Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is that a thing? (Context: I quit a long time ago)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I didn't even do the DV thing. I just straight up ignored it until it was gone lol. Probably uninstall it soon.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I still enjoy the game well enough, but I haven't spent in awhile. Pseudo 8* is a thing on JP, but it seems like a good system for now, lots of people just having a knee jerk reaction because they want to immediately cap units which requires 4x of the new units, or like 13 of the old units.

Nice thing is we're going back to pull the unit and be done, but 1% rates for now. Rainbows are 9%. Old units can upgrade to this new tier, but it requires them to be 7* with their STMR. So far, only Red XIII and Tifa have been unlocked to upgrade.

The new rarity is New Visions. I'm actually a fan of what it does. NV units have their base form, but then they get a Brave Shift skill that changes their equipment set to a different set that you've made, and their sprites/animations/skills change. I'm having issues finding comparison pics, but both Red XIII and Tifa take on a more active looking stance and have very smooth animations. The new NV FFVIIR Cloud has his standard soldier version, then brave shifts into riding his motorcycle lol.

Found em on the wiki. Can't find their animations though. Spoilering to group em:

Cloud
    Spoiler: show

Tifa

Red XIII

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I didn't even do the DV thing. I just straight up ignored it until it was gone lol. Probably uninstall it soon.
    I actually rather enjoyed it... aside from the top 100+ all being literally impossible to get scores

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I actually rather enjoyed it... aside from the top 100+ all being literally impossible to get scores
    Cause they cheated. LOL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Cause they cheated. LOL
    Well duh. But more speak to the level they cheated. Like I'm sure most of the top 500 are cheaters. But top 100 are so high couldn't be accomplished even with perfect rng rolls, perfect gear/units, the dupe bug and the multicast bug combined. People just doing that you could almost like well that seems possible maybe. Top 100 were all pure data manipulation of some kind... should be easy call to throw them out. Really hope they do so I can get some more loot... but also see how well I really did

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The new mechanics (Neo Vision and Vision Cards) seem like cool systems. Personally, my problem with FFBE is that the majority of progression is time gated (try to get as many tickets as possible from an event, random pulls, hope you get the chars with the relevant TMRs or dupes for 7 Stars). While WotV is grindy, it’s a grind you can do whenever you want (and so far, you don’t need to grind to finish all relevant content).

I miss the game though and I want to do play it at least for the story but I’d rather just look up videos of the story instead.

My favorite gacha is probably Star Ocean Anamnesis but sadly it shut down in Global. In Episode 2, they actually set up the Story Mode really well in that you can skip non-story battles and just do the important ones (boss battles, major events, etc). You can also pick three difficulties per mission, and overall it’s disappointing it never reached Global as it’s one of the best experiences I had playing a single player story mode in a gacha. It’s too bad that Star Ocean is such a niche franchise at this point (at least outside of Japan) and that’s why it probably wasn’t worth continuing for Global (Star Ocean 5 was the chance for the series to gain relevancy again but that game didn’t do so well).

Anyway, I’d play FFBE again if there was a simple way to do the story mode without all the padding and without NRG requirements (and if all story events returned).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So, if I had to choose one of these two DPS to focus on going forward, which would people choose?

Enhanced Esther or King Rain?

I know people are memeing on Esther's enhancements, but they don't look that terribad.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Enhancements on DPS are a trap.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd vote Rain, pretty sure he's stronger than Esther, but SR chains are more relevant. Still some decent BS chainers, but SR gives you lots of options. You'd still want a dupe for LB chaining, regardless of the option.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

DPS sheets show Esther is 16.7M and King Rain is 17.5M. For reference, top is 32-34M with Tifa (AC), Gilg (WotV), and EE.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=545076907

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To put this all together as of right now AK Rain dpt is a little higher than Esther... but the burst is way higher. This more or less holds true for wiki parameter gearing as well as BiS. Some other things to consider is AK Rain benefits from external imperil a lot more but Esther is the max imperil.

That said you said going forward and as mentioned to an extent DD enhancements are a trap. Remember this is as good as Esther is going to get so you don't really want to spend those kind of resources to make a bad DD still be half of what the meta is currently is and is only going down hill. Meanwhile Rain can get better again in the future.

If you like DV Esther does have the small benefit of being able to do either AoE or single target with it's chaining

Edit: Something I forgot but I'd actually probably argue for neither of them. Even if you aren't pulling the current free unit beats both of those by a decent amount

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well look like they removed a ton of cheaters. Gained at least 100 ranks... sadly can't see exactly how much

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

do a couple of laps and throw some tickets hoping to get Fang... and nope but I do get 5 Vanilles <.<. Oh and 3 Citras randomly

Accidentally used someone else's blue mage unit for legend. Now mine cant learn the moves. Any suggestions?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DFJS View Post
    Accidentally used someone else's blue mage unit for legend. Now mine cant learn the moves. Any suggestions?
    Are you sure? I cleared all of them with other people's Quistis unit and mine is fine.

Figured it out. Those are 7* abilities. Mine ain't 7* yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So seems they were a lot less discerning in eliminating cheaters this time... wonder if we will have even more obvious cheaters this time.

Also 60 tickets on these 10% rainbow collab banners... and 2 rainbows both offbanner