Page 57 of 160 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    I'm trying to decide if they fucked up IW somehow (we know dagger 2F was broken, and then "fixed") or if I'm just unlucky and RNG is kicking my ass....

But I seem to reliably be getting jack shit on floors 4 to 7. Thinking about it, how often do you replace the first 3 you get from floors 1 through 3? If 4-7 have better rates of better stats, you'd think on average the first 3 stats would be replaced by floor 8. But in reality, I get so much garbage I rarely get something better than 1-3. Anecdotal evidence and all...

My only 2 rares so far have been on Fry sword, and the other stats were utter shit. I'm going to be re-running it until I get pissed or run out of time tonight.
    It was horrid this time around for me too. Like I get RNG and all but the amount of time I invested in one weapon (literally the entire event and every spare orb from last round but no lapis) I should have walked away with something solid on it. Instead the BEST I got was Life and Power, 10 MAG, 5 ATT on Fry’s needle. I am not saying it isn’t good, but no where near the type of stuff I have got on other IW runs where I wasn’t trying. Trying was likely the problem though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks like Katy's "Appetite for More" skill is bugged now. Seems like the reason is that instead of calling for this specific ability it's actually calling for Tiana's (who has a buff with the same name).
    This potentially means that Tiana is also bugged (it's her quadcast unlock btw so... big deal).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Kryla is weird as fuck but if she never dies she can keep up 74% breaks and deal damage on top all the time.
    Just setup for breaks kind of a turn off in a meta where we have 2 breakers that do it with their LB while dealing a ton of dmg lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One of those is a collab limited unit. Kryla can also Dispel and break within the same turn thanks to Witchcraft+, niche but surely useful. If you ever need to Dispel and Loren has just used her LB you'll have to deal with 50% breaks, Kryla has 65% as backup if you mess up her rotation or get unlucky.
    I think she's really good, need to see that damage on her new Hex ability.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

True one was limited but ya know so is this! And the other limited time can also be current #1 DD. Anyways wasn't saying they aren't useful just not too exciting. Especially for limited time when you competing with 2 other rainbows in the pool and more exciting limited time units coming up and what should be the last 7* awakenings coming up.

That said that back up break comparison is a bit more nuanced. Krylas backups are single target AND single stat while Loren's are either full on a single or dual for all. Kind of situational.

We already got the info on the new hex ability. It's a lot of dmg but only 1 turn and requires a CD move you have to wait till turn 6 which is hard to work into rotation if you using her as a break.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's one turn but it's on for three and she can Dualcast it. She can also dualcast all of her breaks so Loren having duals isn't really an advantage there.
    My main point is that Kryla is easier to get because her banner is limited to three rainbow units only (meaning your chances of pulling one are double the usual on banner rates) and you can pick one for free. She's a top tier breaker at 7* although she's heavily reliant on unlocks and LB generation.
    Between her cooldown and unlockable breaks Kryla can keep 70/74% breaks up on all enemies at all times.
    If anyone needs a 7* breaker picking Kryla from the FF ticket means you can save your normal UoC for other units, Loren and Auron are still at the top in current JP so she's gonna last a long time.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I mean the fact that you can get a free Kryla is a huge point in the plus column lol. if I pull one I'm definitely using my UoC on her

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's one turn but it's on for three and she can Dualcast it. She can also dualcast all of her breaks so Loren having duals isn't really an advantage there.
    I want you to go back and reread that part and you'll see why it is

Seriously getting off track here though. I just said they are unexciting not complete trash that is useless. And yes they have upsides but you kind of ignoring downsides or the greater utility of other options both of her and her banner. And even then she's one of 5. Calm down I'm still likely pulling for her a little but mostly because my best breaker is still CG Lid but I'm not excited about doing so

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

new personal best

Spoiler: show

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Decided to blow 10 reg tickets on ole Xmas banner to get 7* waifu Christine and I end up with 10 Gilbert's in a row. Well played, Cockblocker.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

used 31 reg tickets and a handful of 4ex tickets

10+1

first three steps of winter step up

not a single rainbow or winter limited unit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got Yuna #2 from one of the 10+1s, Prompto#1 from 5* EX ticket, Kryla #2 from a 4* ticket on her banner. Quite happy honestly, will keep using tickets for Noel and see how it goes.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I got that stupid fucking fairy 5* from the 10+1 and BD sakura #2 from the 5* ticket.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I've pulled 2 Tianas along with a Lulu and a Beryl. Call it quits there? I haven't tried the old step-up, I have 1 Christine and 0 WKN/Kryla right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tried old step up. Full lap 1 WKN... used my 10+1s and my 5* ex hoping for that small chance and nope (though 2nd Malphaise was nice since will be my best by a bit first turn def/spr breaker). Was going to stop there as I had pretty much decided if all I got was WKN I'd stop if I could fill the rest of my farming team with 4* but decided to do 2nd lap...

And good thing I did. Get Christine first step. Nothing 2nd step. 4th step WKN. 5th step Kylra.... oh 3rd step?

Spoiler: show

So now I'm super conflicted. With 3 Christines, 3 WKN and 1 Kryla I kind of want exactly 1 more of each but 1 more lap would destroy my lapis plus a little and was really wanting to save some.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Got an extra Christine and a Kryla, used my Fan Festa tickets for another.

Looks like no Noel or Nutcracker for me because I'm not doing extra laps when everything worked out so well, but getting 3 new 7*s isn't bad.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

got Beryl #1 from the 10+1, which is useless to me but cool. then Ace #3 from the 5* EX, lame

Got Lunera from my 5* ticket. Not happy with another lame ass bard I'll never use or tmr farm for. 10+1 got me 6 gold 5 blue which was exciting and one of the golds was Santa Roseilla. First one in 3 years.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

5 star ticket became Christine #2 yay. 2 10+1 and 5+1 were all crap. 4 star ticket on old unit banner coughed up Kryla. I'm hoping I get another WKN or Kryla from the guaranteed pull soon or I'll have to spend lapis on step up or burn more tickets. I've got a lot of nostalgia love for WKN but I have so many 5* tanks if it comes down to the holiday ticket, I am leaning toward 7* Kryla.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm started using WKNs in arena and boy is it fun hiding units behind WKN lol

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 160 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast