BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Also got LB fill rate nerfed from 200% to 100% and I think she started with triple cast? Still insane

News just in. 1 armed Hobo pre murdered during easter. #calledit

Also I'm running some quick numbers but LB damage equipment/materia might often not be best for her starting on 2nd LB and more so on LBs after (though what's surviving that without a ton of mitigation unless you aren't chaining idk). Also weirdly enough both Ultima weapons look like it might actually good for her (some situations possibly best weapon). If she could equip fixed Dice...
    I already fused my second 120 Hyoh into my first this morning to begin running it through item world.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    For the last few months I've bought into the hype of Akstar, and I've saved a horde for release. Currently sitting on 19k lap, 40ish reg tickets, 10 4* tickets, a boatload of Ex tickets. 10+1, two 5+1s and a few 10% 5*s

but listening to all this I'm tempted to go on current banner. To this day I still haven't pulled a Hyoh, TT, A.rain, or alot of the current meta. so off banner rainbows aren't a bad thing for me, but for me I always get the absolutely worst of the worst lol. I could use a much better magic chained (currently only have a 1.8k barb, or a 2.5k Cloud)

so to wait for Akstar, or shoot for new units, that is the question

/e as absurdly broken/awesome these units look off new banner, I don't necessarily need support (have 7* Lid/Nichol) and mainly just need serious DPS / STMR (only have 1 lol)
    Saving up bannerless stuff like EX tickets and x+1 tickets is probably why you're short on STMRs.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Saving up bannerless stuff like EX tickets and x+1 tickets is probably why you're short on STMRs.
    I know they aren't helpful for specific banners. I was just saving up every ticket possible for a mega pull session

I'm coming up on around the 1.5 year mark and my luck with rainbows has always been beyond subpar. I have no doubts that after I end up blowing all these savings that somehow I'll walk away disappointed lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I already fused my second 120 Hyoh into my first this morning to begin running it through item world.
    Lucky. I'm looking at what I got and I think the best Gsword for him I have to use is revolving saw or save the queen. As such using equip bow with Ang TMR is about on par lol. And better if killers matter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, I'm definitely pulling the banner. Sylvie should beat out 6* Nichol, and a DPS that is better than Akstar, while also being a bunny girl with blue hair? Sign me up.

I still want Akstar though, for his TMR, so not going all in probably.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

She can use spear too, so I guess I can use Vajranya for fights that I don't want to spend a turn imbuing. No Bahamut Tear or Ultima FFVII though.

Probably stick with the 1h sword though honestly to free up the slot that Buster would use for something like Dream of the Fayth or LB damage materia.

Edit: @Dasva

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From what I’m reading, Esther isn’t only better than Akstar, she’s as powerful as units in the current JP Power creep. She’s within ~15% of the CG Spoiler and even outdamages him in some turns.

If she’s released as is (I’m expecting nerfs honestly) she’s going to just straight obsolete the next 7 months of DPS units including the CG FF units like Lightning and Bartz lol

I cannot fathom them releasing her like this. The 200% LB bonus has got to be a typo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

She can use spear too, so I guess I can use Vajranya for fights that I don't want to spend a turn imbuing. No Bahamut Tear or Ultima FFVII though.

Probably stick with the 1h sword though honestly to free up the slot that Buster would use for something like Dream of the Fayth or LB damage materia.

Edit: @Dasva
    You are really only wasting half of a turn every 5. And it's not even really a waste since that move also gives 100% imperil and triple cast for 4 turns so you literally make up that one missed move 2 turns later.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    From what I’m reading, Esther isn’t only better than Akstar, she’s as powerful as units in the current JP Power creep. She’s within ~15% of the CG Spoiler and even outdamages him in some turns.

If she’s released as is (I’m expecting nerfs honestly) she’s going to just straight obsolete the next 7 months of DPS units including the CG FF units like Lightning and Bartz lol

I cannot fathom them releasing her like this. The 200% LB bonus has got to be a typo.
    They better hurray because if they want till people pull to nerf it's going to be a PR disaster. inb4 Akstar gets a bunch of global upgrades

The funny part is all this talk of her damage is overshadowing something else rather major about her. With her now we can absorb all but 1 element for cheese

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the damage calculations are correct and there's no nerf before these drop this has to be the most insane banner ever. These are current JP meta units, the next few months will need severe buffs to most new units or they won't get many pulls.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

inb4 Akstar gets a bunch of global upgrades
    It'd be funny if literally everything from now on gets massive GLEX buffs and all trials and such are buffed.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You are really only wasting half of a turn every 5. And it's not even really a waste since that move also gives 100% imperil and triple cast for 4 turns so you literally make up that one missed move 2 turns later.

