Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

At least they didn't start the summon fest crap early too, so if Xeno is better I'll just UoC him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    At least they didn't start the summon fest crap early too, so if Xeno is better I'll just UoC him.
    He could be but that's unlikely. We don't have all the TDW stuff JP has except for some time limited STMRs.
    He's probably a future proof unit when we do get there I suppose but we'll see when maint drops.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The disappointing part of this week's announcements for me was when they said they weren't looking to turn over the unit exchange shop any time soon.

Give me some Christmas/Halloween prisms!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not really buying into that answer too much. They've used similar wording in the past when things were far closer than they let on. UoCs, prisms being added into the shop, Aurora Fry being released, etc, are all good examples where they made it seem like they'd be coming in months or more, and they were released within a month~ of the discussion about them. Usually if they take a question in their little QA corner, it's because it's something that'll be happening in the near-ish future. Late January saw the trust coin shop open, late March saw the addition of the prisms. I'd be surprised if a refresh doesn't happen by the end of July. I'm more curious which unit's prisms will be added. We've had a lot more colabs and limited banners than JP.

We could see:
    CNY
    Halloween
    Christmas
    Dues Ex
    VP
    Just Cause
    Star Ocean
    KH

Most of those aren't really meta or game breaking units, and all of them except for CNY and Christmas (close enough) have been out for over 6+ months. Doubt Just Cause will be included, we're still waiting for our assumed 2nd colab event when Rico gets bumped to his promised 7* version.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

VP would be pretty meta for the people who didn't quite get there with Angrim

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    He could be but that's unlikely. We don't have all the TDW stuff JP has except for some time limited STMRs.
    He's probably a future proof unit when we do get there I suppose but we'll see when maint drops.
    Basing an evaluation of him on what gear is currently available seems a little silly when we know for sure CG Lightning is coming and that there will quite possibly be a GLEX TMR before even that. Especially when we're sort of pulling for future content as it is with DPS.

All kind of moot though, because Xeno IS a GLEX unit, so he's almost certainly going to be powerful as fuck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless he's Qin 2.0 lol.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not defending our current Qin, but if his enhancements follow Elephim's, he'll end up being pretty great then.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Unless he's Qin 2.0 lol.
    Shhhhhhh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Basing an evaluation of him on what gear is currently available seems a little silly when we know for sure CG Lightning is coming and that there will quite possibly be a GLEX TMR before even that. Especially when we're sort of pulling for future content as it is with DPS.

All kind of moot though, because Xeno IS a GLEX unit, so he's almost certainly going to be powerful as fuck.
    But if we are pulling for future content we should pull for CG lightning STMR for Noctis (and herself I guess)!

Realistically though Bartz comes out not much after and his TDW marshall gloves will make it so a lot of time will be using that instead

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unofficial sources data is here! So... Zeno pretty much caps TDW on his own as he gets up to 200% with passives and he's on par with Esther in terms of damage.
    However he has a way more complicated rotation, lacks any sort of killer or ailment resistance and Esther's survivability. I'd say meh, not worth it.
    He's a cool replacement if you can't use her for whatever reason but I'd still go with bunny girl.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you're lazy like me and haven't finished 10 man trials yet, he'll make a good partner for Esther since he has BS, AT and AR chaining frames along with W cast despite being TDW.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unofficial sources data is here! So... Zeno pretty much caps TDW on his own as he gets up to 200% with passives and he's on par with Esther in terms of damage.
    However he has a way more complicated rotation, lacks any sort of killer or ailment resistance and Esther's survivability. I'd say meh, not worth it.
    He's a cool replacement if you can't use her for whatever reason but I'd still go with bunny girl.
    inb4 it's changed last minute

edit: wait that's not pretty much capped that is capped lol. Which leaves a lot less room for growth...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's already better than CG Lightning, how much do you want him to grow?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly I'd rather he grew into being better than CG Lightning (probably with her TMR and/or STMR) than already being. I'm also sure Gumi does as well for marketing reasons (don't think any TDW unit caps with just their TMR right now).

Also I know I dismiss the whole theoretical vs actual argument a lot when it comes to damage potential but the sheer awkwardness and little to no room for deviation on his rotation and time it takes to build up I'd say in practice he probably wont be better. Plus not a CG Waifu 5/7 would not pull

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'd be surprised if they didn't change at least his TDW passives, being capped innately seems a little silly. While I like Zeno's sprite better than Esther's, and he's (for now) better damage wise as well, I'm ok with having Esther over him. This huge boost in power for GL units does make me a little worried that future JP units are just gonna be DOA. I mean nothing has been found in regards to a buff for Akstar right?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's a step towards separating the meta from JP and I'm all for that. Let's just hope people's wallets survive lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jiyo View Post
    I'd be surprised if they didn't change at least his TDW passives, being capped innately seems a little silly. While I like Zeno's sprite better than Esther's, and he's (for now) better damage wise as well, I'm ok with having Esther over him. This huge boost in power for GL units does make me a little worried that future JP units are just gonna be DOA. I mean nothing has been found in regards to a buff for Akstar right?
    They said on their update video that Akstar was not getting any buffs and the datamine confirms that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Azat View Post
    It's a step towards separating the meta from JP and I'm all for that. Let's just hope people's wallets survive lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's definitely nice to get these GLEX surprises - and having them actually be good/worthwhile is even better lol. Maybe Gumi will be able to make better decisions moving forward, especially after seeing what's happened from the recent JP fallout.