Closed Thread
Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I mean the one good thing they did recently was 7* Trance Terra and now even that's fucked LOL

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Just how much healing you need for that to really lower your odds? Cause 7* Eiko is actually pretty dece healer though can't heal and restore mp at same time
    That's the problem,in addition to her general ineptitude at other healery functions like not being able to cast reraise. Just doesn't feel as good for this fight due to having less ability to Jumpstart your team's mp tho.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rem 7* is probably the best considering she can restore a lot of MP with her LB gauge, just need to work on that XD.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy hell not another tediously fucking stupid “drain all your MP” preemptive strike fight. Goddamnit I don’t care enough to do this RNG garbage fest again.

First non blue from summer/Halloween tickets today was pirate jake. Kinda sad I'm happier that I get a 4* than a 5* right now. Multiple charm is annoying as shit too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its just tedious. Absolutely tedious, not to mention he hits like a truck too so its about hoping no one gets KO'd while you're bringing up your MP. Its not fun ._., and the rewards are garbage enough I'm not even going to try... got my fill of it with that Fan Festa raid.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

A magic tank with provoke tends to be fine coverage for the whole fight. Used oldmandu for ATK/MAG break. My main issue was not the mp drain but the charm. So many lost rounds due to charm. 1TKO first run through it with Hyoh/oldman chain since I thought he had more HP. Re ran for esper and similar 1TKO kill.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    A magic tank with provoke tends to be fine coverage for the whole fight. Used oldmandu for ATK/MAG break. My main issue was not the mp drain but the charm. So many lost rounds due to charm. 1TKO first run through it with Hyoh/oldman chain since I thought he had more HP. Re ran for esper and similar 1TKO kill.
    I have Wilhelm(7*) and Basch, its just starting with 0MP again and flashbacks to the Raid bosses "challenge", I either have to use items or wait and pray he doesnt drain me to 0 again before I can get off a MP recovery move from someone or he 1-shots one of my people cause my tank couldn't voke.

Its a 98SPI staff and I already have Holy Wand, still a pass and ain't worth the trouble, if the only good thing from the fight wasn't locked behind "No Items" I'd just run in and elixir my DPS and 1-shot him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    That's the problem,in addition to her general ineptitude at other healery functions like not being able to cast reraise. Just doesn't feel as good for this fight due to having less ability to Jumpstart your team's mp tho.
    I suppose though I wouldn't be attacking on death turns I think. Speaking of can I add you? I could really use that evade plushied M ramza you were talking about. Also when it talks about turns here for the death move is it actual that turn or do they really mean 1 less cause preemptive. Because wiki is often hit or miss on saying if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    My main issue was not the mp drain but the charm. So many lost rounds due to charm. 1TKO first run through it with Hyoh/oldman chain since I thought he had more HP. Re ran for esper and similar 1TKO kill.
    While it wont stop the initial single target you can give charm protection with someone equipped with lakshmi

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

My fight wasn't exactly smooth but I got it done in one go. Everybody defended on turn one, I had both Ayaka and MS Nichol with Refresh+ gear on so that's all I needed. Once I could break his MAG (had a 100% evasion tank so ATK wasn't a problem) the most punishing part was having things not go wrong while I built up Esper orbs.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Fortunate enough to have M. Ramza and A. Rain so the vampire lord was pretty simple. Ramza was evasion + moogle plushie. Since I couldn't use LBs anyway, A. Rain was backup heals + refresh. The worst part was the AoE charm kept getting one or the other Hyoh once I went for the kill. I had to wait a few rounds for it to be off both of them to finish it. Team was M. Ramza, A. Rain, Rena, MS Nichol, Hyoh+Friend Hyoh, everyone had full immunity.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I used Demon Rain, CG Fina, CG Lid, Merc Ramza, OKx2.

OK can one shot this guy if you can get everyone 50 MP on turn 1 and buff his attack a bit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some good news: apparently Kain got ninja fixed at some point and he's now able to perfect chain with Aileen/Explorer Aileen and get a 27 chain with Lila.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I suppose though I wouldn't be attacking on death turns I think. Speaking of can I add you? I could really use that evade plushied M ramza you were talking about. Also when it talks about turns here for the death move is it actual that turn or do they really mean 1 less cause preemptive. Because wiki is often hit or miss on saying if that's the case
    yeah go ahead. also it accounts for the pre emp turn. The move happens every 3 turns, so including pre emp the first one happens in 3 turns as well (Pre emp -> 1 -> 2)

Oh boy we get a 10+1 and 5+1 tomorrow.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Can't wait to get Marie #9!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Can't wait to get Cloud #8 or no rainbows!

Ftfy

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Can't wait to get Zarg #7!

ftftfy

I will take like 8 Barbs, though. Gotta get those STMR accessories.

I dont get my hopes up on either of those tickets that way I'm not disappointed when I dont get anything. I'm just looking for decent 3* and 4* tmr fodder. If I can get some of those I'll be happy with those tickets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cloud #2 from my daily Halloween ticket, yay?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast