Closed Thread
Page 139 of 160 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah Hyoh is so far behind now no one even compares to him lol. Even rough math of expected enhancements puts him DOA. Either way if you have Esther I wouldn't feel a huge need to UoC for another chainer right now.

And yeah I can build my Sylvie is insane tankyness. Like I can do the hp parameter with her while still having good def/spr.

As far as the others I'd put Lid over Loren right now assuming you can do a decent portion of the ehnancements. Of course if you have any other 7* breaker I probably wouldn't bother.

Yuraisha is nice but not sure I'd even call her a jump over all the buffers you currently have and more say she brings different combinations of skills than the others

In other news some people opening the follow up tickets... and I hadn't realized they changed the pool. Way too early to tell but it does seem like fears of them diluting the pool were merited. Seriously wtf are supercites in there!?! So making it seem more and more like plat is the way to go with the coins

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I got a STMR ticket and an EX ticket at least in the first 10. Supercites would be aight, but magicites is fucking insulting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

er sorry I misspoke I meant the megacites totally missed the regular magicites... though super I'd still put lower than all the arena ticket drops but apparently too good for this drop pool just like ores seem to be. I'd also put regular ex tickets way down there too. 4* ex not too much higher.

Not sure how I feel about stmr tickets... stmrs are great but 100 is a lot. In a way you could think of it as 100 to choice of 2 units that immediately get fused so not as good. So it's almost like each ticket is ~ 1/5 an UoC which isn't the worst I guess

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd say a 50% STMR moogle is pretty close to 10 UoC tickets because it can be used for limited time STMRs unlike UoCs.

Not sure if I missed it somewhere but I assume to use the stmr moogle you have to at least have the unit to 7* that you want the STMR for? Or have they even mentioned how to use them other than getting it from the new moogle?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yes, you have to have the unit at 7*.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not much going on but hey manufacture nethercite finally for those that don't got it

Cg Lid is my main breaker and I've been debating my options when it comes to her enhancements. Is it worth it to +2 all of her solo breaks vs just the att/mag and def/spr? Huge resource difference. Would like some opinions on this. Thanks.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hah, pulled my first Orlandeau today. Oh well.

As for Lid, I enhanced her the other day and pretty much did everything but the single breaks. They're very good, but I felt like her LB is the real goal and her 65% breaks would be a good backup.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did them all myself but well I actually had them lying around and if I'm going to use someone for pure breaking it's probably gunna likely be partly about redoing strong ones on demand or having strong ones with longer than normal duration. Free Lb gauge is nice too

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If the absorbs weren't so expensive I would have done them, they really are significantly stronger than the dissolver breaks, but I have only used her a handful of times because how relatively useless she is outside of being able to spam breaks.

Edit: Thanks for putting up units for Ice Bird, dasva.

Finished the second lap of Rightning banner today and got Rightning #4 and Neverending Nope #1. Used the coins to get STMR moogle and finish King Edward's coin. As son as I can get rolls that don't fucking blow on Zantetsuken and trial gun, Rightning should be pretty well set up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If the absorbs weren't so expensive I would have done them, they really are significantly stronger than the dissolver breaks, but I have only used her a handful of times because how relatively useless she is outside of being able to spam breaks.

Edit: Thanks for putting up units for Ice Bird, dasva.
    Yeah I was at capped gil and last several events with crysts I'd farmed most the pures in prep so I went in. Though ran out on Nichol

haha which one you use? I've sort of set all my non event slots up for different roles in it since figured would be all the rage though with all the farming I'm going I'll probably be awhile for me

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I used Esther. She didn't quite have enough resists to survive the even rounds <30% without guarding, but mine didn't really either so it worked out. Gearing that many units for 3 elements each was a fucking pain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I used Esther. She didn't quite have enough resists to survive the even rounds <30% without guarding, but mine didn't really either so it worked out. Gearing that many units for 3 elements each was a fucking pain.
    Haha I take it you already won then? If not I could definitely get her higher it's just I put most my best on Charlotte and Nichol I think and kinda assumed people would be using decent buffs

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I did win, but with my team comp the best buffs that I could keep up 100% of the time were 70% ice and wind and 100% water. The water part is super easy, you only get imperiled for 80% iirc and Folka can keep up her buff in her sleep even at a 2 turn duration. The other 2 elements pretty much stay imperiled at -100%, so you'd need 130% from gear to be immune and probably 115-120% each to survive without guarding using just mitigation. I didn't use Charlotte's LB because I was worried that it would fuck up my AoE physical cover, so I just used her spammable 30% magic mitigation. Losing Esther's LB damage boost by guarding every other turn was annoying, but I could at least buff LB with Rivera before use to somewhat make up for it.

I'm sure there is a much more efficient way to set up than I did, but I sort of feel like the only thing in this game that's not gambling or farming is setting up your characters, so I avoid copying teams from guides or using that equip program or website or w/e.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

So I have had some insane luck on pulls the last few weeks. CG Charlotte x4 in one step up, Elenax2 from hers, Zeno #1 from 10+1 ticket and I have dailied both Hope and CG Lightning. I did a pull on the chainers banner hoping for a Zeno and got 3 Medienas (#2,3,4) and a Karlette (#2). Somewhere in all the pulls I got a Fid too

I am debating another pull on the chain banner. It would require I chase down all the lapis I haven't earned yet but I can do that. I also have 33 UoC right now. I am mostly concerned with Zeno, CG Lightning and Fid.

I have Elena, Esther, Circe and Mediena for damage dealers. I am good on tanks with M. Ramza, A. Rain, CG Charlotte, Basch and Wilhelm. I have Rena, Eiko, and LM Fina for healers. My breakers are Loren and 2B. I also have Sylvie and Myra combo.

Are any of the above 3 a big enough upgrade for a UoC?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With what you described, Fid would by the only one I'd consider for UoC. Zeno and Lightning aren't a big enough boost to warrant one. Having a Lightning already gives you her TMR. Damager dealer hierarchy will always be a revolving door. UoCing one for 10%~ extra damage, only for a new GLEX power creep to pop up in a month or two (or maybe this week even) would make me kinda sour on the decision.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

UoC just to have the unit? Definitely not unless you just really like their design/etc. CG Lightning and Zeno are the #1 and #2 physical chainers respectively, but there are no trials that they can complete that the units you have can't. Lightning synergizes well with Esther and does a pretty hefty chunk more damage than her, but I'd still only use lapis to pull for her and not UoCs. Esther is still the most common friend unit from what I can tell, so it's super easy to find friends to chain with. Fid is a very solid unit, but it's pretty much the same, she breaks and imperils and can even off heal, but she doesn't have any unique ability that someone else doesn't, just role compression.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Item World feels like it gets progressively worse every time it comes around.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I got a rainbow today. It was Basch #5