertainment and Direct-To-Consumer.

“Under the leadership of two of the strongest creative visionaries — Casey Bloys (HBO) and Kevin Reilly (original content and acquisitions) — and two of the most experienced digital experts — Tony Goncalves and Andy Forssell — I have no doubt they and their dedicated teams will deliver the world’s best storytelling to audiences of all ages wherever and whenever they want it.”

Max Original series previously announced include:
    • “Dune: The Sisterhood,” an adaptation of Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson’s book based in the world created by Frank Herbert’s book Dune, from director Denis Villeneuve
    • “Tokyo Vice,” based on Jake Adelstein’s non-fiction first-hand account of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police beat starring Ansel Elgort
    • “The Flight Attendant,” a one-hour thriller series based on the novel by Chris Bohjalian, which will star Kaley Cuoco, who is also executive producing alongside Greg Berlanti
    • “Love Life,” a 10-episode half-hour romantic comedy anthology series starring “Pitch Perfect” star Anna Kendrick, who will also executive produce alongside Paul Feig
    • “Station Eleven,” a postapocalyptic limited series based on Emily St. John Mandel’s international bestseller, adapted by Patrick Somerville and directed by Hiro Murai
    • “Made for Love,” a 10-episode, half-hour, straight-to-series adaptation based on the tragicomic novel of the same name by Alissa Nutting, also from Somerville and directed by S.J. Clarkson
    • “Gremlins,” an animated series from Warner Bros. Animation and Amblin Entertainment based on the original movie

Highlights of HBO programming previously announced for 2020 and 2021 include:
    • Stephen King’s “The Outsider,” a dark mystery starring Ben Mendelsohn, produced and directed by Jason Bateman
    • “Lovecraft Country,” a unique horror series based on a novel by Matt Ruff, written and executive produced by Misha Green, and executive produced by Jordan Peele and J.J. Abrams
    • “The Nevers,” Joss Whedon’s new science fiction series starring Laura Donnelly
    • “The Gilded Age,” the opulent world of 1885 New York from “Downton Abbey’s” Julian Fellowes
    • “Avenue 5,” high satire aboard a space-bound cruise ship from Armando Iannucci (“Veep”), starring Hugh Laurie and Josh Gad
    • “The Undoing,” a psychological thriller from David E. Kelley, directed by Susanne Bier starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant
    • “The Plot Against America,” reimagined history based on Phillip Roth’s novel written and executive produced by David Simon and Ed Burns, starring Winona Ryder and John Turturro
    • “Perry Mason,” the classic legal drama for a new generation, executive produced by Robert Downey, Jr. and Susan Downey, with Matthew Rhys in the title role
    • “I Know This Much Is True,” a complex family drama starring Mark Ruffalo playing twin brothers, one of whom has schizophrenia, based on the best-selling novel by Wally Lamb, written and directed by Derek Cianfrance.

Casey Bloys, programming president of HBO, continues to oversee content on the HBO service, with investment in HBO original programming having been increased 50% over normal spending.

Kevin Reilly, president of the Warner Media Entertainment Networks that include TNT, TBS, and truTV, also serves as chief content officer of HBO Max overseeing all new Max Originals and library content.

Tony Goncalves, CEO of Otter Media, now oversees the development of HBO Max with Andy Forssell, also from Otter Media and formerly CEO of Hulu, as the general manager.
    https://www.warnermediagroup.com/new...ervice-hbo-max

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm still curious if this will be a replacement for CBS All Access and HBO. Like if its the new umbrella app for everything.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Read that they are getting exclusive rights to stream South Park starting 2022.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://gizmodo.com/hbo-go-will-be-k...eek-1844547321

HBO Go will merge into Max on July 31st. The Go app will no longer function, though. Additionally, HBO's contract with Fire TV also ends on the 31st.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NBC News: 'Harry Potter' on HBO Max? Not anymore. Welcome to the new streamer chaos..
    https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...os-ncna1238701

The Harry Potter collection left the service on August 25th. The films will appear on NBC's Peacock in October, then leave in November. They will appear on a different streaming service in 2021.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tiny Toons was such a niche cartoon. I remember watching it as a kid but I never thought it was popular enough to reboot. Some of the characters are fine but not sure how they will deal with Elmyra since her "smothering love" for animals was borderline animal abuse. Also Fifi being like Pepe to where she doesn't understand that "no" means "no"...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Unicorn: Warriors Eternal.
    Get excited for Unicorn: Warriors Eternal, a new series with @hbomax and #CartoonNetwork. From #GenndyTartakovsky, (creator of Dexter’s Laboratory, Primal, and Samurai Jack) Unicorn follows a team of ancient heroes here to protect the world from darkness.
    Yes more Genndy shows

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Tiny Toons was such a niche cartoon. I remember watching it as a kid but I never thought it was popular enough to reboot. Some of the characters are fine but not sure how they will deal with Elmyra since her "smothering love" for animals was borderline animal abuse. Also Fifi being like Pepe to where she doesn't understand that "no" means "no"...
    It gave us that drunk driving episode though lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag