Closed Thread
Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

I tend to pop a few tokens if my window on the 4x days don't jive with my logins. Honestly just wish they'd let them all be up forever.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Still hunting for that 7* grim lord sakura... nothing but shit blues though, every day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

huzzah my peeps back to back limited time triple rainbow banners... at least this one has step ups though

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, for a couple hundred bucks worth of lapis you can get a guarantee of a single unit of three halfway to being usable. Maybe if you invested $1000 worth you'd have a decent shot at getting Arngrim's STMR.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to pull on the VP banners, now I'm positive lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Go do event on elite... get bonus mobs yay. Not paying too much attention since with buffs/breaks my Fina 1 shots every time. So send everyone out without holding someone back just in case for reset and guess she got a really low roll because left it at like 10% and wiped me. Of course next run was no bonus mobs .

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wow, we get screwed over in GL yet again. These banners in JP had no off-banner rainbow pulls but they do in GL. Fuck you Gumi, I'm skipping this shit.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I wonder what the next banner I can actually pull on will be, lol.

These Halloween ones, Citra, VP... stinkers!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The Citra banner was fine. Hell, Citra herself is fine for a summoner. The issue there is that summoners are pretty much the ninjas of magic damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well no, Summoners are much better than Ninjas will ever be. Especially Citra. Most summoners can support the party and act as powerful finishers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can't wait to see the videos of the super whales going for angrim stmr and all the off banner rages. Will be pretty good entertainment. Also can't wait till Christmas banner has 7 rainbows

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Man if they really follow through with the VP being just business as usual, which means they actively changed how the banner worked from JP, I’m... im really going to have a hard time even logging in. I don’t like it :/, and not spending isn’t working either.

Games slowly becoming less hype for me lately anyway what with good units all being FFBE units lately and I play the game mainly for nostalgia.

Bleh... was hoping this was one thing they wouldn’t get shitty with.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can't help but notice that the step up banner for older halloween units may turn out to be a lie as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This time they shielded their asses by saying that "things may change" in the video. And this BS is gonna happen for the Christmas units as well...

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've gotten more summertime units with Halloween tickets than actual Halloween units.

To be fair, it was 80 like a week ago so maybe they're confused.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    I can't help but notice that the step up banner for older halloween units may turn out to be a lie as well.
    They never said there would be a step up for the older Halloween units. I think they actually said in their video that there wouldn't be a step up for them. That's what a lot of the rage was about on reddit concerning them, since if you wanted 7* or STMR, you had to pull on their banner with 0.33% rates for your desired unit. If you had your heart set on one of them, going in on their existing banner is your only option.

I wasn't going to go hard on the VP banner anyways, but I totally get the salt over the change. That's some shit. That change made limited time/colab banners much more enticing on JP. I still enjoy the game for what it is, but when they make changes like this, it really erodes at the goodwill and community the game has fostered. I wonder why they're so apt at making changes like this. Maybe it's just cause they know the few super whales that throw thousands at every banner will outweigh the smaller purchases from all other players.

How UoC and now limited time colab banners have been handled really contrasts so much differently to the 3% rainbow rate. We got that months earlier, and ever since, they've tweaked or held out on other aspects that make the game more friendly to non-whales.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Yeah, for a couple hundred bucks worth of lapis you can get a guarantee of a single unit of three halfway to being usable. Maybe if you invested $1000 worth you'd have a decent shot at getting Arngrim's STMR.
    this, so much this. having a triple 5* base limited banner with some of the best STMRs in the game (and we don't have mixers yet, if we'll ever get them) (and we still have off-banner rainbows on limited banners) is just beyond disgusting.

I really loved this game while I played it but I'm getting so tired of the greed in the 7* era. wake me up when the balance tilts back toward f2p, or even minnows/dolphins, just a little. Christ almighty :/ I wouldn't mind spending $50 here and there if it actually got me something (Hyoh banner was great for me) but this is not worth it, not even a little

/soapbox

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd say this strategy must be workng but with the addition of the Ads in the game I think that despite the fact they're probably making money hand over fist in amounts we couldn't comprehend, shareholders aren't happy. With businesses and especially Mobile/Game Industry, they can be making a LOT of money and still be "failing" in the eye of shareholders because their earnings aren't going up up up. I think FFBE is making a lot of money but they're probably been flat-lining or decreasing in terms of revenue and thats been effecting their stocks so they've been given orders to make more money.

So they milk the "Whales will be Whales" players who ill buy basically non-stop until they get what they want regardless of cost, so making the banners even WORSE rng-wise is just more money for them. Its short-sighted and unsustainable but it is what it is. I think this is going to erode the player base and with things getting stingier and stingier begin to erode whales as well, its going to take a while I imagine but it will happen, the Ad Reel was the first step.

I doubt this is Gumi's fault, I doubt they want their game to die or fail, I'm sure these pricing and banner choices come from the top down from the people paying the bills to keep the studio open, so I think Gumi isn't hurting financial in a reasonable persons sense, but they're hurting in the sense their profits are constantly rising and rising, which is where all these scummy choices come from cause Whales gunna Whale milk em while you can.

Passing on this as well. Not even going pull for dailies cause the 3* and 4* wont get any use from me. I bet Dyer is going to have a nervous breakdown when he pull on this banner. Especially now that you can get off banner rainbows and not just VP units.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast