Closed Thread
Page 111 of 160 FirstFirst ... 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not so much caved as pulled what I expected. 2 laps plus a couple tickets was 15 rainbows. Almost all shit except new units. Pulled 7th Trance Terra off banner with a 3* ex ticket and went downhill from there, including 7th zargabro, 7th seph, 3rd nalu, 5th kain, 3rd nalu, 5th merc ramza, 5th Jake, 7th lid.

But I got 4 eggtanks, and on the very last pull, esther #2. Phew.

Spoiler: show

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

step 1: nothing
    step 2: Esther #1
    step 3: barb #3
    step 4: nothing

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Not so much caved as pulled what I expected. 2 laps plus a couple tickets was 15 rainbows.
    I'm taking your kid. Fucking Mina Jr. over here.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Spent $20 and did one lap, ended up with Slyvie x2, Esther x2 so I'm happy. Was initially planning to save for Akstar > CG Bartz, but even with the nerf to Esther I'm ok with getting her and skipping Akstar lol. Still got 30~ UoC's to spend on stuff as well. I'm a little disappointed with Slyvie's LB nerf, but I guess it was a little too OP... maybe they should have just kept the LB cost the same?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    While I don't really mind the nerfs, doing it 20 minutes before banners go live scream scummy to me, since they could have done it earlier in the day. Now more people may pull who are unaware that they were nerfed further.
    This is the real sticking point for most. Because they know goddamn well we mine and they know most probably don't check reddit all the time but wait for a youtuber to talk about it. Honestly this looks shadier than if they had waited until it was released imo

Also why the heck change the duration on Sylvie geez.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not so much caved as pulled what I expected. 2 laps plus a couple tickets was 15 rainbows.
    If getting 11 rainbows without rate ups or guarantees in ~110 pulls is what you expected I'm gunna have to ask for your pull bot or who in Gumi you are sleeping with. Er wait guess only 10 if you count the 30% tickets but still

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If getting 11 rainbows without rate ups or guarantees in ~110 pulls is what you expected I'm gunna have to ask for your pull bot or who in Gumi you are sleeping with. Er wait guess only 10 if you count the 30% tickets but still
    I ended up doing 2 full laps and 3 pulls on the next lap. I may actually do the last 10k just because guaranteed rainbow. I also had a dozen ex tickets (including a pair of 5*), a dozen normal tickets of various flavors, plus the 2 guaranteed 5* pulls (with the tickets from banner summoning). So 9 guaranteed rainbows leaves 6 non-guaranteed in ~160 pulls which is slightly above average, but RNGesus also fucked me hard on the Crimson banner, so I'll just pretend it's evening out.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"Couple tickets"

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Blew my remaining lapis and tickets i was hoarding for akstar, got 2 esthers and 1 sylvie. I’m so damn glad these units are perma, i can’t wait to uoc my 2nd sylvie. Running esther and Raegan atm with raegan having a lightning weapon. AT chain baybeeeee!!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I ended up doing 2 full laps and 3 pulls on the next lap. I may actually do the last 10k just because guaranteed rainbow. I also had a dozen ex tickets (including a pair of 5*), a dozen normal tickets of various flavors, plus the 2 guaranteed 5* pulls (with the tickets from banner summoning). So 9 guaranteed rainbows leaves 6 non-guaranteed in ~160 pulls which is slightly above average, but RNGesus also fucked me hard on the Crimson banner, so I'll just pretend it's evening out.
    Sure it's closer to average now that you add in 3 more steps and like 2 dozen more tickets including 2 5* ones for a total of 4 more guaranteeds you forgot to mention. Jesus man you couldn't have undersold those pulls more

I'm gunna start calling full laps of a step up a couple of pulls now

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Jiyo View Post
    Spent $20 and did one lap, ended up with Slyvie x2, Esther x2 so I'm happy.

lol and here I spend 19k lap and wind up with 1 Esther and 1 barby

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'm gunna start calling full laps of a step up a couple of pulls now
    Well by this metric I did a few pulls lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Heeeeeeeeeyooooooooooo we made Newsweek over this debacle

https://www.newsweek.com/final-fanta...tamine-1401404

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

On one hand I agree that datamining should not be treated as an official announcement but Gumi knows that we look at this stuff and some sort of announcement should've been made before the banners went live.
    Square-Enix themselves have been blocking some data recently to stop dataminers in Dissidia so it's possible to enforce this rule if they want to... the fact that they're not even doing that shows how little they actually care.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People on reddit wanting compensation or for the units to be changed back. XD I think it's far more likely they'll just use this opportunity to reinforce anything pre-release isn't set in stone, and implement the expanded stat view that JP has.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So this is kind of why I think this is arguably worse than them figuring out after pulls. They'd pretty much be obligated to do something from a pure PR standpoint but also possibly legal if done after.

But here really I see about 0 chance of them doing so because at the end of the day you technically could've known before pulling. And as we all know technically correct is the best kind. But the way they did it made it a lot less likely and pretty much any non apologist sees that but that merely makes it look scumi and kind of predatory not a definitely we got screwed. So you'll have enough of the community defending it. Hell plenty of people are trying to say things like it's not actually a nerf because we didn't have the units yet? Not sure what definition requires that. Or that data miners supplied us wrong information or just pure speculation instead of ya know the exact data Gumi sent to all our phones.

Given the units are still good I'm sure they will get away with it and the banner will still do good. But I'd imagine they'd once again eaten deeply into peoples trust and possibly more importantly this will likely make people a lot more cautious and less likely to be hyped about stuff in mines given how this has given the appearance of them using them against us. And given mines generally drop in the last day or 2 of a set of bundles and then run out at the same time new units are released it will likely effect spending

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dunno. I'm not really an apologist, but I'm not upset by this really. I get people that are miffed by it, for sure. I was disappointed in Sylvie's changes aside from the 100% resist change, that needed to be changed, though I wouldn't have minded 80%. The turn change and crystal increase was unneeded IMO. Esther, truthfully, it's prolly for the best to reign her in a bit unless they were prepared to give GLEX buffs to all damage dealers in the future.

But a lot of people are going the nuclear option, saying this was purposeful, bait and switch, they're quitting, never making another purchase, etc. I (and they, really) can't claim to know Gumi's innerworkings. Was this mischievous in nature? Did an intern just derp and face roll the keyboard? Were they planning enhancements and some shit snuck in? Maybe they're just as clueless as ever and didn't realize how strong they made her. Maybe they intentionally did so, but changed it when the community went crazy and multiple posts on Reddit of people pleading for them to be nerfed popped up.

Personally, I think it's just another chapter in their ineptitude. It's not the first and it won't be the last. The units are still very good at least. Had they been nerfed to be far worse, then I think we'd see a more centralized focus on this being wrong from all sides. As is, I waited 5~ minutes before pulling and read about the changes, made my mind up to pull, and was happy with it. I'd argue that most people that knew how good the units were should have checked the relevant communities before pulling with all the hubbub being brought up about them. No one here or in our Discord were clueless. So why were so many elsewhere?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The majority of people miffed were ones who were fine or even calling for a nerf the day before. That's not the issue and it's kind of telling how much the nerfs being needed or not that bad is being brought up when almost no one is actually suggesting the opposite. I mean you gotta understand just how suspicious waiting till the last minute looks right? The odds of this being several typos of very nice round numbers or that they didn't do any testing/calculations before hand that they just found out right before units go live especially after changing some mid maintenance almost a full day before is about approximately the same odds of you pulling a banner rainbow with a regular ex ticket. It's about 99.9% they knew exactly what was going on before it's just a question of whether they planned on changing at the zero hour (doubtful they were that nefarious) or they changed their minds based on the reaction and spent the day reworking numbers/testing and didn't want to destroy the hype

As far to the why people were clueless I think you know if you think about it. As this is a ffxi forum I think you've seen plenty how much more informed and up to date on info people on compared to the majority. A not small number of people get their info from youtubers/streamers. And even still do you realistically a lot of players aren't so jaded as to assume that the info that had been good all day needs to be triple checked at the last second because it just got ninja changed especially when Sylvie. Doubly so when no small number when excited literally pull the second they can (which sometimes makes the game unplayable for a couple of hours lol) but not as many are sitting around on their computer in the dead of the night on a weeknight. I mean step back for a second and look at ffxi.... you'd never expect something like this.

In good news I pulled my first Lightning from step 3... and thanks to previous shenanigans that means STMR for item world woohoo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, suggesting that these are all typos is honestly more insane than Esther pre-nerf lol. There's no way they made up these numbers as a mistake, it's much more likely that they didn't think it through and changed their mind when the community (thanks to datamining btw) figured out how insane these units actually were.
    And that's honestly my point here, the community helped you figure out a potential mistake allowing you to correct it so the least you could do is announce that you're changing things. Ninja editing parameters 20 minutes before the banner release will only lead people to assume that you were trying to trick us even if that wasn't your intention.
    I really don't see many complaining about the actual nerfs (except for Sylvie's LB) but the way it was all handled is shady at best. Sylvie is still a top tier support and will be for many months, Esther will only be replaced by CG Bartz (and he requires a lot of setup) because she can still outdamage even Lightning in her current JP form. I'm sure these units will have GL buffs but we can't know that just yet.

Honestly at the point where if game devs want to avoid community outrage for their given games, they need to both not pre-patch things (and thus, can't be mined) and not run public test servers/betas (for the games that applies) because ANY downward adjustment or outright removal is never received well. For example, Diablo III PTR had advertised 5 new stash tabs in the patch notes. People were happy, more space is good. Only a week later for Blizz to go, "Oops, they're meant for seasonal rewards. So it'll be a couple years before you can earn them all. Aren't you thankful?!" and a significant portion of an already post-Blizzcon angered community is livid. It feels like a pretty similar correlation to Gumi here with bad pack pricing, changes from JP to global, and so on.

But no doubt, I would anticipate some official statement that customer feedback is valued and they'll keep everything in mind for the future, but lol that bullshit. None of these places are going to change as long as they're getting paid.