Malorne
    Blog Entries

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Did both step ups. Nagi banner was shit and got 1 rainbow on last pull.... seph #8! Yego was shit until last pull... quad rainbows. 3 Yego and 1 Nalu (#4). Guaranteed 5* ex was Ellesperis #4. I'm happy with the stmrs.... but I'm thinking yego is shit now that I'm looking at her more closely. Bleh.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are Nagi and Yego even worth? I’m gonna hold off for Aeris/Red XIII which should be soon (next KM i think). But of course, they release those special guaranteed rainbow 5k pulls, so rip 20k lapis possibly.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Just blew another 5k and got Jack shit again. 2 golds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Are Nagi and Yego even worth? I’m gonna hold off for Aeris/Red XIII which should be soon (next KM i think). But of course, they release those special guaranteed rainbow 5k pulls, so rip 20k lapis possibly.
    I don't think the units themselves are all that great (though some niche uses I'm sure) but their TMRs/STMRs are pretty good though Yego's are pretty niche since I believe she's the only real TDH Whip user we got.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wanted a couple of Nagi for her hat and would love her STMR... but I got Yego'd instead. I actually didn't realize that Nagi wasn't a rate-up on Yego's banner. So now I have a couple of nice whip masteries.... and that's it. :/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm currently stuck on what I should do for DPS characters as I feel like that's the one area where I am held back in this game (best are probably Onion Knight and Aileen.) I have been hoarding all of my UoC tickets for Akstar since he was so hyped to rectify this. After blowing 75 tickets on the banner, I got 1 Akstar. I have almost 30k in lapis and could probably get a bit more with a good portion of the latest story left. If you were in my position, would you do one of the step ups for a guaranteed Akstar? Skip it and get Esther to chain with half of my friends list? If I did a step up, could use the UoCs to get some STMRs to gear one properly as I only have two STMRs total (Loren's and Duke's.)

If you dont mind waiting another week I'd use the UoC on Akstar. If you can't wait his solo step up is probably the best route cause hes guaranteed at the end at least. As for Esther vs Akstar, they are both better options than OK and Aileen. Also comes down to tmr. Which tmr's do you have to max the damage from either.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by DFJS View Post
    If you dont mind waiting another week I'd use the UoC on Akstar. If you can't wait his solo step up is probably the best route cause hes guaranteed at the end at least. As for Esther vs Akstar, they are both better options than OK and Aileen. Also comes down to tmr. Which tmr's do you have to max the damage from either.

I'm fine waiting as I haven't used one ticket yet in anticipation of Akstar. As far as tmrs, believe I might have more that would benefit him vs. Esther but just barely due to a couple more katana master types. That's the other reason I was thinking about the step up to only then have to use the UoCs for STMRs to buff one of them up, as I'm one away from Aileen or Pyro Lasswell's.

I'd do the step up while its here for akstar then. Both of those stmr look really good. On an unrelated note when did they add the voices for the rest of the CG characters? I usually skip them but I used MS Nichol's LB and heard a voice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Apparently we're getting the Edgar/Sabin banner this week instead of Aerith/Red.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

9blues 2 golds reporting in

Fohlen #5 :/. Kinda bummed that it's not FF7 as our next king mog.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

IW has been shit for me this time. I got 2 rares relatively quickly (in the first 100k points), but now 400k points later and no dice. I've rerun Lust dagger 30+ times now.
    Also, I was happy to log in today to see that they're done suspending people for chargebacks. I guess they didn't go back to Jan, or didn't care since I've more than repaid them now.

edit: i made a second Ultima Weapon (Cloud's) because I use multiple TDH users sometimes. Of course on the first run through IW I get rare on 4F. Rest of the run was shit, and I ended up with Seal, Refresh1, and ATK7. Fuckkkkk youuuuu RNGesus.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

4F has always been my lucky floor in the past, but this IW has been mega shitty for me. In 308k points so far, the only rare I've gotten is on Zeno's STMR, and even 15% and 12% bonuses have been super rare and usually not for the stat I want. I'm trying to get Akstar's STMR done but I might just switch back to Lust Dagger for the rest of it.

Edgar and Sabin's STMRs both look so nice. O.O

10b1g on the 10+1, and then Akstar #5 on the second 10+1 that I didn't know I had.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm having another pretty amazing IW, personally. All orbs used with no refill items:

2x Bowie Knives with High Tide+ and decent stats
    Lust Knife with High Tide+ and decent stats
    Black Trump with rare and +22% more HP - Tanky throwing mage?
    Excalibur FFBE with rare and 12% more attack and HP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally got 1 more rare

Though my other Bowie is at 30% hp so not bad I guess.

Looking at reddit seems some people are getting hit with collateral damage.

10+1 got me 3rd Barby just in time for event to be over lol. Now I sort of wish I had bought 1

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Beat Gilgamesh thanks to Byrth’s Esther, supreme cheesed him in 5 turns, but i missed the uoc ticket because my other entruster died. unfortunately too late cuz item world is over, tried him last night and i was doing dumb mistakes on my end.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Fuck you guys with all your dagger rares this time around. I ran Lust or Bowie over 50 times and no rares. I only got 3 rares in over 700k points. Fuck that.

I have had a hell of a time with all my daggers, actually, ever since the beginning. To date I only have 2 bowies with rare (though I've run them hundreds of times over the last 7 or 8 months). Lust has normal high tide, as doe swordbreaker. Meh.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I got a Bowie Knife, Lust Dagger, and Fallen Angle with High Tide+. Bowie Knife was literally the last floor of Item World that I ran this time.