They better hurray because if they want till people pull to nerf it's going to be a PR disaster. inb4 Akstar gets a bunch of global upgrades

The funny part is all this talk of her damage is overshadowing something else rather major about her. With her now we can absorb all but 1 element for cheese
    I meant for OTKO strategies, for anything else her self imbue is probably the best we've seen so far.

And it also looks like she's going to actually take the lightning damage and then get healed afterwards, so not the same as the Veritas passives.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I meant for OTKO strategies, for anything else her self imbue is probably the best we've seen so far.

And it also looks like she's going to actually take the lightning damage and then get healed afterwards, so not the same as the Veritas passives.
    But in practice when would that really work out? her first turn dmg is still behind some current units of other DDs (though maybe not specifically for physical AoE) and after that you already have the chance to setup... actually sure she's even top burst on first LB. And if not using her imbue any element is pretty much as good as another since her other imperil move is not good

What makes you say that? The wiki has the same verbiage as the veritas do. Is there something else posted somewhere?

Darklord- Absorb dark damage taken
    Stormborne-Absorb lightning damage taken

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think I just misread the ingame notice for it (which is obviously sometimes wrong anyways lol). For some reason I remembered it as "recovers health after taking lightning damage", when it says "restore own hp based on amount of lightning damage received", which is still somewhat badly worded but does sound more like a straight up absorb.

Either way, I think anyone would be crazy to not pull tomorrow. Gumi is more likely to just let these units sit out there until the rest catch up than turn around and buff every release going forward. Seems unlikely that they'd nerf after so much hype on Reddit today, but... it IS Gumi.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh shit you right the in game is a little weird. I forget to look since for a long time now ig messages (and for that matter some other things you can check like total rewards of some events or just the notice in arena) wont show up unless I reset. And even after I reload and get the download message they will disappear again later.

I could see them nerfing tonight. I mean technically they already did the other unit and that part was while ridiculous arguably not as ridiculous as this. Maybe play it off as some kind of mistranslation or whatever. But if come tomorrow nothing has changed well they'd be suicidal to change it after people pull. Either way Sylvie herself is amazing as is and the step up itself is one of the good ones.

Oh yeah speaking of tomorrow easy to forget since event ended already but last chance to use your Xenogear tickets

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The fact that they nerfed Sylvie during maintenance but left both units in the insane level leads me to believe this is all intentional so I don't see any other nerf coming. Maybe it's their way to counter the trial balance that's coming in the next few months (I remember reading many complaints from JP players regarding difficulty) but they probably went overboard.
    It's just funny that they nerfed Sora and KHCloud to fit into our current balance a few months ago to release a unit that rivals CG Walking Spoiler #2 in terms of damage.
    If you get these two you can safely skip any DPS unit and focus on Charlotte, WoL, Lenna and Aerith. Maybe Galuf too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Skip the TDW meta completely!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Esther and Sylvie both nerfed 20 minutes before banner goes live.

Sylvie: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Sylvie
    45 LB Cost (was 36)
    75% Elemental Resist (was 100%), 3 turns (was 4)
    35% MP Restore (was 50%)

Esther: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Esther
    LB got Nerfed
    ATK+250% (Was 300%)
    LB DMG+35% (Was 200%)
    14x + Ignore 50% DEF (Was higher, don't remember how much).

While I don't really mind the nerfs, doing it 20 minutes before banners go live scream scummy to me, since they could have done it earlier in the day. Now more people may pull who are unaware that they were nerfed further.

Did 42 tickets for now, only got a Luneth. Waiting for mathcrafters to redo the damage from Esther and such before I use Lapis.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Reddit tears are delicious. Still very strong units, just not invalidate everything for 8 months strong.

Happy enough with my investment. 28k lapis (1 lap + first step of 2nd) got me 4th Aranea, 4th Noctis, 1st Sylvie, and 7th Sephiroth (from the 30% ticket). 35~ tickets got me 2x Esther. I'll UoC the 2nd Sylvie and be done with em.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well Sylvie is still top tier, Esther went from "crazy OP" to "amazing" as she's still better than JP Akstar and slightly weaker than CG Lightning. They're both still great units.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, I caved,

Step up 1:
    Esther x2
    Emperor Shera (#2)

Step up 2:
    Nyx
    Ignis
    CG Jake
    Sylvie

Was going to pray for Sylvie from the 30% ticket, but got 3rd Esther from that. Figured may as well complete the second stepup, since it was either STMR or Sylvie. Lucked out on Sylvie, and will UOC a second copy later.