Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

AT&T & WarnerMedia's Streaming Service - Q4 2019

Would Have Access to the Entire Warner Library
    The organization (formerly Time Warner) has several TV-content networks under its umbrella, including HBO, Turner, and Warner Bros. Turner's assets include CNN, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, and others. Warner Bros. produces series such as The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, and The Bachelor for distribution on other networks, as well as feature films like Crazy Rich Asians, Wonder Woman, Blade Runner 2049, Ready Player One, and Dunkirk. Warner Bros. also owns DC Comics.

And of course HBO produces original series like Game of Thrones, Sex and the City, Westworld, Silicon Valley, and others, plus documentaries and other films and specials.

WarnerMedia was acquired by communications and media behemoth AT&T in June. As viewers change habits and shift to skipping cable providers, networks like HBO and Turner that have traditionally depended on fees cable television providers pay for their content have begun shifting their focus to "direct-to-consumer" distribution via streaming video in an effort to survive the transition.

The new service would be closer in scale to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or the upcoming Disney streaming service than it would be to channel-specific services like HBO Now or CBS All Access.
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...r-warner-bros/

Ranger
    2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

everyone wants to make their own streaming service until people decide to just read books again

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

All this streaming service crap is just going to be costing people more money. I'm waiting for cable companies to go out of business on their TV packages

Yeah, fuck subscription fatigue.

Banned.

BG Level

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.

User was infracted for this post.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

terrorist

Ridill
    BG Level

I am intrigued by the proxa post, as uninteresting as it may have originally been.

On topic; I agree with the too many subscription services but unfortunately that seems to be the way the world is going. Like, do I seriously need three different services just to watch anime? I might as well be pirating that shit again. Although... if it gets to a point where I can deal with comcast even just a little less, the price might be worth it. (Until you have to stream through them. Then it'll be a horrible, horrible nightmare. )

Time for downloading soon...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag