The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I haven't even finished a single STMR yet lol

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

kinda driving me nuts that the default everywhere - from gamefaqs to reddit to youtube - is "only use these UoC tickets on limited-time units." the logic sounds solid: limited-time units are much harder to obtain any other way, while other units are available all of the time. problem is, utility > availability. if you have a choice between a limited-time unit and a freely available unit, sure, go for the limited unit. but everyone's acting like limited-time units are THE ONLY CHOICE and that's just silly. depending on your box it could very well be that getting a limited unit wouldn't really improve your teams much but a non-limited one might; the decision is more nuanced than "OMG OMG LIMITED TIME ONLY"

/soapbox

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

non limited gains are temporary. Limited is forever!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    non limited gains are temporary. Limited is forever!
    NOT YOU TOO

I know you know what I mean tho lol. obvs if you have a good limited unit to 7* or could really use a TMR (I'm eyeing you Kryla) then go that route

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Personally, i think Kryla is the best choice for the superior tmr alone.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm edging toward that choice as well, Barbie be damned. Zarga is tempting but I have Seaside Nicky so...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    NOT YOU TOO

I know you know what I mean tho lol. obvs if you have a good limited unit to 7* or could really use a TMR (I'm eyeing you Kryla) then go that route
    Oh I know what you mean my response was actually toward that. To more fully explain. Yes short term a non limited unit can easily get you more gains but as time moves on that is less and less likely the case as your odds of pulling it anyways, it being outdated, or being able to use regular UoC increase. Limited time units tend to have greater longevity and/or uniqueness but are marred by well limited time to get them to 7*

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah but what I'm saying is, there are a lot of uninformed posts that basically say "NEVER EVER CHOOSE A NON-LIMITED UNIT" which imo is completely short-sighted and lacking in nuance. choose whichever unit will benefit you the most in the long-run; that will often (but not always) be a limited unit

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Considered several of them, but none of them really stood out as units I really needed nor any STMR or TMRs I had to have. Considered Zarg also, as he is a solid unit still stuck at 6* for me, and I have got some nice milage out of his TMR. Then I pulled him as I was debating, so went with 7* my second Fryevia. No regrets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It really depends on the limited unit though. Older ones like Demon Rain and Dracu Lasswell require 7*s to be useable at all while others like Chow or Noel are among the top tiers even at 6*s (with enhancements). Although neither will stand a chance against future trials if you don't get two copies now.
    Kryla belongs in a very special category, if she gets good enhancements and 7* she'll be among the best for months (current top breakers in JP are still Loren and Auron).
    Don't use tickets now, see what Christmas brings you with EX tickets and banner pulls (if you're pulling at all) and then pick your unit of choice.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah I plan on waiting for Christmas as well. I'll probably get Kryla anyway because WKN or Christine wouldn't really benefit me all that much, but it's still smart to wait and see what you pull. really hoping for a Kryla pull and great enhancements for her though. saving all my lapis (which if you know me is not something I ever do) for those sweet sweet Christmas step-ups

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    . Then I pulled him as I was debating, so went with 7* my second Fryevia. No regrets.
    See this is half the reason I'm waiting. I'm definitely pulling on Christmas banner and even just normal freebies we will get. Will be tons of regrats if I get something now only to get redundant copies in the next month or so

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    /soapbox
    I think it's sound advice for the masses. You have to keep in mind, this is the kind of advice that matters to people who value tier lists, who need to be told a TMR/STMR/trial piece is good, etc. IE, people who don't bother thinking for themselves. I think part of the hype also stems from this being something that no one would have bet we'd ever get. Many (myself included) assumed this ticket was literally just GL exclusive general pool units, like Aloha Lasswell/Nichol, Beryl, Circe, Fry, etc. The fact that limited units were allowed blew people away.

Obviously you should pick what will benefit you the most, whether that's a 2nd Zarg for 7*, a 4th Barb to get her STMR and boost Tornado chainers, or a limited unit to complete a 7* or useful STMR. If you have to choose among multiple, you'll likely get more mileage from choosing a limited unit since you can use regular UoCs on the others.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So damn Katy Perry takes hardly any xp to level and only costs 100k to awaken to 7* so if there was ever a time to definitely make 2 7* and combine this is it

Stupid ass item world. Did a run with draco slayer and the last 4 floors had 10% def at least once. 9th floor had 15% def twice and 10% def as the other. Didnt get higher than a 3% mag on that run.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I got 25% attack and 25% HP on a sword today.

It was a Trauminator.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Also, some of it stems from Ling having been so OP and limited.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So... seems like the Christmas step-up is pretty awful lol. 20k type with no guaranteed (except Step 5) and no rate-ups or tickets at all. However it includes old Christmas units as well (guaranteed is only for the new ones) but it's unclear whether they're featured (thus making this banner a 5x 5* split.. ouch) or off banners... which is just as bad. And this is them listening to feedback apparently.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I've been going hard in the paint for some high tide daggers

probably about 25ish runs in, and I've only got one high tide bowie so far lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I got it on Assassin's dagger yesterday, but the other rolls are so fucking awful that it probably should be rerolled anyways. I have it on a Bowie and Ulric's Kukri from the first IW, and I've noticed that I rarely use them because units that can equip daggers into fights are the ones you tend to dump elemental weapons onto for missions.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast