Closed Thread
Page 26 of 160 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Don't think I could ever bring myself to UoC an STMR unless it was completely busted. Most are really good, but busted? Ehhhh. None come to mind that would be worth doing so. UoCs are better served securing a 7* of a role that you lack, or 7*ing a new power creep tier unit, like Akstar in 4-5 months IMO. Off banners are too common, I'd be pretty upset if I UoCed a 4th for STMR, only to get a 5th. UoCing a 2nd for 7* and pulling another puts you one closer to the STMR and a 50% Moogle which is generally positive.
    I can think of a few off hand I'd totally consider... problem is they were all limited units lol. Some unreleased ones have some pretty great STMRs though

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

3 pulls today, one fran and two cyan

solid work

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

For UoC, if you are clearing content, why spend them?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

just realized I've also got a 5* merc ramza, don't know how long he's been sitting there

as of right now, I don't have a 7* tank. I've got a fairly decked WoL for physical tanking, and a budget Shylt for magic.

I'm going to burn a UoC on either Wilhelm (already have one) or Merc Ramza. which one would be the best choice? leaning towards Wilhelm but just want to be sure I'm making the best choice

if it matters, I've got barely any evade stuff

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    just realized I've also got a 5* merc ramza, don't know how long he's been sitting there

as of right now, I don't have a 7* tank. I've got a fairly decked WoL for physical tanking, and a budget Shylt for magic.

I'm going to burn a UoC on either Wilhelm (already have one) or Merc Ramza. which one would be the best choice? leaning towards Wilhelm but just want to be sure I'm making the best choice

if it matters, I've got barely any evade stuff
    They both have advantages, i’m not sure on merc ramza’s kit, but i know wilhelm has breaks and cover at 7*. If i were you, i’d probably save it for Basch whenever he gets 7* awakening, assuming you have 1 Basch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

unfortunately, I dont. I have yet to pull a basch, a.rain, chow, etc.

only tanks I currently have are WoL, Wilhelm, and Shylt. it's not for lack of pulling, I've just got shit luck

I may just hold on to the ticket for a while and hope to pull basch or A. rain blindly. I've cleared the solid majority of content with straight DPS. but for some of these new 11+ difficulty fights, not having a solid tank makes it damn near impossible

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Save it for the final boss, Ooooops games over.

Spend them as you want. I threw mine into a second Wilhelm and haven’t regretted it for an instant.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd also vote for Wilhelm. Magic tanks are great, but what really matters for them is generally elemental resist. Filling a tank role is a legit use of UoC IMO. That said, if you're clearing stuff fine, waiting won't hurt. It sounds like you're having trouble on newer trials though.

I don't have any Merc. Ramzas so I'm largely going off of his skill set and what I've read. I think all the hype around him wasn't due to him being the best or anything, but rather being turned into a legitimate option. His JP version lacked a provoke, didn't have any damage resistance buffs, and both of his covers were CD skills. Think he had one of the best GLEX set of changes by getting a voke, enhancements giving that voke damage resistance, and his physical cover coming off of CD.

There may be other changes I'm missing. Beyond that, his baseline 25% all elemental resist and 100% status resist against everything plus charm, and a 50% resist to stop, it all comes together to make a plenty workable package. I think Wilhelm is still overall tankier though.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

M. Ramza has Voke/Physical cover on command, his Magic cover is still a 3 turn cooldown (Last 3 turns though). Hes also immune to everything inculding charm (excluding death) and has innate 15% ele resist. He's very bulky offering stat bonuses of something crazy like 150% DEF with the right armor choices (Helm/Shield/etc, normal tank gear). He's also got break power too.

Wilhelm is better in terms of Bulk and on-demand single target breaks (Ramza's 60% Require his chaining move to be used first), but doesn't get all the Ailment resist, ele resist, or Magic cover.

Should also be noted M.Ramza will pretty much NEED most of his skill enhancements to be useful.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

5* Krile, Galuf and Exdeath coming in JP with the FFV Raid.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Daily did a double remix into rainbow.

Lightning #11. Fucking troll off banner shit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rainbow on free pull. Kurasame #2.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I got MS Nichol #2 the other day as well as Kurasame #3

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Day of rainbows I guess? I got the summer Nichol. TMR looks nice but not something I would rush to farm

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    5* Exdeath
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Blew up all the 35M tickets and got what I expected- 0 rainbows(but got some good TM doe)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So one of my problems that I have been having with trust farming is that occasionally my macro will force all 3 of the front characters to attack the same enemy, which leaves them trapped in a loop and causes the macro to get stuck. So I have come up with a solution. I'm gonna give my back row characters Avengers so that they can attack and kill the enemies that the macros fuck up on.

2 and 9 with crappy blues.

Did one step on the 7* banner and got 2 and 9 with crappy blues, again.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

No rainbows in a few weeks here. got stoked about 10+1 Monday, and that fizzled fast

Spoiler: show

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I did a full lap of the Fryevia banner and the free 10+1 and every pull but the last one looked like that, with damn near the same units. The final round had two rainbows, my fourth (yay STMR) Martial Glove and the literal last unit was the Fryevia I was after. I am happy but had a lot of units to sell, since none were even TMR fodder, much like the picture above.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Blew all my tickets including my 90% and 70% blue tickets, and 1 lap of the stepup.

Balthier #3, 3 fryevias so got stmr, and finally my first elfreeda!

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 160 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast