+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

AMC the movie theatre chain and AMC the television network are completely different companies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Cineworld/Regal Cinema;

Cineworld was aware of WB’s plan to release Wonder Woman directly to its streaming service, which has been announced at a time when our cinemas remain closed in the US (Regal) and UK (Cineworld). We are very encouraged by the giant steps achieved recently with regards to the COVID-19 vaccination process, which is expected to be put in place earlier than previously anticipated. This will generate significant relief for our industry and enable our cinemas to make a great comeback. We believe that at such a time WB will look to reach an agreement about the proper window and terms that will work for both sides. Big movies are made for the big screen and we cannot wait to reopen our cinemas in Q1 in order to offer our customers, as always, the best place to watch a movie.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Q1 huh?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Q1 huh?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    WB pushing them to open their doors faster.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My take from this is that I didn’t know Sherlock Holmes 3 was even close to being released. Last I heard it was still just a possibility.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Just saw an ad that thru mid-January you can get a six month sub for 69.99, which is ~20% off.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...rner-bros-plan

When Warner announced the change for 2021, they had made no renegotiations with studios or talent for compensation. What they did do though, which will hurt them, was when Wonder Woman was moved, it paid millions to talent and other working on the film before the announcement was made.

Much of this outrage will surely be mitigated if WarnerMedia is prepared to write big checks to all the profit participants in the films that have been moved. “It’s a critical time for them, at the highest level, to make this right with the talent,” says one rep. But agents say the guidance that’s been provided so far suggests that the company isn’t planning to offer what is now called "Wonder Woman money," in honor of the rich deal the studio gave profit participants in Wonder Woman 1984 when that film was moved to HBO Max.

WarnerMedia had to shovel tens of millions at Gal Godot and the other key players because the company wants a third in the series. But that sets the bar high. Sources say even Suicide Squad director James Gunn, who is platform-agnostic, was not pleased when the studio followed its shocking announcement by floating a lackluster formula for compensating him and other profit participants in the film.

At minimum, WarnerMedia has opened the door to arduous negotiations with the major agencies over compensation for multiple profit participants in 17 movies.
    The tl:dr for the entire article is that the announcement is huge for film fans and absolutely sucks for content creators plus talent who had compensation tied to a theater-first release schedule.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The film industry has delayed it as long as they could but eventually they are going to run out of films that were produced and canned pre-COVID. Trying to convince people to get back to work while a pandemic is still going on and giving them dirty deals isn’t going to be very enticing to the people who already had fuck you money. Expect to see a lot of new, young faces headlining films in the next couple of years.

Ridill
    BG Level

The film industry is a pretty tight knit group with a lot of union-like qualities. If the industry as a whole decides they don’t like what HBO is trying to do and they “boycott” it and the companies decide to try and push ahead with a lot of new talent, they’re are going to have a really rough time of it.

HBO definitely should have tried to bridge the gap between “the old way” and “fuck you were gonna release it to streaming without any feedback from you” a lot better than this, especially if they’re handling their other movies how they handled Kong v Godzilla.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The rest of the industry isn't just up and decide they aren't gonna work for fucking Warner anymore. They're the second largest film studio in the world (granted they are way way behind Disney like the rest of the industry).

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This has been in the works from every major studio for at least a decade covid is finally giving them the excuse to pull the trigger. The Nolans of the world need to get over it and accept that this is the future.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If anything, this is going to lead to huge war between all the unions/guilds vs the studios in the next set of contract talks when it comes to residuals on digital media platforms. I 100% expect a strike from SAG-AFTRA, Equity, and the Writer's Guild (and more) over the revenue generated from films going direct to Disney+, WarnerMedia/HBO Max, Peacock/NBC Universal, etc. I think Netflix is the only one that comes out unscathed since their platform was already established with revenue splits despite Netflix ruffling feathers over Academy Award classifications (derp we release a title in 1 theater, therefore lol can win movie awards)

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Like someone above said, this has been inevitable. Covid just sped things up.

Movie theaters have been dying a slow death for a while now. VOD is the future.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Hallelujah! The app is finally on PS5!

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/13...134679552?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

too early for its own thread imo, so here seemed most relevant
    https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1352342202056400898

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Per Kevin Smith, A Sequel Series to Batman: The Animated Series is in Development
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jePG...nel=KevinSmith

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

We had one. It was an awesome series called Batman Beyond.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag