Closed Thread
Page 56 of 160 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Figured out my problem in March of the Beasts, I can't get T.Terras to chain for the life of me. What the eff? I know she doesn't spark chain but I can't get anything past 8 before it breaks down into 1-2.
    I assume you mean quad wave? Yeah it's only 4 between hits at some point so pretty hard. Harder than flare/dark

I find with a little lag either using 2 fingers it either doesn't click at all or works most the time even sparking a bit... you wont be able to cap that well since doing it fast like that leads to a lot of not counting either input but for just chaining it can work oks. Autoclickers work for something like that very well just not great on QH ones

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Figured out my problem in March of the Beasts, I can't get T.Terras to chain for the life of me. What the eff? I know she doesn't spark chain but I can't get anything past 8 before it breaks down into 1-2.
    this happens with her. put one in the back and one in the front (like slots 1/4) and press the back one, then the front one, as quickly as possible

why that should matter given that they're magic chainers and there is no movement involved, I haven't the foggiest, but it works

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I hate they broke the gestures method for spark chaining on android version.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It has been harder for me to chain since I upgraded phones due to the lack of graphical lag...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good news! Old Christmas units have their own banner and step-up AND both of these only feature Kryla, Christine and Noel! Unfortunatly the same does not apply for the new units.

Edit: Also enhancements later this month! Kryla gets all her breaks buffed to 65% and 5 turns :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I'm kind of torn now. Overall value is kind of terrible on these step ups especially after this glex step up but no off banners on cool limited time... can't wait for the dat mines

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Good news! Old Christmas units have their own banner and step-up AND both of these only feature Kryla, Christine and Noel! Unfortunatly the same does not apply for the new units.

Edit: Also enhancements later this month! Kryla gets all her breaks buffed to 65% and 5 turns :D
    Huh, its a step in the right direction for sure. I might pull a few tickets on the Old-Unit banner if the only Rainbows are the 3 featured. Nice

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Well, I said I'd stick around until Christmas to see what they did and it's the same Halloween bullshit again like I predicted.

Looks like I'm gonna ride this out until the end of my current lapis/tickets and then time to uninstall.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Same fucking here

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

went for a mag augment for enhancer+, end up with a tank sword

Spoiler: show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not a very good tank sword lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm trying to decide if they fucked up IW somehow (we know dagger 2F was broken, and then "fixed") or if I'm just unlucky and RNG is kicking my ass....

But I seem to reliably be getting jack shit on floors 4 to 7. Thinking about it, how often do you replace the first 3 you get from floors 1 through 3? If 4-7 have better rates of better stats, you'd think on average the first 3 stats would be replaced by floor 8. But in reality, I get so much garbage I rarely get something better than 1-3. Anecdotal evidence and all...

My only 2 rares so far have been on Fry sword, and the other stats were utter shit. I'm going to be re-running it until I get pissed or run out of time tonight.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, I said I'd stick around until Christmas to see what they did and it's the same Halloween bullshit again like I predicted.
    I don't really get this outlook. If your goal is the older units, they've set you up pretty well with it's banners not having off banners. Not defending them, I'm 100% on board with no more off banners period on limited banners, but I'm guessing that won't be happening anytime soon for us. It's not even a constant for JP banners. Something like 3 out of the last 7 limited/colab banners for them have still had off banners. What's more useful I'd argue is their UoC token system, which will hopefully be coming with Xenogears and sticking around permanently, as it has in JP excluding Nier.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I don't really get this outlook. If your goal is the older units, they've set you up pretty well with it's banners not having off banners. Not defending them, I'm 100% on board with no more off banners period on limited banners, but I'm guessing that won't be happening anytime soon for us. It's not even a constant for JP banners. Something like 3 out of the last 7 limited/colab banners for them have still had off banners. What's more useful I'd argue is their UoC token system, which will hopefully be coming with Xenogears and sticking around permanently, as it has in JP excluding Nier.
    To whit from what I could find only the banners with 3+ rainbows had the only on banner thing (except one weird double banner period exception)... which makes a lot of sense.

But yeah tokens are a lot more of a deal and it's not like we didn't already get something like that for the cg unit banner

No, this time around IW sucks. Way way too many double defense arguments on magic staffs only to see 15% att on the end. Not one single special from any of the weapons I did. Was seeing 1-3% up until floor 7 or 8 which is kinda stupid cause those are the floors where the good stuff is supposed to be.

As for the x-mas step ups I probably wont do them. Tifa and KH > Christmas units for me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm not really bothered by the Christmas units thing. I've not really pulled on any of the banners, because honestly even if the unit is good I'm not going to be running a fucking Nutcracker doll or chick in a Santa hat come April. I'm 100% over Christmas before Thanksgiving weekend is even over.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well Christmas units look kind of unexciting

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Really? I think WKN and Kryla look insanely good. Kryla is weird as fuck but if she never dies she can keep up 74% breaks and deal damage on top all the time.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Not a very good tank sword lol.
    If I walked out of IW with a good set of rolls, it just wouldn't feel right

Ridill