BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Hey guys, guess what? The Pistons swept the Raptors this year! I know I know regular season games, TOR not at FULL power, Casey in the playoffs, etc but man those games were LIT. As of right now Pistons would play the 76ers. I do NOT want that!

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Dirk passed Wilt Chamberlain for 6th all-time points

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Omg did everyone see what Curry did last night? He made a 60ft 3 pointer! The Warriors lost to the Spurs, but wow what a 3 pointer! LOL

Also the Spurs are currently in 5th.

Pop for COTY.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Warriors are now tied with the Nuggets for 1st in the West.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BG Level

west is wildin. only 3.5 games seperating 3-8.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Omg did everyone see what Curry did last night? He made a 60ft 3 pointer! The Warriors lost to the Spurs, but wow what a 3 pointer! LOL

Also the Spurs are currently in 5th.

Pop for COTY.
    From inside the 3-point line.... in his defensive zone +_+.

Also, in regard to the Spurs league history tying 22-consecutive playoff appearances, this stat is fucking nuts

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

PURO PINCHE SPURS !

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wonder what magic thinks about deangelo russell these days

let's also not forget:

"D'Angelo is an excellent player," Johnson said Friday when the Lakers introduced their top draft pick, point guard Lonzo Ball, at their practice facility. "He has the talent to be an All-Star. We want to thank him for what he did for us. But what I needed was a leader. I needed somebody also that can make the other players better and also [somebody] that players want to play with."

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If he didn't expose Swaggy-P for being an asshole who cheats on his girlfriends he'd still be in purple and gold.

One of the funnier comments I saw on one of the highlight vids

"This is Magic's biggest mistake since hitting shawty raw"

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

*getting fucked by that poz dude

(is likely more accurate but who knows)

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I brought it up earlier in this thread, and someone else pointed out that shipping Russell out was the price for shedding Mozgof's terrible contract. Together it created room for the third max (though it seems like the NBA is deadset against letting the Lakers ever getting to use a second max slot much less a third)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post

LA party scenes in the 80's were probably insane so could be. also coulda been using IV drugs, right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post

LA party scenes in the 80's were probably insane so could be. also coulda been using IV drugs, right?

BG Level

you really blaming the NBA for the Lakers fuckin up

you failed to convince George to come home then told yourselves it was for the best anyways he wasn't that good

you and Bron and Rich and co tried to strong-arm the Pellies into trading their superstar and they told you to go fuck yourselves

the Mozgov contract only existed because you thought a plodding 30-year old with an injury history who averaged 17 mpg deserved $65 million in the modern nba

and if you had stuck with Russell you could have drafted Tatum over Ball. i'm not a scientist but a Russell-Tatum-Bron core with room for another max seems a lot more promising than the sub-.500 team and cap space you're going into the offseason with

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

sounds like some laker fans need to read this lmao

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ng-look-mirror

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    you really blaming the NBA for the Lakers fuckin up

you failed to convince George to come home then told yourselves it was for the best anyways he wasn't that good

you and Bron and Rich and co tried to strong-arm the Pellies into trading their superstar and they told you to go fuck yourselves

the Mozgov contract only existed because you thought a plodding 30-year old with an injury history who averaged 17 mpg deserved $65 million in the modern nba

and if you had stuck with Russell you could have drafted Tatum over Ball. i'm not a scientist but a Russell-Tatum-Bron core with room for another max seems a lot more promising than the sub-.500 team and cap space you're going into the offseason with
    I recognize fully that such front offices are of course obligated to pursue the optimal yield possible, but can you deny there is almost a dogged determination on parts of other front offices to honor trade requests in any way besides trading to LA? No one wants to be the next Grizzlies Gasol trade where they deliver LA their necessary piece. The Pelicans standing pat is most understandable because Boston has the best offer and they seemed willing to move even without assurances from AD, but the Spurs could have taken the opportunity to rebuild rather than aim for being a middling team in the WC (though I get that it might be Pop not wanting to retire in a rebuild). And I definitely wanted to acquire George ASAP -- even w/o the risk of him not making it to FA (like what happened), getting him via trade for Bird rights was pretty important.

It'd be nice if LA could replicate something like GS with draft picks that blossom into franchise cornerstones while still on budget contracts, but it hasn't happened. The drop-off between the #1 and #2 picks in the years they got the #2 was pretty steep, and with Randle/Russell the franchise moved all-in and decided they'd rather have cap space to gamble on landing big fish than tie up money in talent that might not be enough. They want to pull off a Miami move with LeBron but the stars aren't nearly as aligned for that.

Kupchak's mind-boggling signing of Mozgov and Deng is on him and the team has paid in blood for it. Given his fairly great track record, I fail to understand how he thought that was a good idea.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To me, if it weren't magic running the show and taking the actions or doing the things he does, teams would probably feel more comfortable actually trading with them. Putting aside that it sounds like conspiracy-theory stuff, to begin with, let's say sure there's some unspoken pushback taking place. That HAS to do something with magic and his tampering and his non-stop talk about acquiring superstars. It HAS to do with ESPN running non-stop headlines about how the lakers should trade for AD. I'm a little less apt to blame lebron/rich paul for this stuff too but they're apart of it, as well. Teams don't want to feel like they're strong-armed by the lakers, something that's happened for decades.

At least with west/kupchak they weren't going to be out there yammering non-stop about acquiring the next great laker stars before it actually happened. But with this whole magic/lebron/paul/ad debacle you could pretty much feel the hubris and entitlement. I'd point to that as a primary impetus for not wanting to trade with the lakers, before all else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

@TomerAzarly
    The #Clippers got some big-time help tonight. The #Grizzlies defeated #Rockets in overtime and the #Heat just ended the #Spurs 9-game winning streak. Now, they just need Kawhi Leonard and the #Raptors to hold on and defeat the #Thunder in OKC.

raps up by 15 over okc atm nearing end of the 3rd. if they lose it'll be 3 teams with identical records in the 6, 7, and 8th spots. and the 5th spot jazz would only be up by .5 games.

okc just really ran out of gas. really nuts

i think jazz take 4th seed, blazers 5th, spurs 6th, clips 7th and okc 8th. okc's remaining schedule is absolutely awful.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The Spurs have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the season. They got out hustled last night

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 112 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast