Closed Thread
Page 4 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's 4 step ups: one with all three and the usual 25k price tag and three single ones (one for each unit) at 11k each and increased rates. However they've added the ability to pull off banner units and halved the pull rate in the single unit banners for GL.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Wait, does each VP rainbow have its own step-up?
    So they are having a normal 25k step up then they are having individual 11k step ups with just the rate ups for each one with normal on banner base rates for that 1 ie 1% and other 2% of the rainbow rate is all others.

From what I've read in jp they didn't have the 25k but the split 11ks the on banner was 2% and the other 1% was still limited to ones from the event.

So double fucked here in halving the rate of the rainbow you going for AND not restricting offbanner to event

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

So... hold on... that's 108,000 lapis to do the full step up and every individual step up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To really grind it home assuming everything else on the steps is the same (not 100% sure) with current split step up doing a full lap (and can only do 1) will give average you .8625 on banner rainbow and .4725 random other rainbow.

With old one (actually not sure how they handled the +1 on the end so just going to do it the same as this one instead of better) full lap would average you 1.5375 on banner and .2425 other event rainbows.

Comes out to a hell of a lot less of what you were going for and about 25% less total rainbows

Also not 100% but I think jp had a 4th 11k that was basically all 3 rainbows on banner

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    So... hold on... that's 108,000 lapis to do the full step up and every individual step up.
    Yes and doing so is still bad odds of getting each 7* and lol at going for stmr. hell it's still possible to get no 7*

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Finally got a rainbow from the halloween tickets. I got that piece of shit ninja 5*, #2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In other unhappy rng news has anyone noticed the ad thing getting worse since the first lap? Literally have not hit a 30 or 100 since then and only 1 10. Pretty sure I'm down to averaging <5 lapis a day with it

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

hit my first 100 lap reward today so there's that

normally I walk away with RNG10 x5 and 30 lap

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I just got my first and second 100 reward the other day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    In other unhappy rng news has anyone noticed the ad thing getting worse since the first lap? Literally have not hit a 30 or 100 since then and only 1 10. Pretty sure I'm down to averaging <5 lapis a day with it
    I actually hit 100 Lapis twice this week and these were my first times. It's just random luck like everything else in this game :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I actually hit 100 Lapis twice this week and these were my first times. It's just random luck like everything else in this game :/
    Oh I understand RNG... I also understand Gumi likes to lower rates

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anima down, Odin down, Phoenix down (pun intended). Phoenix was a joke thanks to Fryevia, but Odin took me a few tries. I’m leaving my Thunder element Hyoh up for the weekend with para/blind resist.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The offbanner rate on the VP banners... I might just quit after that move. Got my first nameless gunner jake though wooo.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New Halloween trial is a total mess. Team I cleared with was:

Ayaka (7*) - With Pure White Blessing, Great Mage's Chant, Vestment of Mind, and her own natural MP Refresh, she was getting 150MP/turn for me. After the preemp recovery turn (aka, everyone guard turn 1), I had her pop Dedication. Otherwise just used barrier abilities, status clear, and kept Reraise up on M.Ramza. The boss does practically no damage at all so she got to auto attack for esper orbs a lot.

CG Lid - Arms Dissolver turn 2 followed by MAG Absorb and then ATK Absorb to stifle him for pretty much the rest of the fight. Reapplied MAG and ATK absorbs as needed. She got charmed on my run, but when she wasn't charmed and didn't have to apply ATK/MAG break she was auto attacking for esper orbs.

Merc. Ramza (7*) - 100% Evade + Moogle Plushie, stuck him in the 3rd party slot. Gave him as much of a chance to draw the initial Charm as possible since he's immune and it worked out. Kept up Stone Throw on him to draw all the shit he is either immune to or evaded, and when he got 1HKO'd he'd just get back up and put Stone Throw back up. Auto attacks on all his free turns.

A. Rain (7*) - Geared for loads of HP and SPR but really it doesn't matter. Any magic tank probably works fine for this, though A. Rain packs Scarlet Healing for MP recovery which was nice at the start of the fight but useless after a couple of turns. He also counters a lot which was alright for esper orbs. In lieu of auto attacks I actually kept his party revenge counter thing up, probably not much difference but it was cool.

Hyoh (7*) + Friend Hyoh (7*) - Obvious Hyoh things. Mine got charmed once, but it doesn't really matter, I just used these two for auto attacks to generate esper orbs as anything else caused the dude to nearly keel over. Once I had summoned an esper, Way of the Void -> T-Ability Servant of the Blade x2 + Phantom Blade. I'm not sure if the Phantom Blade actually had time to go off or not.

Overall it's a shitty fight to start but he becomes utterly incapable of killing your party after turn 3. Units that could probably also fill these roles, albeit not as easily and maybe more RNG reliant:

Heals: CG Fina, Rosa, Rem. I would even say Garnet, Eiko, or Citra if you're feeling adventurous and want to generate orbs faster at the expense of maybe not winning.

Breaks: 9S, Illusionist Nichol, Timothy, really anyone with 45-60% ATK and MAG breaks tbh

Phys Evade+Draw Tank: Wilhelm, Snow, Marquis du Lion, Warrior of Light, Veritas of the Earth, maybe even Metal Slime, Cagnazzo would be perfect for this if you enhance him cause he's immune to charm when he's in his shell, though that won't prevent the turn 1 charm. The main thing you're losing here if you don't have M.Ramza, as stated, will be Charm immunity, which sucks big dicks but what can you do. Stick a black belt on him or something so he isn't a useless piece of shit for 2 turns. Maybe bring one of the 2 units that can dispel charm. Or dispel it? I dunno if Dispel works on Charm. Probably does.

Magic Tank: Basch, Mystea, Shylt. You lose Scarlet Healing but that's fine. Any of these dudes can handle the magic AoE as long as you break the fool's MAG.

DDs: Any strong physical DDs. Hyoh is overkill. Don't bring magic damage. You really want to try to OTKO this guy from 100 to dead after summoning your esper. He has just under 20,000,000 HP so with 7* DDs that shouldn't be difficult to achieve. He has no elemental resistances and stupid low DEF.

It's worth noting that you can completely avoid the instant death shit if you don't auto attack or use any spells/abilities on the boss on turns 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, ...

This is only really worth it if you don't have reraise. The ankh thing from the Tomb Raider event and Phoenix's new 3* both give abilities that put reraise on the caster for 3 turns, so stick one of those on your provoke tank and suddenly you no longer fear the cold embrace of death.

Last year's trial was worse.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

And uninstalled. For context, I quit playing this game after the Christmas banner last december after getting no rainbows in 14 10+1s.

When Valkyrie Profile was announced for JP I came back in hopes of it coming to Global eventually. Fast forward to now... and I'm swimming in off banner rainbows, 1 Arngrim and 2 Freyas.
    Not one Lenneth which is who I wanted the most (nostalgia all the way)

Left Barbie help with all her Tornado modifiers and full status immunity.

Maybe I'll come back one day but honestly I'm hoping I can resist the urge to lol.

I poked the bonus fight this morning at rollover and just had to eyeroll with it starting off with a full party MP drain. Fuck off with that shit, Gumi.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Heals: CG Fina, Rosa, Rem. I would even say Garnet, Eiko, or Citra if you're feeling adventurous and want to generate orbs faster at the expense of maybe not winning.
    Just how much healing you need for that to really lower your odds? Cause 7* Eiko is actually pretty dece healer though can't heal and restore mp at same time

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I poked the bonus fight this morning at rollover and just had to eyeroll with it starting off with a full party MP drain. Fuck off with that shit, Gumi.
    Preemptively?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yep it's preemptive, so a more annoying Hasiko.

Gonna end up quitting myself once the Halloween banner ends, think my time would be better spent playing JP DFFOO.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Oravis View Post
    And uninstalled. For context, I quit playing this game after the Christmas banner last december after getting no rainbows in 14 10+1s.

When Valkyrie Profile was announced for JP I came back in hopes of it coming to Global eventually. Fast forward to now... and I'm swimming in off banner rainbows, 1 Arngrim and 2 Freyas.
    Not one Lenneth which is who I wanted the most (nostalgia all the way)

Left Barbie help with all her Tornado modifiers and full status immunity.

Maybe I'll come back one day but honestly I'm hoping I can resist the urge to lol.
    Godspeed to you. I got a rainbow on my first ticket, it was Citra. I said to myself "this is fucking stupid" and uninstalled as well

This VP banner is killing their playerbase lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Preemptively?
    As Rob said, yes.

Were it not for that, I probably would've one-rounded the thing. Unfortunately, since my tank stable is ass, I wiped at 3%, so I'll just wait to see what sort of budget strategies pop.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast