Closed Thread
Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'd say this strategy must be workng but with the addition of the Ads in the game I think that despite the fact they're probably making money hand over fist in amounts we couldn't comprehend, shareholders aren't happy. With businesses and especially Mobile/Game Industry, they can be making a LOT of money and still be "failing" in the eye of shareholders because their earnings aren't going up up up. I think FFBE is making a lot of money but they're probably been flat-lining or decreasing in terms of revenue and thats been effecting their stocks so they've been given orders to make more money.

So they milk the "Whales will be Whales" players who ill buy basically non-stop until they get what they want regardless of cost, so making the banners even WORSE rng-wise is just more money for them. Its short-sighted and unsustainable but it is what it is. I think this is going to erode the player base and with things getting stingier and stingier begin to erode whales as well, its going to take a while I imagine but it will happen, the Ad Reel was the first step.

I doubt this is Gumi's fault, I doubt they want their game to die or fail, I'm sure these pricing and banner choices come from the top down from the people paying the bills to keep the studio open, so I think Gumi isn't hurting financial in a reasonable persons sense, but they're hurting in the sense their profits are constantly rising and rising, which is where all these scummy choices come from cause Whales gunna Whale milk em while you can.
    yeah pretty much. they'll make a lot of money this way but the people who would spend little amounts over time get burned and quit. but what can you do...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think even whales will last very long considering there's more limited units in December and even more in February. And that's not counting the reruns of Star Ocean and Just Cause we're supposed to be getting eventually.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'd say this strategy must be workng but with the addition of the Ads in the game I think that despite the fact they're probably making money hand over fist in amounts we couldn't comprehend, shareholders aren't happy. With businesses and especially Mobile/Game Industry, they can be making a LOT of money and still be "failing" in the eye of shareholders because their earnings aren't going up up up. I think FFBE is making a lot of money but they're probably been flat-lining or decreasing in terms of revenue and thats been effecting their stocks so they've been given orders to make more money.

So they milk the "Whales will be Whales" players who ill buy basically non-stop until they get what they want regardless of cost, so making the banners even WORSE rng-wise is just more money for them. Its short-sighted and unsustainable but it is what it is. I think this is going to erode the player base and with things getting stingier and stingier begin to erode whales as well, its going to take a while I imagine but it will happen, the Ad Reel was the first step.

I doubt this is Gumi's fault, I doubt they want their game to die or fail, I'm sure these pricing and banner choices come from the top down from the people paying the bills to keep the studio open, so I think Gumi isn't hurting financial in a reasonable persons sense, but they're hurting in the sense their profits are constantly rising and rising, which is where all these scummy choices come from cause Whales gunna Whale milk em while you can.
    I don't think it is working. Pretty sure they the last posted quarterly wasn't looking great. A lot of whales have greatly lowered their spending since the UoC debacle and a lot of people are just depressed about doing any pulling at a time when people would normally be wanting to spend more. I'm betting this is more a case of they can't or don't want to believe that raising prices effects spending habits... and that kind of thinking is way more common than you'd think. And people can get so stuck that they will just double down on things not working... especially if it's still making money just less and less as more people jump ship. At best they are relying on the full on addicts as they let it die and focus on newer projects... kind of like SE did with FF 11 and 14.

Edit: found it https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvi...ults_stock_20/

I'll just say gacha/lootbox regulations aren't coming fast enough.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

blehhhhh came back and played the Halloween event enough to get all the tickets, nothing. oh well. I couldn't pass up that 1k UoC at any rate

BACK TO LURKING

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    blehhhhh came back and played the Halloween event enough to get all the tickets, nothing. oh well. I couldn't pass up that 1k UoC at any rate

BACK TO LURKING
    Just set your Beatrix to auto lb if you aren't going to play much!!!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Just set your Beatrix to auto lb if you aren't going to play much!!!
    But mah atk stats

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BACK TO LURKING
    Here's a bunny girl to cheer you up!

Spoiler: show

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Here's a bunny girl to cheer you up!

Spoiler: show
    <3 <3 <3 I didn't know I'd love her so much in the DOO art style but man I really do

I kinda want to pick up Dissidia now. but I hear it's a) super grindy and b) requires specific team comps to beat the hardest fights... are these true?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The grind has been heavily reduced actually. As for #2... it usually doesn't but the last couple events had super hard EX stages (the last you unlock) with Lenna taking the top spot considering you either pulled on her banner or had Sazh+ top tier DPS (and a shit ton of luck or resets). Other than that every other EX fight was doable with a bunch of different characters. I hope Lenna's event was a fluke honestly but we'll see what they do with Rydia. Cid's wasn't as bad so there's hope.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hmm maybe I'll give it a shot. or maybe I'll wait for bunny waifu to arrive

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But mah atk stats
    what's atk gotta do with farming lb while you're not playing? Actually doing that right now... gdi 30k just for the last level is unreal though

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm really tempted to do a 11 pull on the older unit halloween banner for a 2nd GLS. I don't care about VP at all since 1; it's even more limited than holiday events and 2; there is no reason to pull any of them at all at this point because 1 is worthless.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The chance of you walking away happy with your pull if all you're after is GLS is obscenely low. Like lower than normal FFBE low. I wont stop you because its a limited unit and your regret for not pulling might be higher than 1 gold and 10 blues.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To further expound upon this the odds of you getting that GLS from that 5k pull based on their posted rates is 4.58%

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

yeah you're right fuck that. I was looking at the halloween step up earlier and I was wondering if there was even slightly a chance of a higher than average chance at getting GLS on it, and she has the same odds as any other 5* on it. They really don't want us to not spend money on this shit don't they.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The step up is even worse. The old Halloween units are off banner for it. That's why if you wanted bonus units should've pulled on the old Halloween banner because new/step up ones only had Lillith/Lucius for on banner

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah I dumped all 65 tickets I had on it and only got 2 I Nichols, 1 pirate jake, 1 GLS and CG Jake from it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Confirmed from datamine: VP units on step-ups (the single character ones) have a 1% pull rate in GL, half of JP, and you can pull off banner rainbows from them.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Wait, does each VP rainbow have its own step-up?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast